43. MYSTERY OPTION
  44. Joffrey Baratheon
  45. Ramsay Bolton
  46. Qyburn
  47. Viserys Targaryen
  48. Maester Aemon
  49. Margaery Tyrell
  50. Gregor Clegane

Naturally Margaery and Oberyn need to be jumped up quite a few spots.

Roose Bolton seems way too high on that list. He needs to be closer to his bastard.

Roose is pretty great, and his actor has done wonders with him. Part of what makes fantasy so fun is the atrocity of the villians. Even though GoT is painted in very gray shades, there are those black hearts that you just love to see. Because you know Roose is a villain, but he's not being overt about it like his bastard is. Props to him for offing Robb himself, and consistently sabotaging the North's war effort slowly but surely. Dude knows how to play the long game and I respect that. He's the Warden of the North now.

I love a great villain. I don't consider Roose to be there yet.. Not from what I have seen, of course. I am glad Gilly is so bad she didn't even make the list.

Rhaegar is so important to the series that he makes the list based on who he is and what he did setting the whole game into motion.

Well I mean he did

Father Jon, after all. The true Prince That Was Promised

are mystery options guys who haven't been revealed yet??

my top 5.

1) Beric Dondarrion

2) Tyrion

3) Arya

4) Jorah the Explorah

5) Brienne

So who's the hand of the king now? Mom dukes might weasel her way in there. Would this mean Jaime leaves the Kings Guard?

I hate waiting another year for this shit lol. If they finish the rest of the book series everyone in the cast will be like 10 years older than they are now.

• Upvote 1

Except the book series will never be finished because George RR Martin is perpetually seconds away from massive cardiac arrest.

Edited by Favre4Ever

When are they gonna do it next season though? There are people worried that they're just cutting it entirely.

I don't know, it would be a pretty epic way to start the season. Why cry about it now when you don't know what the writers have planned?

You will know why when it happens. We were all but told it was going to occur, and watching other people's reactions is half my fun in this series.

10450150_935036843176706_274956922558851

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-season-5-loses-two-major-characters-2014-9

Two Major Characters Will Not Appear In 'Game Of Thrones' Season 5

Read more: http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-5-story-details-hodor/#ixzz3COGjm8dc

Changes are afoot for Game of Thrones Season 5. Though longtime fans of George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Firebook series were surely happy to see the stories find widespread appreciation thanks to HBO’s massive hit series adaptation, that elation quickly turned to nervousness as showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss began to steamroll through the books while Martin takes his sweet time in writing the final two books of the series. Martin has been adamant that his books would take years to adapt into television form, but Benioff and Weiss started covering a fair amount of material from the most recent book, A Dance with Dragons, in Season 4 and recently revealed plans to complete the show after seven seasons whether Martin is finished or not.

As a result of the fact that Benioff and Weiss are heading towards the conclusion of their TV series adaptation, a major storyline from the books will be sidelined for the entire fifth season: that of Bran Stark, Hodor, and their mysterious friends.

Speaking with the Australian Broadcasting Commission (via Vulture), actor Kristian Nairn—who plays Hodor on the show—revealed that he and Isaac Hempstead-Wright—who plays Bran Stark—have this season off entirely:

“We have a season off and we have a year’s hiatus, solely because I imagine our storyline is up to the end of the books.”

Indeed, once book fans saw where Bran and Hodor’s storyline ended up at the end of Season 4, many began wondering just how the series was going to move forward. An easy fix on the end of Weiss and Benioff is to simply put that story on “pause” for a season. Though it’s a bit frustrating given that Bran’s story left on a pretty major cliffhanger at the end of Season 4, it’s an understandable work-around.

Game of Thrones has a tendency to feel crowded at times as Weiss and Benioff try their hardest to service all of the many storylines and characters, so I could actually see the absence of the Bran storyline working in the show’s favor in the upcoming season.

Whether George R.R. Martin finishes his book series or not, the end is nigh for Game of Thrones on HBO, so here’s hoping Weiss and Benioff have carved out a satisfying conclusion to this epic fantasy saga. Game of Thrones Season 5 will premiere on HBO next spring.

Read more: http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-5-story-details-hodor/#ixzz3COGowHcf

Yeah, its a Feast for Crows. Bran isnt there.

Yeah, its a Feast for Crows. Bran isnt there.

They're fusing Feast and Dance this season.

And they covered most all of Bran's stuff.

The original outline for George Martins books, going as far as detailing 5 characters that are supposed to survive the series:

http://bryndenbfish.tumblr.com/post/110090605541/someone-from-waterstones-books-snapped-a-picture

Edited by Favre4Ever

Update the title of this thread to season 5.

They try to give Dany all these badass lines and the actress cannot pull them off and it is painful to watch every time.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/03/game-of-thrones-tv-show-will-spoil-books

With all the character changes, non-book deaths, and plot alterations in the upcoming season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, you’d be forgiven if you thought the TV show would eventually have nothing whatsoever to do with George R.R. Martin’s books. But you’d be wrong. Show runners Dan Weiss and David Benioff confirmed over the weekend that their show would be ending in the same place as the book series, and sooner than the books as well.

Speaking to the Oxford Union, Benioff addressed the TV series outpacing the books:

Luckily, we’ve been talking about this with George for a long time, ever since we saw this could happen, and we know where things are heading. And so we’ll eventually, basically, meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going; there might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination. I kind of wish that there were some things we didn’t have to spoil, but we’re kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. The show must go on. . .and that’s what we’re going to do.

We’ve known for awhile that Weiss and Benioff knew how Martin planned to end his series. But up until this year, readers were convinced that Martin would at least deliver the long-awaited next book in the series before the show had a chance to outpace him. It’s pretty clear that the upcoming fifth season of Game of Thrones will wrap up the plots of Books 4 and 5 (A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons), leaving everybody, show watchers and book readers alike, in the same place come this year’s season finale a.k.a. in the dark about what will happen next in both Book 6 (The Winds of Winter) and Season 6.

Back in January, Martin’s publisher said she had “no information on likely delivery” of The Winds of Winter, prompting most to conclude that there would be no new book at all in 2015. But Martin has since cancelled several upcoming public appearances at conventions in order to finish Book 6, even teasing that he might finish as early as this summer a.k.a. “before these cons roll round.” Meaning we might get Book 6 before Season 6. Maybe.

But Martin could lock himself away around the clock and he still wouldn’t finish his planned seventh book (A Dream of Spring) before Season 7 of the show rolls around in 2017. Nor would we want him to. Martin’s books are great because he takes his time with the painstaking details. Nobody wants a rush job.

So as things stand, book readers may still have an advantage going into Season 6, but it’s everyone for themselves come Season 7. There are advantages and disadvantages to that arrangement. The obvious advantage being book readers will no longer have to tiptoe around spoilers. The disadvantage being that readers who enjoy the story of Westeros unfolding the way Martin tells it (painstaking details and all), will have to settle for learning how it all ends in an abridged and modified way.

And what will all this do for Martin’s book sales? Will readers be as motivated to buy when they already know how it all ends? Benioff thinks they will. He said,

I think the thing that’s kind of fun for George is the idea that he can still have surprises for people even once they’ve watched the show through to the conclusion. There are certain things that are going to happen in the books that are different in the show, and I think people who love the show and want more—want to know more about the characters, want to know more about the different characters who might not have made the cut for the show—will be able to turn to the books.

How about you, gentle readers, will you be picking up a copy of A Dream of Spring even after the HBO show is over and done with?

You can watch Weiss, Benioff, Kit Harrington, and John Bradley address the Oxford Union in full here:

I hope GRRMRNS end-game is to only have one person left alive in the whole world. That'd be pretty awesome.

That's awesome that Bran is out this year. He's always been the most boring part of the show IMO. I can't wait for this Sunday!!!!

I'm most excited to see what Tyrion does next.

With Joffrey and Tywin gone this season doesn't have a true villain that I can think of right now. Littlefinger probably is the biggest one but he's so sneaky about it whereas Joffrey and Tywin were so blatant and didn't care, it was fun to watch.