Sign in to follow this  
Turry

UPDATE Mike Williams traded to Buffalo

Bills acquired WR Mike Williams from the Buccaneers for a sixth-round draft pick.
Williams' name has been in the news for all the wrong reasons this offseason, and he clearly was on the outs in Tampa. In Buffalo, Williams reunites with Doug Marrone. Marrone coached Williams at Syracuse in 2009 before Williams quit the team that November. Williams also grew up in Buffalo, so it's a homecoming. In 2010, Williams led all rookie receivers in catches, yards, and touchdowns. He's not an explosive athlete by any means but with 25 career touchdowns and a 6-foot-2, 212-pound frame, Williams has been a reliable red-zone option. Williams, Robert Woods, and Stevie Johnson project as Buffalo's top three wideouts, though Johnson has been rumored to be on the way out.
Related: Buccaneers
Source: James Walker on Twitter

I like the trade. Seems like low risk for someone that has potential. I'm just a little worried that having him live close to his friends from Niagara Falls could cause us to have a DeSean Jackson situation.

For a 6th round pick, the Bills are getting a steal. Mike is great at going up at getting jump balls and has great body control. He actually really reminds me of Stevie Johnson, they should make a great duo.

I want the Bills to draft Mike Evans and the Eagles swoop in and trade for Stevie Johnson; possibly a 4th round and a low draft pick next year (6th or 7th) and take on that contract of his. I like Stevie. Hasn't been able to reach his ceiling with the Bills.

Mike Williams is worth a 6th. But meh. We can find a better WR in this draft. No 1000 yard season, ugly contract. Lazy player. Peace.

If he can get his act together off the field, he can really be a solid weapon for EJ Manuel next to Stevie Johnson. Maybe him being at home will fix his act.

I like it, it's a low risk situation. If he causes problems off the field we can cut him and that's the end of it.

Marrone is the same coach Mike Williams quit on in college too. We will see if the can mend that relationship.

Dominik done goofed by giving him that big undeserved extension last year.

Marrone is the same coach Mike Williams quit on in college too. We will see if the can mend that relationship.

Thats an interesting point that I hadn't considered. Makes it seem very surprising to me.

If he can get his act together off the field, he can really be a solid weapon for EJ Manuel next to Stevie Johnson. Maybe him being at home will fix his act.

I like it, it's a low risk situation. If he causes problems off the field we can cut him and that's the end of it.

Agreed. Win-win for both sides.