SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

:no:
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I move that SteVo be given automatic Elite status from this point and throughout the entire 2014-15 season. Creating this story has been a ton of work and we always talk about how valuable people who keep this forum active are--here's a prime example and giving him that status shouldn't even have to go through the voting process, imo.

These chapters are making the offseason much more tolerable.

Is there a second?

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Nobody else likes Malik Rose? :(

I like him.

• Upvote 1

I move that SteVo be given automatic Elite status from this point and throughout the entire 2014-15 season. Creating this story has been a ton of work and we always talk about how valuable people who keep this forum active are--here's a prime example and giving him that status shouldn't even have to go through the voting process, imo.

Is there a second?

Tbh I agree with this, considering the off season is usually a ghost town around here doing KoA has given it some activity. In the first thread Stevo did say it was something he was looking to do a few series so it looks good.

Is there a second?

I refuse.

As I've said, I am enjoying writing these as much as you guys are enjoying reading. Summers for teachers can actually get quite boring. If you want to vote me elite, you'll have a chance in the next "election," whenever that is. In the meantime, enjoy the remaining chapters of Part I. Five to go!

Speaking of, I didn't post a teaser for this week's upcoming chapter because I've been on vacation, but I'm back! Here's a glimpse of what's to come tomorrow, chapter eight, titled "Depth Chart."

Apparently at rock bottom with a 2-8 record, the Knights prepare for a seemingly useless game with the 2-8 Vikings. But the game brings unexpected playing time for two backups: tight end Logan Bishop (Vin's character) and outside linebacker Sean Brock (sean's character). Playing on opposite sides of the ball, teammates with opposite personalities try to make an impact for a football team whose season is likely already lost.

Writer's note: chapters eight and nine are very similar in structure, and by the time we get to chapter ten, we will have formally introduced almost the entire team. Additionally, the next two chapters contain some nuggets that you'll only appreciate if you're a TGP member. Read closely!

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

Is there a second?

Take mine away and give it to Steven. :yep:

Aw yiss.

Mudafikker, however I do look forward to another great episode

Programming note: next Sunday's chapter will be posted Sunday night, not in the morning, as I'll be traveling and without my computer. So if you wake up Sunday and don't see anything posted, do not panic! Anyway, here's the teaser for chapter nine, titled "Returns."

The 3-8 Knights are on the brink of playoff elimination. Their next two games on the schedule include a home game against the Bears and a road trip against the Dolphins. But just like the Vikings game, we'll get our first detailed look at two more players: running back Jerome Jaxson (Bangy's character) and linebacker Marlon Martin (Razor's character). We'll discover a connection between Jaxson and head coach Daniel, and we'll see why nobody is expecting anything out of Martin.

I'm expecting things out of Martin!

>_> <_ can it be sunday yet>

Yea buddies roll on sunday hombres

Only three chapters left in Part I! :(

While it's sad to see the first "season" come to an end, I can say with 100% confidence that Knights of Andreas will continue. Moreover, I have some plans for future seasons that I believe are pretty exciting, and I look forward to getting feedback from you guys before officially planning them.

Ricky (a.k.a. JetsFan4Life) has officially joined our cast of characters. His own character will be making his first appearance in the final chapter of Part I and will receive a formal introduction in Part II.

• Upvote 1

:ooo:

Alright, only three to go. Here's the teaser for chapter ten, "General Management."

The Knights are on the very brink of playoff elimination as they prepare for a trip to Arrowhead Stadium. And though we've seen him in action plenty of times, this week's chapter will focus exclusively on general manager Chance Phillips. We'll see some more details regarding the struggles he inherited upon taking over as GM, and we'll experience a week in the NFL from his eyes.

Writer's note: since we're shifting to the front office this week, there's not a lot of on-the-field action, but seeing things from Phillips' perspective is different, and there's one particular passage where you'll see what is essentially his assessment of the entire team.

• Upvote 2

Welcome Ricky :D.

I wonder if the assessments are individual assessments or just a general one. Anyway roll on sunday

Public service announcement:

I've been having some computer trouble lately. This morning it took an act of the computer gods for it to start up. As a precaution against further complications, I may post chapter ten of KoA tonight instead of tomorrow morning. I'm sure you guys won't mind. :D

• Upvote 2

Do it doooo it MOAR KoA

Ricky (a.k.a. JetsFan4Life) has officially joined our cast of characters. His own character will be making his first appearance in the final chapter of Part I and will receive a formal introduction in Part II.

Pretty sure some of you are going to hate my character. :devious:

• Upvote 2

Only two chapters left. :(

Here's your teaser for chapter eleven, titled "Suck for Luck."

The AFC West is going down to the wire, but the Knights aren't part of the equation. After a very interesting week of practice, they get a chance to play spoiler. Also, we'll meet DE Sam Luck (eightnine's character) and find out why his NFL career isn't meeting expectations despite high production. Jay Cooper also makes a return.

Writer's note: I know it's tough to sell chapters since we're out of the playoffs, so I did everything I could to make the final two chapters intriguing. It's also worth noting that after this chapter, all TGP characters will have been formally introduced except for Ricky's and any other newcomers, but we'll get to that in Part II.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

Very interested in seening about Luck and the reappearance of Cooper. What I want to know is how much of a douche and in what capacity Ricky's character will be.

Also how long of a gap between season one and season two?

Also how long of a gap between season one and season two?

In terms of when the story takes place or in terms of when I write/publish it? Or both?