ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

NBA players were gonna boycott games if Sterling didn't get banned. Guess the Pacers didn't get the memo and have been boycotting all playoffs :troll:

• Upvote 1

Guys, Westbrook wouldn't do some of the stuff he does in a real system. You think he'd get away with it in Pop or Carlisle's systems? Nah. And there wouldn't even be a need to. Structure does that for you.

And Westbrook's good FAR outweighs his bad. It's really not even close. What you get in bad is you get back in good at an exponentially higher level. Let's wait it out and see how Russ fairs in a better offensive system (assuming Brooks is fired this offseason...).

This team has everything it needs but a real offensive system. Even a mediocre one would get the job done. The current system isn't really a system. It's a set of 2-man plays with rare, inconsistent off-ball movement and zero 2nd or 3rd options. The team has been bailed out for 3 straights years by incredible individual talent from Russ, KD, and at one point Harden (2012 playoffs minus the Finals series).

It shouldn't take a system for Russ to NOT take horrible shots. It shouldn't take a system for him to realize that when he's off, he shouldn't keep shooting the damn ball. 30 shots for your second option? Really? Russ is a big reason that the Thunder are down, and I'm not going to cut him slack because of bad coaching. These are individual decisions he's making and individual's the key word, here, because it's very clear that Russ is a little caught up in himself.

Guest Phailadelphia

KD is getting mauled off the ball and the Grizz are denying him any opportunity to facilitate. What else is Westbrook going to do? Let Sefolosha run the P&R? OKC has THREE play makers, and Brooks for some asinine reason doesn't put Reggie and Russ on the floor together as often as he should. And if Reggie isn't on the floor, it leaves Russ with a grenade in his hands every possession.

A system would fix that. The scheme would force players to actually defend their man across the court rather than stand around in the vicinity of KD and Russ to easily double team them while OKC's other 3 players stand in the same spot and ball watch.

• Upvote 1

The Spurs finally playing their brand of basketball. If it wasn't for a crazy buzzer-beating 3pt from Carter, the series would be over. Glad to see Parker and Leonard have good nights and the bench contributing once again. Hopefully they can close it out in Dallas.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yall see what I mean when Russ is reined in? Insanely good tonight.

• Upvote 1

Well yeah. That's what we've been arguing. Shoot less shots, better shots, and Russ will fine.

Memphis' season is over, but I sure hope Conley can play and be himself on Wednesday, or it'll be a horrible end to such a fantastic series.

Guest Phailadelphia

Well yeah. That's what we've been arguing. Shoot less shots, better shots, and Russ will fine.

Memphis' season is over, but I sure hope Conley can play and be himself on Wednesday, or it'll be a horrible end to such a fantastic series.

Memphis has no shot if he can't play on Saturday.

Yeah, I meant Saturday.

Also, is Mike Conley the second best pure PG in the league behind CP3? He's not the second best player starting at the PG position, but as far as traditional, pure PGs are concerned...I think he's up there.

Jeff Teague was playing great, but in the end really fucked his team over at the end.

"The report also claims that in the fallout of his lifetime ban, Sterling's been phoning friends, asking them to tell him he's not a racist."

lol.

Oh, and something about karma and shit.

I think they're fucked regardless with Randolph's suspension.

This Randolph suspension is nothing more or less than the NBA trying to make sure its darling Thunder win this series. Completely ridiculous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

This Randolph suspension is nothing more or less than the NBA trying to make sure its darling Thunder win this series. Completely ridiculous.

It's ok

Mr. Unreliable and Sir Shots Alot will find a new and more excruciating way to lose...and then there will be no excuse.

If Nene's pussy "headbutt" warranted a suspension, Zach's punch to Adams deserves a game.

Oh, and to those of you chastising Westbrook for his shots, where are the complaints about KD shooting like shit? KD was 8-21 (38%) heading into OT and has been right around there this entire series.

Like Phail has mentioned, KD's being doubled and mauled on or off the ball. Westbrook's taking too many bad 3's, but so is KD. KD went 0-8 from 3 in the Game 3 loss and is 12-48 from 3 in the series.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

That was the easiest suspension call this side of Ron Artest. I think you lose the rights to question any officials' judgement Bware.

Edited by blotsfan

I personally think it was more of a push, but that's probably because Stephen Adams is the definition of Immovable Object.

I saw a better replay now and agree with the suspension, based on current rules. However, Adam Silver is already ignoring one ridiculous rule in reference to Paul George (a rule that never should have existed). I sure hope that's a sign that he's going to make it harder to suspend players, because this is weakening the NBA's product.

Any word on if Conley can play, yet? I think the Grizz still has a chance to win without Randolph (he really is a bit overrated), but without Conley we're looking at a definite blowout.

If Nene's pussy "headbutt" warranted a suspension, Zach's punch to Adams deserves a game.

Oh, and to those of you chastising Westbrook for his shots, where are the complaints about KD shooting like shit? KD was 8-21 (38%) heading into OT and has been right around there this entire series.

Like Phail has mentioned, KD's being doubled and mauled on or off the ball. Westbrook's taking too many bad 3's, but so is KD. KD went 0-8 from 3 in the Game 3 loss and is 12-48 from 3 in the series.

I've been questioning Durant the whole series :shrug:

The dude has a tendency to look like he doesn't want it enough, imo.

• Downvote 1

I personally think it was more of a push, but that's probably because Stephen Adams is the definition of Immovable Object.

It was a push. He just pushed him in the face with his fist.

• Upvote 2

It was a push. He just pushed him in the face with his fist.

Either way, I don't think he intentionally tried to "punch" him. I think it was meant to be a push, but still. Why would you put your arms up, in that scenario?

Guest Phailadelphia

I saw a better replay now and agree with the suspension, based on current rules. However, Adam Silver is already ignoring one ridiculous rule in reference to Paul George (a rule that never should have existed). I sure hope that's a sign that he's going to make it harder to suspend players, because this is weakening the NBA's product.

Any word on if Conley can play, yet? I think the Grizz still has a chance to win without Randolph (he really is a bit overrated), but without Conley we're looking at a definite blowout.

I've been questioning Durant the whole series :shrug:

The dude has a tendency to look like he doesn't want it enough, imo.

Conley said after Game 6 that he's "definitely" be playing game 7...immediately after saying the pain he tried to play through in the fourth quarter was "excruciating." Grizz might be putting 4.5 on the court if he goes. That didn't look like a 2-day turn around type of injury.

Either way, I don't think he intentionally tried to "punch" him. I think it was meant to be a push, but still. Why would you put your arms up, in that scenario?

yeah, it was just a push, with a closed hand, in the face (yeah, I'm basically repeating blots, but maybe if enough people say it Bware will figure it out, also

:yeahthat:)

People need to stop picking Portland. Christ. Not a chance. It's not that the Rockets are that good; it's that the Blazers aren't that good.

:troll:

• Upvote 2

You know it's a great playoffs when that might still be the worst series in the west

All of my teams suck when it matters.