Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

TGP's Own Economy System?

I've been looking for something very similar to this for quite some time...

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2732-e34-ibeconomy-points-system/

I think it's a very interesting module with lots of potential. If you wouldn't mind and have the time to check it out -- please let me know your feedback and whether or not it's worth installing or even just testing out here on TGP.

Appreciate it,

Favre4Ever

EDIT: Also, feel free to browse that site and see if there is anything you wouldn't mind seeing added. Doesn't hurt to suggest it. :nope:

Edited by Favre4Ever

What exactly do you have in mind with this feature? I read about the capabilities of it, but I'm not quite sure about your ideas. Is there a specific feature that you saw and thought we might be able to use here? Which one(s)?

• Upvote 1

Same questions as Sarge.

Nothing really comes to mind. Perhaps the bookie system we used to have, could find a way to use it with Stevo's NFL Stock Market thing. Or is just something to have fun with like the shop items they have listed as examples suggest?

Edited by Barracuda

I guess the big question, because I like the idea, is what will you "buy" with your tgp bucks? Are the things at the bottom things you have to use to buy or are they just suggestions for things to buy? do you have to use all of them?

If it isn't broke don't fix it.

• Upvote 2

This just strikes me as a bad idea. There's nothing we really need to buy with TGP bucks. >_>

What exactly do you have in mind with this feature? I read about the capabilities of it, but I'm not quite sure about your ideas. Is there a specific feature that you saw and thought we might be able to use here? Which one(s)?

Same questions as Sarge.

Nothing really comes to mind. Perhaps the bookie system we used to have, could find a way to use it with Stevo's NFL Stock Market thing. Or is just something to have fun with like the shop items they have listed as examples suggest?

I guess the big question, because I like the idea, is what will you "buy" with your tgp bucks? Are the things at the bottom things you have to use to buy or are they just suggestions for things to buy? do you have to use all of them?

A variety of things I imagine. Would first and foremost, I believe give some incentive to post more in general. Get more people to create topics instead of the just Blue and Vin... Create a buzz around the site.

As for as what you could buy, they have plenty of options there as brief examples. But I was thinking about adding other sports themed mem. or what have you. Like I did with the bookie almost.. Ya know, signed pictures, cards, that kind of thing. Other than, would mostly be in-house "purchases (as outlined in the link)

Appreciate the comments though.

Except nothing is being fixed because it doesn't exist... lol. You can definitely be against the addition, but... It doesn't seem like you even looked at it. :p

Except nothing is being fixed because it doesn't exist... lol. You can definitely be against the addition, but... It doesn't seem like you even looked at it. :p

I read it but like the "stealing" things, the changing other peoples names, avatars and all that just sounds like a whole bunch of dumb, no offense. I mean I am not going to post for the hell of it and that is prohibited by terms of service anyway. That said why would you want to comment more for more TGP bucks just to have your original avatar and shit back ?

I think the way people post now is fine, I am not sure what the push for TGP is lately anyway but that is a different matter.

Not all of those things would be available or even included in ours. Everything is able to be edited and I don't think one, two, or even a handful of the examples they show there should be enough to stop us from adding it. But I value your opinion and appreciate you going more in depth after my initial response. Thanks Ngata.

This is a football board where I come to talk about football (along w/ other general discussion) not play with play money. I wouldn't use this mod in any way and don't feel like it would add anything of value to the website.

I've seen this used on other boards and people just abused the

• Ban self/others