Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault

Per Rotoworld.com:

Marshawn Lynch is being investigated for assault and property damage in Bellevue, Washington.
Police received an "allegation of an assault and personal property damage" from a woman at an apartment in Bellevue, where the incident is said to have occurred Sunday morning. "The Bellevue Police Department is in the process of gathering the facts of this alleged incident, including verifying whether or not Mr. Lynch was in fact involved," police said in a statement. "No arrests have been made. There is no further information available at this time." Aug 11 - 2:21 PM

*waits for BC to ride to Lynch's defence*

Edited by Arz

This is a real weird case.

The Bellevue PD put it out on Monday morning that there was an alleged assault they were investigating. Apparently, they had yet to talk to the alleged victim, who reported it after hours through an intercom system a day after the event.

Seahawks just released a statement saying:

While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus

Looks like BPD jumped the gun and felt it was worth putting out a press release. At the time of the release they didn't know what happened, nor if Lynch was even present. They are still investigating. But my guess is, it was a whole lot of nothing.

Did the Seahawks really release a statement that included the word 'bogus'?

• Upvote 1

Indeed. Which is very very atypical for them. They are usually very reserved and vague. The strong wording has definitely been noticed here locally.

It almost seems like it was an intentional rebuke to the BPD for even putting a press release out there with no context or even any idea of what took place. As I said, this case is really strange. Most notably that the police would even issue a public statement just to say they were going to start looking into the matter.

EDIT: Although it warms the heart that one of the more enduring contributions of Bill and Ted (esq) remains alive and well in our cultural lexicon.

Edited by Attyla the Hawk
  • Upvote 1

lol I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

Indeed. Which is very very atypical for them. They are usually very reserved and vague. The strong wording has definitely been noticed here locally.

It almost seems like it was an intentional rebuke to the BPD for even putting a press release out there with no context or even any idea of what took place. As I said, this case is really strange. Most notably that the police would even issue a public statement just to say they were going to start looking into the matter.

EDIT: Although it warms the heart that one of the more enduring contributions of Bill and Ted (esq) remains alive and well in our cultural lexicon.

Would you say it's excellent, even?

It'd be really disappointing to see another NFL player beating a woman. I hope it isn't true. Normally I'm not a fan of bull dyke feminists but I hope they bust the commish's balls on this because his stance on this kind of shit has been incredibly weak. I'd rather not have the dollars of us fans go into providing woman beaters a life of luxury.

It's been declared a 100% false report. It's been dismissed by the team, the league, and the PD.

Edited by BC

I would like to thank this story for dropping Beast mode into my lap in the 2nd round of my 12 team snake draft last night. So I picked 5th and wound up with Forte and Lynch. What a bunch of idiots! Hahahaha!

• Upvote 1