CampinWithaMissingPerson

Update: Docket signs 2 year deal with 49ers

I'm telling you guys, that front has the potential to be really bad.

I generally don't wish ill on anyone. Particularly when it threatens their livelihood.

Dockett is a complete douche on the field. You can count on at least 2-3 cheap shots in every Hawks/Cards contest. Not sure if he pulls the same kind of punk stuff against the niners or rams. Late hits, intentional twisting of knees, elbows rammed under the facemask and into the throat at the bottom of piles. He plays dirty after the whistle. The kind of dirty that can lead to impact injuries.

Karma is a bitch. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving jerk.

I generally don't wish ill on anyone. Particularly when it threatens their livelihood.

Dockett is a complete douche on the field. You can count on at least 2-3 cheap shots in every Hawks/Cards contest. Not sure if he pulls the same kind of punk stuff against the niners or rams. Late hits, intentional twisting of knees, elbows rammed under the facemask and into the throat at the bottom of piles. He plays dirty after the whistle. The kind of dirty that can lead to impact injuries.

Karma is a bitch. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving jerk.

I bet AJ McCarron is somewhere like this right now too:

tumblr_mfg0zxWpxi1rjdnouo1_500.gif

This team is critically close to full melt-down. I'm not sure that losing Dockett completes it, but man, tough blow. At least they still have a decent offense if they use everyone correctly.

This team is critically close to full melt-down. I'm not sure that losing Dockett completes it, but man, tough blow. At least they still have a decent offense if they use everyone correctly.

Except the news isn't all that good there either. Jonathan Cooper reportedly has not looked the same post-injury. And one whole phase of the offense is basically dependent on a smallish runner with a concussion history.

Look at this front 7 now:

Campbell -- Williams -- Rucker

Shaughnessy -- Minter -- Foote -- Abraham

That could get straight up brutal. I have no idea why the media has spent all offseason glossing over what's happened to their front 7.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official website imagines "something needs to be done" with LE Darnell Dockett's contract.
Dockett will turn 34 in May and is coming off a torn ACL that forced him to miss the entire 2014 season. He's scheduled to earn $6.8 million in salary and bonuses this season and count $9.8 million against the cap. With the Cardinals close to hammering out a new deal with Larry Fitzgerald, Dockett will be the next order of business. He might not be as lucky as Fitzgerald and get to stay in the desert. The Cardinals are over the cap and need to trim some excess fat. Feb 18 - 10:19 AM

Per Rotoworld.com:

Profootballtalk reports the Cardinals released DE Darnell Dockett because the sides couldn't agree on his market value.
The Cardinals attempted to extend Dockett after he refused to take a pay cut, but were unwilling to meet his asking price. Dockett will only return to Arizona if he can't get a better deal on the open market. The Cardinals are a projected $17 million under the 2015 salary cap. Feb 27 - 5:09 PM

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams are all interested in free agent DT Darnell Dockett.
Dockett, 34 in May, is leaning toward joining the 49ers or returning to Arizona, and is expected to decide Wednesday. The Cardinals offered Dockett $2.5 million plus another $1.5 million in incentives before cutting him last week, so that may be the top of his market. Arizona may also be the only team of the four where he'd start. Dockett would be a rotational lineman for the others. Mar 4 - 8:23 AM
Edited by BLUE

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476602/article/darnell-dockett-signs-with-the-san-francisco-49ers

Darnell Dockett is defecting to an NFC West rival.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus announced via Twitter that the former Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman joined the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the deal is for two years at $7.5 million with $4 million in Year 1 and $2 million guaranteed, per Rosenhaus.

Dockett is coming off an ACL tear that cost him the entire 2014 season. The 33-year-old has vowed to be a Comeback Player of the Year candidate.

The Cardinals cut the defensive tackle last weekafter sides couldn't agree on a pay reduction. A reunion in the desert was possible, but the Cards were reportedly offering a max deal of $4 million.

The 49ers were willing to make $2 million guaranteed. The structure makes it easier for Dockett to get his $4 million, which generated the move within the division.

Joining a 49ers pass rush that includes Justin Smith, Aldon Smith and intriguing young players like Aaron Lynch, Dockett should simultaneously be afforded the ability to pace his return from injury while also providing another rotational rusher with upside for an already stout defensive front seven

I don't see this being a bad move. Not a bad stop gap but the 49ers are going to have to get young soon with father time ticking on Justin Smith (he's so awesome) and Dockett.

Edited by Dutch

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476602/article/darnell-dockett-signs-with-the-san-francisco-49ers

I don't see this being a bad move. Not a bad stop gap but the 49ers are going to have to get young soon with father time ticking on Justin Smith (he's so awesome) and Dockett.

Pretty sure Justin retired this offseason.

Pretty sure Justin retired this offseason.

He did, but there have been recent reports that he may change his mind and play another season.

He did, but there have been recent reports that he may change his mind and play another season.

If his heart is still in the game he HAS to play. Not sure about this Docket signing.

If his heart is still in the game he HAS to play. Not sure about this Docket signing.

I hope he does play. I'm sure Aldon does too! :laugh:

• Upvote 1