• Jeremy Maclin
    • Eli Manning
  7. 7. Coach of the Quarter

• Jim Caldwell
    • Marvin Lewis
    • Bruce Arians
    • Mike McCoy
    • Chip Kelly

Yeah, it's kind of early for this type of thing but which players do you believe would be worthy of the award if the season ended today? If a player you like isn't on here, feel free to voice your opinion.

Edited by Dutch

MVP: Andrew Luck

OPOY: Antonio Brown

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROY: Kelvin Benjiman

DROY: Kyle Fuller

CPOY: Julio Jones

COTY: Bruce Arians

MVP: DeMarco Murray. He might have a great offensive line, but what he does after the LOS is just as impressive.

OPoY: Has to be Antonio Brown. No question.

DPoY: Has to be JJ Watt. No question.

ORoY: I went with Benjamin, but feel that's more potential based than anything. It's hard to overlook John Brown, who's made big plays for the Cardinals

DPoY: Kyle Fuller has had good moments, but Anthony Barr has been a stud, and easily Minnesota's best Linebacker.

CPoY: This has to be Jeremy Maclin, in my opinion. It looked like his career might be over, and his importance to the Eagles so far cannot be overstated.

CotY: Can we just give it to Arians, now?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Depends on how Brown plays this week and he should have a big game so he will end up ahead of Nelson but right now Nelson is right up there with Brown as a leading candidate for OPoY.

Went with:

MVP: Phillip Rivers, has been leading the Chargers and they look like Super Bowl contenders

OPoY: Antonio Brown

DPoY: J.J. Watt, easy choice

ORoY: Kelvin Benjamin, has stepped up and proved a lot of doubters wrong and is pivotal to the Panthers with no other WRs around him.

DRoY: The hardest choice as none of really impressed that much. Fuller was looking good but was abused by Rodgers and co. That hurts him but it was against one of the best QBs so he gets some cushion. Barr was my consideration and think he could have made a case if he made any impact against the Packers on TNF.

CPoY: Julio Jones will easily run away with this reward

CotY: With the Cards 3-0 with a backup QB in 2 of those games, Arians has a firm grasp on this and the likelihood of winning it increase substantially if they can knock off the Broncos.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

MVP: Phillip Rivers :Chargers: - He's just playing out of his mind right now. He's been incredibly efficient and some of the passes he's thrown have been perfectly placed; basically indefensible. Watching him pick apart the Seahawks defense was a huge statement.

OPOTY: Antonio Brown :Steelers: - I really struggled and wanted to put Luck here seeing as though he's playing at an exceptionally high level and simply a TD machine right now and leading the league in passing yards. However, Antonio Brown is playing amazing as well and hasn't logged a game with less then 90 yards. He has showed up in every single game so far and is proving he belongs in the top echelon of wide receivers.

DPOTY: J.J Watt :Texans: - I really shouldn't have to explain this should I?

OROTY: Kelvin Benjamin :panthers: - Just about everyone here called him a bust as well as majority of the media crew (I was one of them but retracted it before the beginning of the season :D). Kelvin has proved the doubters wrong and is taking on the role of #1 receiver with great success. He's made some outstanding circus catches as well.

DROTY: Kyle Fuller :Bears: - I probably should go with C.J Mosley with how consistently sound he has been playing, but I really like Kyle Fuller. He's someone I wanted the Eagles to draft (under Darqueze) so my pick is probably slightly biased.

CBPOTY: Jeremy Maclin :Eagles: - Maclin is having a career year so far. He's top 5 in receiving yards and has the highest average of any receiver over 20 receptions. He's definitely stepped up this year and is truly flourishing in Chip Kelly's system filling in the void of Desean Jackson. He's also made some amazing clutch catches when we needed him to. There were so many good candidates for this award but had to ride with J Mac.

COTY: Bruce Arians :Cardinals: - I've been talking about Arians since last year and I still think he's a great fit in Arizona. I love what he's doing with that team. People were counting them out due to all of their injuries but they've overcome them so far and are currently undefended. Not to mention they are winning with a back up QB. I love the energy and culture Arian's brings to that organization. Jim Caldwell was a close #2 for me because of how he has that Lions team playing right now. They look like a completely different team and more disciplined. That defense is playing pretty good too. This might be the year where the Lions are more than just a potential threat in the NFC North this season.

Edited by Dutch

MVP: J.J. Watt

Easy choice, the Texans are 1-3 at best without his impact.

OPOTY: Tyron Smith. Oh wait, offensive linemen don't win awards. Give it to Phil Rivers I guess.

DPOTY: Same as MVP.

OROTY: Kelvin Benjamin is having one heck of a season.

DROTY: So is Kyle Fuller.

CPOTY: Unstoppable. Eli Manning is. And so is his Ben McAdoo offense.

COTY: No coach is safe. Everything is permitted.

MVP: J.J. Watt......Somewhat because I believe the amount of attention defensive players get (or lack thereof) for MVP is horrible, but mostly because Watt is legit the most impactful player I've seen in the NFL outside of a QB. If you know football you know Watt is more than sacks, deflections, or TFLs. He changes schemes and single-handedly makes his secondary look good. Fitzpatrick is trying his hardest to sink the Texans yet they are 3-1 and I'm sorry but he his a huge reason.

OPY: Jordy Nelson......But really this should be Aaron Rodgers. Jordy is good and all don't get me wrong, but Aaron can throw it to anyone and that is part of the reason Nelson will never be double or tripled covered all game. Rodgers is still the best QB smoking right now.

DPY: J.J. Watt.......see above

ORY: Kelvin Benjamin.....he is the most consistent touchdown threat out of all rookies.

DRY: Anthony Barr.......alot of people are going Fuller and maybe because I watch all his snaps I'm more critical, but Barr did what I didn't think he could and that is morph his game into a traditional LB. He is still a threat off the edge and is making tackles and can cover a little better than expected.

Comeback: Steve Smith.......eat your heart out Carolina.

COY: Mike McCoy.......they haven't missed a beat from there hot streak last year. I thought Phillip Rivers was just on a declining spiral that couldn't be helped until he was cut, but he was saved by this new coaching staff. Rivers is at his peak form and making defenses pay (even the defending champs). The Chargers could have easily fell into rebuilding mode and suffer years of no playoffs, but I'm impressed at the energy and fight McCoy has this team playing with.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I don't understand the votes for Kyle Fuller. It's not like he's been much more than a few splash plays.

MVP: Phillip Rivers: Pretty easy choice for me. A-Rod is second.

OPOY: Aaron Rodgers: I hate this guy... But his efficiency over the last 4 games (granted he didn't look impressive in two of these 4 games) has been ridiculous. Which is saying a lot because his efficiency is already out of this world.

DPOY: JJ Watt: Probably the easiest.

OROY: Kelvin Benjiman: Haven't been as impressed with him as some others have, but there's no denying he's been the best rookie on offense thus far through the season.

DROY: Khalil Mack: He's on his own in this conversation. Everyone else is fighting for second place right now.

CPOY: Julio Jones: This one was also pretty easy.

COTY: Bruce Arians

I think Mosley's impact has been understated. He's looked like a big time player right out of the gate. Super consistent, very well rounded.

• Upvote 1

I think Mosley's impact has been understated. He's looked like a big time player right out of the gate. Super consistent, very well rounded.

We voted the same on every single category... Apocalypse now? lol

I should have known that so many would dismiss Luck. Yes, he makes mistakes. No, he's not perfect. Yeah, he's beasting like the monster QB that he is. The kid has the memory of a goldfish when it comes to his bad decisions, he fears nothing, he plays like a child and 10 year vet simultaneously, and right now he's probably going to beat you, no matter who you are.

• Upvote 1

We voted the same on every single category... Apocalypse now? lol

I should have known that so many would dismiss Luck. Yes, he makes mistakes. No, he's not perfect. Yeah, he's beasting like the monster QB that he is. The kid has the memory of a goldfish when it comes to his bad decisions, he fears nothing, he plays like a child and 10 year vet simultaneously, and right now he's probably going to beat you, no matter who you are.

Fer serious?

You voted for Felipi Rios? Watt would have given you such a plausible alternative! I'm touched... *hugs*

But seriously, Mosley is a stud and has been really consistent. As well as progressively better each week.

I really want to change my vote back to Luck. It was somewhat of a close call and called myself trying not to be bias. Luck is definitely playing like a top 4 QB in the league.

I really want to change my vote back to Luck. It was somewhat of a close call and called myself trying not to be bias. Luck is definitely playing like a top 4 QB in the league.

Yeah, man. Luck is a straight baller. The kid gets better and better all the time. He's gonna be a great in this league provided he can stay healthy. He's definitely proving to be a as good as advertised. Sometimes hype isn't just hype. Sometimes there's a kid who is so good that even Ray Charles could've seen that shit. Sometimes—and it pains me to say this one—Mel Kiper is right. Andrew Luck is the real deal, and soon enough even his doubters will take notice.

For the record, Watt was my pick for MVP, so I did vote different on one of the Kemp. What he's doing on the defensive side of the ball is nothing short of flat out amazing. The dude can flat out fly, he's a freaking house with legs, he's got hands like umbrellas, and he's even playing a little TE now. The guy needs to get laid, for the sake of the other 31 teams. Seriously.

On the offensive side of the ball though, you can't tell me that there's any one player more important to the success of their football team than Andrew Luck. With the stats to back it up and the uncanny ability to pull wins out of his hat, he's getting my vote for OPY.

Yeah, man. Luck is a straight baller. The kid gets better and better all the time. He's gonna be a great in this league provided he can stay healthy. He's definitely proving to be a as good as advertised. Sometimes hype isn't just hype. Sometimes there's a kid who is so good that even Ray Charles could've seen that shit. Sometimes—and it pains me to say this one—Mel Kiper is right. Andrew Luck is the real deal, and soon enough even his doubters will take notice.

For the record, Watt was my pick for MVP, so I did vote different on one of the Kemp. What he's doing on the defensive side of the ball is nothing short of flat out amazing. The dude can flat out fly, he's a freaking house with legs, he's got hands like umbrellas, and he's even playing a little TE now. The guy needs to get laid, for the sake of the other 31 teams. Seriously.

On the offensive side of the ball though, you can't tell me that there's any one player more important to the success of their football team than Andrew Luck. With the stats to back it up and the uncanny ability to pull wins out of his hat, he's getting my vote for OPY.

I can tell you that Rivers is just as important, if not more important, to what the Chargers are doing. Our offensive line has not been good. He's throwing guys open in amazing fashion, and making it look easy. Dropping dimes for touchdowns with defensive tackles hanging off of him. I won't try to argue anyone out of Luck, but I will argue that there's no discernible gap between him and Rivers.

I also understand votes for Watt. If he got it, it would be deserved. But I would frankly be pissed if the voters waited until Rivers was playing out of his mind to decide it's ok to give it to defensive players.

Offensive player of the year: :Bears: Matt Forte

• Upvote 1