BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

WOO HOO

Kimmo Timonen traded to the Blackhawks for two draft picks. Good trade for both teams, I think. (Notice how Hextall is running the Kings' model of acquiring 2nd/3rd round picks?) I love Kimmo and this makes it easier to root for Chicago in the playoffs. Sorry, guys.

Pens gave up a lot to get Winnick from the Leafs, but I guess I'm fine with it. He'll do well with these play makers. He's a tough kind of player, which we really need sometimes. Leafs are still paying 1/2 his salary.

Kimmo Timonen traded to the Blackhawks for two draft picks. Good trade for both teams, I think. (Notice how Hextall is running the Kings' model of acquiring 2nd/3rd round picks?) I love Kimmo and this makes it easier to root for Chicago in the playoffs. Sorry, guys.

No need to explain. I would do the same.

WOO HOO

Man I had such a blast Friday night. Those first two periods were boring and very frustrating, but the third period, overtime, and the shootout made for an unforgettable night. I told my buddy that if the Avs were able to take it to the shootout, there was no way Varly was going to let one through. Boy am I glad I was right!

Both visits I've made to Dallas to watch the Avs the Stars fans were very classy with us. Definitely makes the experience that much better. But of course the Avs would blow it last night to the Wild... That game was extremely important for the Avs if they wanted to sniff the playoffs.

Edited by FartWaffles

Welp. Trade Hejda and Briere. Get what ya can.

Welp. Trade Hejda and Briere. Get what ya can.

I'm cool with that, but who would actually want to trade for those guys? Reports sound like the Avs are going to try their hardest to keep O'Reilly in Colorado. That's at least a little bit encouraging...

I'm cool with that, but who would actually want to trade for those guys? Reports sound like the Avs are going to try their hardest to keep O'Reilly in Colorado. That's at least a little bit encouraging...

Hejda might be able to fetch a 2nd but a 3rd is more realistic. Defensemen are always highly sought out. Advanced stats say Hejda has actually been solid.

Hejda might be able to fetch a 2nd but a 3rd is more realistic. Defensemen are always highly sought out. Advanced stats say Hejda has actually been solid.

If a team is dumb enough to offer a 2nd for Hejda, I'd be a very happy boy. With how atrocious the Avs' defense is, even a decent defenseman should be able to stand out on this team. Hejda for the most part is nonexistent out there on the ice.

Crazy stat: the Caps have four defensemen who have not missed a game this season (Carlson, Alzner, Niskanen, and Orpik if anyone's wondering) if they finish the season that way (with 19 games remaining) they'll be the first group of four defensemen to play 82 games in the same season for the same team

If a team is dumb enough to offer a 2nd for Hejda, I'd be a very happy boy. With how atrocious the Avs' defense is, even a decent defenseman should be able to stand out on this team. Hejda for the most part is nonexistent out there on the ice.

Big part of the Penalty Kill.

Also remember Johnson has been hurt for like 43456778 weeks and Barrie may be a liability defensively but what a offensive arsenal.

Edited by Bay

so 4-0 in back to back nights...... :chair:

The Rangers were probably the winners of the trade deadline. Getting Yandle in his prime and Summers who is decent for a couple of early picks and Duclaire imo was a great trade.

Yandle has long been one of the best defensmen in the league and deserves to be on a team like the Rangers, he also provides so much extra leadership and will be the main guy from the blueline on the Powerplay. The Rangers really have done a lot of nice moves, more so as the Coyotes are retaining half of Yandle's Salary.

Surprised they got Duclaire out of the Rangers though, highly touted prospect.

Watch out for the Coyotes in a few years! =o

Watch out for the Coyotes in a few years! =o

Yea they made a lot of good choices for down the line, Duclaire is easily going to be a 1st line winger soon.

As much as I hate to say this but Montreal pretty much won the deadline so far. Petry for a 2015 2nd and a 5th rd? loloilers

Neuvirth almost looked decent. Can't have that.

• Upvote 2

As much as I hate to say this but Montreal pretty much won the deadline so far. Petry for a 2015 2nd and a 5th rd? loloilers

Was he worth a 1st in your mind?

No but I thought Oilers would get more compensation for him than two draft picks maybe a player or two. There was talk before it happened that Emelin was going to be part of a deal.

Can not believe the Penguins trade Simon Depres for Ben fucking Lovejoy.

• Upvote 1

Zidlicky to the Wings. You're getting a good player, Detroit.

Time to tank, Jersey!

Good fucking riddance, Coburn. Great trade by the Flyers to get some nice draft compensation.

Can not believe the Penguins trade Simon Depres for Ben fucking Lovejoy.

That deal just wreaks of... tampering... or tomfoolery, or something. Makes absolutely no sense. Different regime here now than the one that sent Lovejoy packing the first time, but idk how you even look at those two players and see them as equals. Despres was one of the finer up and coming d-men in the league. Pretty mad.

Don't mind Cole for Bortuzzo. Bortz is just a thug and he's been mistake prone.

• Upvote 1

Hejda and Briere still Avalanche. :welp: