BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

Haha!

What are you guys predictions for next round? I have Blackhawks over Ducks in 7 and Lightning over Rangers in 6. Just have a feeling its Tampa's year, and making the SCF 2 years in a row is really tough, just seems like the odds are against the NYR. They only got 2 days of rest coming off that brutal series, they must be really worn down.

Blackhawks vs Ducks is gonna be appointment viewing. :popcorn:

Ducks > Blackhawks

Rangers > Lightning

Ducks > Rangers

Only way I can win our bracket league. :laugh:

Ducks in 6

Rangers in 7

Game day, hope that the Rangers can start the series out strong

Rangers in 6, Blackhawks in 5.

So all 13 play off games the Rangers have had, have all been one goal games. Love the fact were never out if it but damn put a few more on the board please.

So all 13 play off games the Rangers have had, have all been one goal games. Love the fact were never out if it but damn put a few more on the board please.

c6ba2e3fdaf21790b23ae8064daee92d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great game by the Ducks. Hawks better figure out their defense. All those dumb motherfuckers who were happy Rosival was injured look real smart now.

Great game by the Ducks. Hawks better figure out their defense. All those dumb motherfuckers who were happy Rosival was injured look real smart now.

Hawks definitely need a split here. They go down 2-0, it's over, given Anaheim's insane home record.

Flyers hire UND coach Dave Hakstol as new head coach.

I like the outside-the-box hire, an approach the Flyers have needed for far too long. The fact that Hakstol has zero experience as part of the Flyers organization means it's a good hire.

Hakstol is a coach who has succeeded consistently with top tier talent at the college level. He had multiple teams go to the Frozen Four as clearly the best team, including this year, only to have his players not show up and get beaten by inferior opponents. I don't expect this to be an issue at the pro level.

Game 2 tonight and I'm excited, Henrik and the defense can continue the good play and guys like Nash, St Louis and Kreider can get a little shizzle going.

Todd McLellan will be named the new head coach of the Edmonton Oilers, according to Sportsnet.

Something official is expected to come from the organization this week and an announcement could come as early as Tuesday. He has spent the past seven seasons as the head coach of the San Jose Sharks and he was just behind the bench for Canada's gold medal victory at the World Hockey Championships where he got to coach Oilers forwards Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle.
Source: Sportsnet.ca

McLellan is a good coach, but he might have a bad case of Phillips-Schottenheimer syndrome. Maybe the gold medal win exorcized his playoff demons. :shrug:

Edmonton can now attract free agent defensemen. After getting McLellan and McDavid later they are a destination of interest.

Tampa shows why they are dangerous.

Pure wank, that is how I'd sum the Rangers up last night.

I pray that we show up today as I personally do not fancy having to see the Rangers go behind in the series again.

FUCK SAKE

All hail Tyler Jawnson.

• Upvote 1

FUCK SAKE

Rangers have given up 12 goals in two games. Like... what?

Lundqvist made some great saves last night, but the GWG and a couple others were saves I normally expect him to make. If he isn't 100% on the top of his game, I don't think the Rangers will beat Tampa.