BwareDWare94

Questions and Answers

And Bortles has a good line? The line that gave up 10 sacks in a single game.

I wasn't talking about the pieces around him. I was talking about the collection of skills he has.

And Mentch, you're right under certain circumstances. If McClain or Romo goes down, so does Dallas. If they don't, they're fine.

Only other scenario in which Dallas goes to shit is if Murray gets injured and the coaching staff refuses to let Randle and Dunbar go ham, which they would. Both are very good backs.

New Question:

Should the Buccaneers assume Mike Glennon is their quarterback and start building up other areas?

Edited by BwareDWare94

I wasn't talking about the pieces around him. I was talking about the collection of skills he has.

And Mentch, you're right under certain circumstances. If McClain or Romo goes down, so does Dallas. If they don't, they're fine.

Only other scenario in which Dallas goes to shit is if Murray gets injured and the coaching staff refuses to let Randle and Dunbar go ham, which they would. Both are very good backs.

New Question:

Should the Buccaneers assume Mike Glennon is their quarterback and start building up other areas?

I think that they should be open to an upgrade if they find themselves in position to draft a guy that they love. Conversely, if they don't love any of the QB's in the draft then I think they'd be way smarter to start rebuilding that supporting cast and keep Glennon in there. He has shown enough to keep unless there's a clear blue chip alternative. And you have to wonder what he can do with another year of experience and something other than a dumpster fire blocking for him in the middle.

Who has been the biggest FA bust of the 2014 season so far? (Bware, if you take this one, please list someone other than or in addition to Munnerlyn).

• Upvote 1

I can say with no doubt at all, Josh McCown. Worst signing by a mile.

Biggest free agent boom?

Steve Smith I think. Where are the Ravens without him?

Are the past two games an anomaly for Cincy's defense, or have they fallen apart entirely?

Steve Smith I think. Where are the Ravens without him?

Are the past two games an anomaly for Cincy's defense, or have they fallen apart entirely?

Anomaly, but it's going to become a 3 game anomaly, this weekend. Nevertheless, good defenses have bad stretches. When a no-name DC takes over for a guy who will be a legend, there are going to be bad streches.

Who are your rookie of the year picks, so far?

Offense: Kelvin Benjamin has to be the pick right? He's flat out balling each and every week. Branden Oliver is making a case though, and there are some stalwarts on the offensive line who won't win it, but Zack Martin and Corey Linsley deserve some notice.

Defense: I thought it was going to be Kyle Fuller for sure, but Khalil Mack is a real playmaker week in and week out, and his upside is brutal. Still hasn't got a sack yet, but he's putting up significant pressure, and the sacks will come. It's either Mack or Mosley right now. I will not hype Ravens players though.

Is Rolando McClain for real, or is this a sick joke?

Anomaly, but it's going to become a 3 game anomaly, this weekend. Nevertheless, good defenses have bad stretches. When a no-name DC takes over for a guy who will be a legend, there are going to be bad streches.

Who are your rookie of the year picks, so far?

I'll talk more football than numbers here...

Allen Hurns/Allen Robinson: Hurns was a clear favorite target until being slowed down by an injury early on and giving Robinson time to come in and make himself a legit target. With Shorts being hurt again I see these two getting plenty of chances to get in the endzone.

Branden Oliver: Performance is one thing. And he has it being used very much as a two-way weapon like Sproles of old. But with a injured Ryan Matthews and now a injured Donald Brown he has all the opportunity to take this job.

BUT my surpise pick I think for rookie of the year....

Devante Adams: Talent doesn't hide forever. Packers didn't give him much chance in the pre-season but he has slowly shown A-Rod he is a legit option outside of Nelson and Cobb. I think his numbers only go up in that 3rd option position and as A-Rod starts to trust him. He has killer YAC ability and is in that rotation for the rest of the year.

Question: With Patrick Peterson not looking very good so far this season. And Richard Sherman being a little "exposed" the past few games. Who comes out of this season as the "Best Corner In The Game"

Offense: Kelvin Benjamin has to be the pick right? He's flat out balling each and every week. Branden Oliver is making a case though, and there are some stalwarts on the offensive line who won't win it, but Zack Martin and Corey Linsley deserve some notice.

Defense: I thought it was going to be Kyle Fuller for sure, but Khalil Mack is a real playmaker week in and week out, and his upside is brutal. Still hasn't got a sack yet, but he's putting up significant pressure, and the sacks will come. It's either Mack or Mosley right now. I will not hype Ravens players though.

Is Rolando McClain for real, or is this a sick joke?

Razor you answered the last question as I was finishing my reply :megusta:

McClain was an elite prospect coming out of Alabama. Won a Butkus. 250LBs and ran a 4.6 40 yard dash. I mean he is a legit athlete and played legit ball in college. Most people don't realize how many things happen behind closed doors that could lead a player to be a bust, and a majority of the time it isn't lack of talent. I believe McClain was very honest in saying his off-the-field life was messed up and he lost his love of the game because of it. After cleaning things up and correcting some wrongs in his personal life I do believe his passion is back and if he WANTS to play then he is more than capable of being a very good player.

Question: Will Lovie Smith be the Bucs' HC next year?

Lovie Smith will absolutely be the Bucs head coach next year, but they might force him to get a competent Defensive Coordinator, since Leslie Frazier doesn't fit those requirements.

Is Terrance Williams the real deal or does Dez Bryant simply gather that much attention from opposing defenses?

Lovie Smith will absolutely be the Bucs head coach next year, but they might force him to get a competent Defensive Coordinator, since Leslie Frazier doesn't fit those requirements.

Is Terrance Williams the real deal or does Dez Bryant simply gather that much attention from opposing defenses?

Terrance Williams IMO is the real deal. One thing I've talked about over the off-season was not only the incoming class of receivers but the class of receivers from the last draft. Terrance was a legit height-speed prospect with inconsistent hands, but very good route running for his size. I like him better than Cordarrelle Patterson mainly because of his ability to actually run routes. You can argue he was RG3's favorite target at Baylor despite having Josh Gordon and Kendall Wright. Dez taking coverage gives him easy opportunities, but even in contested throws he will make plays. If anything Williams hasn't had the chance to show his ability to go up and get it yet.

Question: With Patrick Peterson not looking very good so far this season. And Richard Sherman being a little "exposed" the past few games. Who comes out of this season as the "Best Corner In The Game"

Terrance Williams IMO is the real deal. One thing I've talked about over the off-season was not only the incoming class of receivers but the class of receivers from the last draft. Terrance was a legit height-speed prospect with inconsistent hands, but very good route running for his size. I like him better than Cordarrelle Patterson mainly because of his ability to actually run routes. You can argue he was RG3's favorite target at Baylor despite having Josh Gordon and Kendall Wright. Dez taking coverage gives him easy opportunities, but even in contested throws he will make plays. If anything Williams hasn't had the chance to show his ability to go up and get it yet.

The corner who never gave up the title: Darrelle Revis.

Question: Based solely on this year's performance, who are your top-5 QBs?

• Upvote 2

Well as you know, I keep track of these things... so here's mine.

1. Philip Rivers.

2. Peyton Manning

3. Andrew Luck

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Russell Wilson

Though the season is still young, and there are a lot of games to play. Also Andy Dalton hasn't had a bad game yet... but I'm sure he will so that's why he's not on this list currently.

Who throws more INT's this year? Brian Hoyer or Tom Brady?

Well as you know, I keep track of these things... so here's mine.

1. Philip Rivers.

2. Peyton Manning

3. Andrew Luck

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Russell Wilson

Though the season is still young, and there are a lot of games to play. Also Andy Dalton hasn't had a bad game yet... but I'm sure he will so that's why he's not on this list currently.

Who throws more INT's this year? Brian Hoyer or Tom Brady?

Great question. Brady naturally will take care of the ball because of his experience and Hoyer is in a position where he has a solid running game and better offensive line than the Patriots. I'm going with Brady for those same reasons....Patriots o-line rotate every game, their main running back is done for the season, and Brady has almost 100 more attempts than Hoyer does.

Question: Which is more possible DeMarco Murray reaching 420 carries or Matt Forte reaching 110 receptions?

Forte reaching 110 receptions. Forte averaging like 7 a game puts him over the top. Completely in the realm of possibility. Meanwhile Murray has to average like 26 carries a game which is a bit on the stretch side given the wear and tear of the season & the passing ability Romo has.

Do the Jets deserve to be 1-6?

Forte reaching 110 receptions. Forte averaging like 7 a game puts him over the top. Completely in the realm of possibility. Meanwhile Murray has to average like 26 carries a game which is a bit on the stretch side given the wear and tear of the season & the passing ability Romo has.

Do the Jets deserve to be 1-6?

Yes. If they'd gotten boned on some late calls or something, it'd be a different discussion, but they've lost every one of those six games fair and square. They have red zone issues like some men have friend zone issues. If it's not one thing, it's another. The Jets are a well coached team that is actually outperforming their skill level on a pretty regular basis (save for that Chargers game) and should probably be 0-7.

Is Cordarrelle Patterson pretty much a sure bust as a WR?

Yes, yes Cordarrelle Patterson is a bust.

Dez or Demaryius?

LolBware. Cordarrelle is just an accessory. He is a #2, not a bust.

Are the Rams talented enough to go 8-8 even with Bradford out?

Edited by Chernobyl426

LolBware. Cordarrelle is just an accessory. He is a #2, not a bust.

Are the Rams talented enough to go 8-8 even with Bradford out?

Maybe, Bradford being out wouldn't be the reason. Austin Davis can do anything he can. Defense needs to step up some more.

Do you buy the Dolphins defense, but maybe not sold on their offense consistently?

Demaryius @ Bware (slightly)

Edited by Bay

Maybe, Bradford being out wouldn't be the reason. Austin Davis can do anything he can. Defense needs to step up some more.

Do you buy the Dolphins defense, but maybe not sold on their offense consistently?

Demaryius @ Bware (slightly)

I absolutely buy this Dolphins defense. It's all in that secondary. Grimes? Delmas? Sign me up for that wagon!

How many years ago should the Falcons have fired Mike Smith? I say after they got stomped as a 1 seed by Green Bay, but what about you?

Not yet. Smith is the winningest coach in Falcons history, it's only fair to give him some time to turn it around. If this season ends with no hope, you can pull the plug on his life support, but until then, live and let die.

What's more important, a centre, or a blindside tackle?

I could talk forever about the O-LINE....but short answer is center.

-People take perfect snaps for granted because you see them a majority of the game. However the play doesn't start if the center and QB aren't on the same page.

-Quickest way to pressure a QB is up the middle....have a center that can't hold his own and you won't have to worry about any edge rushers because your QB will be sacked by that time.

-With the quick rhythm passing and tempo offenses the center could be the one calling the protections and adjustments for the line. Not everyone does this, but it is a skill that a center has to add to their tool belt if you want move faster.

QUESTION: Who has better long-term potential? Kendall Wright or Justin Hunter?

QUESTION: Who has better long-term potential? Kendall Wright or Justin Hunter?

Eww... Not really a fan of either, but I believe Hunter has the better long-term potential. Wright is the better player right now. Hunter has rare physical God-given athleticism that you can't coach.

QUESTION: Is it finally time for the Texans to bench Fitzpatrick and see what they may have in Mallett?

No. Fitzpatrick gives their team the best chance to win right now, and at 3-4 they are still contenders.

Want to throw in my 2¢ on Hunter v. Wright. I think Hunter has more upside but Wright will be a dominant force in the league for years to come. Wright will end up as a top 10 guy within the next few years. Just give him a good QB, Tennessee!

Are the Lions a legitimate threat to beat the Packers this year for NFC North title?

Yes. They have a better defense. They're finally disciplined. Anything's in the cards for this Lions team.

We knew he was a great quarterback, but are the rest of general fans finally seeing what Tony Romo is truly capable of with a decent defense and good OL?

That O-line is the key to success in Dallas, not Romo. The team is all-around stacked offensively. Tony Romo was never "great". If he was "great" he'd already have rings. He is good; and with a team finally around him, he looks better. Cowboys still have no defense though. That offense is just so good that it masks the defense. Murray kills clock and gives the defense fewer opportunities to die.

Are the Ravens going to run away with the AFC North?

Edited by Chernobyl426