Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Santorum: Bush & Obama Have "Given All Muslims A Pass"

“By not correctly identifying these Islamists for who they are, they’ve given all Muslims a pass for identifying a cancer within their own body,” he said. “We don’t help them treat that illness when we refuse to identify that their body is sick.”

I’m not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but we have an obligation to face the truth about who the enemy is and what they want to accomplish,” Santorum said.

ABC

Oh really, Rick? Because that's exactly what it sounds like you are saying. One of the most disgusting human beings I can think of....

Oh my sweet baby Jesus...

1474.gif

I think he's more saying that they have a false religion- ie a sickness.

Santorum is a religious nutcase above almost every other form of nutcase.

• Upvote 1

Was this guy neutered before he could reproduce?

I think he's more saying that they have a false religion- ie a sickness.

Santorum is a religious nutcase above almost every other form of nutcase.

It's sad that the man is given the credibility by the media to speak in the same forum as people who aren't nuts and who actually know what they're talking about. He's just wrong about literally everything and yet they have people like him debate scientists and we act like what he says has validity. It's just damaging to our country.

• Upvote 2

I didn't people like this were allowed to have credibility. There was a guy like this at my college and he was the resident joke... to everyone but himself. <_>_> I am so confused.

Guest Phailadelphia

I didn't people like this were allowed to have credibility. There was a guy like this at my college and he was the resident joke... to everyone but himself. <_< >_> I am so confused.

He's just a new age Ron Paul. Crazy people given credible forums to say crazy things. It's unfortunate, but like Paul he will probably pass into the night and a couple of years from now will only be remembered for saying crazy shit.

Although it's worth noting (and I know this because I see it first hand) that the deep south loves candidates like Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee. If it was up to these people we'd be living in a theocracy. Southerners are defined by their Christian faith.

Guest Phailadelphia

Sorry if I offended you but IMO they're just different shades of crazy. Ron Paul wouldn't be any less of a disaster as POTUS than Rick Santorum. :shrug:

Edited by Phailadelphia

Sorry if I offended you but IMO they're just different shades of crazy. Ron Paul wouldn't be any less of a disaster as POTUS than Rick Santorum. :shrug:

The difference is that Paul introduced a new wave of ideas, while Santorum is just touting the same, outdated, religious BS.

Guest Phailadelphia

I guess we disagree fundamentally on the impact of Paul's ideas. You call them refreshing. I call them looney tunes. I'm not sure we can get past that. :laugh:

He's just a new age Ron Paul. Crazy people given credible forums to say crazy things. It's unfortunate, but like Paul he will probably pass into the night and a couple of years from now will only be remembered for saying crazy shit.

Although it's worth noting (and I know this because I see it first hand) that the deep south loves candidates like Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee. If it was up to these people we'd be living in a theocracy. Southerners are defined by their Christian faith.

Thats one fucking hell of a generalization there, wow.

No, we are not all defined by our Christian faith.

Guest Phailadelphia

Thats one fucking hell of a generalization there, wow.

No, we are not all defined by our Christian faith.

Most deep southerners are. You may not be one of them (neither am I), but I grew up in it. I know it's true on a large scale.

New Yorkers and Californians are defined by their reliance on big government to solve their problems.

Look I can do it too.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

All americans are ignorant buttmunches.

I win!

All New Yorkers and Californians are defined by their reliance on big government to solve their problems.

Look I can do it too.

He said "southerners" in a general sense, meaning the majority. You added "all" and picked a fight.

• Upvote 1

Fine, remove all. It's still a stereotype that is simply not true.

The VOCAL part of Southerners- sure. The majority of us? No.

As for me not being from the deep South, my family is all from Gadsden, Alabama.

• Upvote 1

Fine, remove all. It's still a stereotype that is simply not true.

The VOCAL part of Southerners- sure. The majority of us? No.

As for me not being from the deep South, my family is all from Gadsden, Alabama.

I've been to West Virginia, Virginia and the Carolina's. I haven't traveled that much. I'll say that in all those states people are a lot more religious than the parts of PA and NJ I've been to. Maryland is kind of half and half in my experience, but Thana does have a point. Religious fundamentalists are very organized and they vote, so their voices are heard and they're catered to by the GOP. Not sure how fair it is to make generalizations about the South like that. Phail is from the South too, so idk. Like I said, I haven't been around too much of the country.

What Phail said about Ron Paul though, I don't agree with. Banks have way too much power in this country. The banks that ruined our economy and profited off the backs of tax payers have a lot of influence in on the Fed and I personally don't trust banks at all and for good reason. The Fed and the corporate banks basically bullied us into cleaning up their mess and have reaped 100% of the benefits of the recovery. If you honestly don't believe that needs to change you're a fool. Maybe going back to the gold standard isn't the answer and maybe putting the responsibilities of The Fed into the hands of our inept government aren't viable answers, but something smells funny. I honestly don't know enough about the economy to offer a solution, but I DEFINITELY agree with Ron Paul on our foreign policy. We should't go to war unless we're attacked or in actual danger of being attacked and the only involvement we should have with other countries is giving aide to people living in poverty. Helping them with medical supplies, food, water, that kind of shit. Muslims don't hate us because we're American. They hate us because we install and support dictators and bomb the fuck out of their countries and because we ALWAYS back Israel. He's also spoken out against our foreign policy in South and Central America. I don't agree with all his idea's but at least he's not a thief and a liar.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

The Fed is the least of this country's economic issues. It's been one of the few constants of the last century but suddenly its the cause of all our economic woes? It doesn't take a genius to realize that doesn't add up.

Edited by Phailadelphia

The Fed is the least of this country's economic issues.

I'm not an economist, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think it's part of the biggest economic problem and that's the banks stealing money from all of us and subverting the democratic process in this country.

Edit in response to your edit: So you don't think that the consolidation of banking power and dollars in this country have had an effect on The Fed? You're gonna have to explain to me why. Not trying to be a dick because I think you're at least more well read on economics than I am. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by seanbrock

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm not an economist, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think it's part of the biggest economic problem and that's the banks stealing money from all of us and subverting the democratic process in this country.

That sounds like a legislative/congressional issue to me.

Edit for your edit for my edit: The consolidation you speak of didn't start until the 70s & 80s. Not a Fed issue, but a de-regulation issue (ie dismantling of Glass-Steagal).

Edited by Phailadelphia

The Fed is the least of our country's economic issues? Lmao.

Having a central bank controlling the entire money supply of the country is indeed a VERY large portion of the problem. The money printed out by the Fed represents our own debt, and nothing more. Again, kind of a problem. Fiat money isn't good money.

Although of course other things would greatly help our economy.. Not supporting bailouts.. cutting back on the American global empire, to which we contribute HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars to a year.... Income tax needs to be cut or even abolished.

Let's be certain that printing out money like we're playing monopoly, massive deficits, and record government spending does NOT help the economy.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Fed is the least of our country's economic issues? Lmao.

Having a central bank controlling the entire money supply of the country is indeed a VERY large portion of the problem. The money printed out by the Fed represents our own debt, and nothing more. Again, kind of a problem. Fiat money isn't good money.

Although of course other things would greatly help our economy.. Not supporting bailouts.. cutting back on the American global empire, to which we contribute HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars to a year.... Income tax needs to be cut or even abolished.

Let's be certain that printing out money like we're playing monopoly, massive deficits, and record government spending does NOT help the economy.

<6% unemployment and <2% inflation...seems to be working pretty well if you ask me.

Your take on central banks is interesting. Have you researched any advanced economies that lack a central bank? What did you find?

Btw, your last line is almost 100% wrong.

The budget deficit is shrinking rapidly. It's projected to drop below $300b next year.

NA-CD115_BUDGET_16U_20141015124506.jpg

Government spending growth has declined considerably under Obama

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg?uu

And finally, government spending absolutely boosts the economy. I dont know why anyone still disputes this. Its actually in the basic mathematical calculation for GDP

GDP = C + I + G + (X-M), where G is government spending

It also bears itself out in the data. G leads to GDP growth; austerity leads to GDP decline.

101112krugman1-blog480.jpg

Graph-impact-of-Federal-Fiscal-Policy-on

Edited by Phailadelphia

Isn't there like a group of a handful of banks that own most of the Fed shares. Doesn't that seem bad to you? JP Morgan Chase, M&T, Citigroup, Wells Fargo. Don't you think they'd probably be able to exert a lot of influence on what The Fed does?

<6% unemployment and <2% inflation...seems to be working pretty well if you ask me.

Your take on central banks is interesting. Have you researched any advanced economies that lack a central bank? What did you find?

For who exactly? The jobs that have been created are shitty jobs and most of the money made from the recovery has went to the 1%. Huge transfer of wealth, but hey, low unemployment.

Edited by seanbrock