Sign in to follow this  
NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Survivor Advice

What's up strangers! Long time no see!

I come to you today, begging, for advice.

Long story short, my survivor league is down to 34 people...The pot is $1,800,000. And the website does not allow chopping until your down to 10 players, so this shit is getting real lol. I'm also involved with 3 other people, so even if we make it that far and it gets chopped, I still have to split it up 4 ways.

As of week 10, we had to start picking 2 teams a week to move on (Weeks 16 & 17 we need to pick 3 games per week if it goes that far). And we made it through to week 14 by the skin of our teeth, we had the Rams and Bengals, and the Bengals gave us all heart attacks.

Regardless, my question is regarding next week. We know we are definitely taking the Lions as one of our picks (at home vs the Bucs).

The second we are on the fence. I wanted to know your guys feelings/confidence level on the Vikings over the Jets.

We do still have the Packers in our back pocket, but we are really trying to hold on to them as long as we can, they could be very helpful next week (If we move on we plan on takings the Chiefs home for Raiders and Giants home for Skins, but the Packers could definitely replace the Giants depending how many people move on this week).

Any input you guys can give me would be EXTREMELY helpful.

THANK YOU !

-NYGFH

Don't know bout Vikings over Jets. I'd say take Packers & Lions. Who else you guys got left?

Chernobyl, here's what's left.

Browns

Bucs

Cards

Chiefs

Cowboys

Eagles

Falcons

Giants

Jags

Lions

Packers

Raiders

Redskins

Texans

Titans

Vikings

We are trying very hard to keep the Packers for week 16, and the Texans for week 17

Cowboys are feasible vs. Bears but still a lot more comfortable with Packers.

My mistake. My phone acting weird with schedules. Keep Eagles till they play Skins.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Have to keep in mind that week 16 and 17 we need to select 3 teams. So we are planning to use Eagles in 16 and Cowboys in 17. Also, despite the Eagles beat down of Dallas, I would never pick that game in either direction, we have made it this far by avoiding taking division games at all costs

We are essentially down to 3 options this week outside of the Lions.

Vikings over Jets

Giants over Titans

Cards over Chiefs

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Really against Cards Chiefs unless you guys split 50/50 which is unlikely.

Like NYG to win on Titans but Vikings seems safer.

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for your input Chernobyl, will definitely be taking all of you guys' advice in to account come decision time.

Also Thank you to your Bengals for nearly giving me a heart attack, but still getting the W lol

• Upvote 1

Stay away from picking Dallas over Chi town. Chicago is 3-0 in the last three meetings between these teams. Cutler: 900+ yards, 9 TDs, 0 INTs.

Minnesota should be safe. No way Zimmer lets Geno beat him, imo.

• Upvote 1

Definitely, plus Thursday nights have been fluky all year. We definitely want to hold on to Dallas until Week 17 when they play the Skins, they will likely need the W for playoff purposes

One does not simply pick Dallas in week 17 if they need the win to get in. That is ASKING for it.

I'm not confident on any of those picks. Vikings over Jets is an upset waiting to happen, IMO. Honestly I'd be more surprised if the Cards beat the Chiefs than vice versa.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Natos, yeah I mean realistically that doesn't really matter. In all likeliehood this thing will be ending prior to week 17, but of the teams I have remaining, its definitely the best bet. Im more confident with Dallas in 4 weeks at Washington than this week on the road in Chicago.

We are definitely taking the Lions with pick #2, and just looking for people to weigh in on who there 2nd team would be given the options we have remaining of course

I'd feel more comfortable taking the Giants or Jags than I would the Vikings, honestly.

• Upvote 1

quick tip for week 17 since you're looking that far ahead, the Titans are hosting the Colts and the Colts likely won't have anything to play for (Den and NE both have a game and the tiebreaker over them and if they beat the Texans in two weeks they'll clinch the division) and they have a long history of taking week 17 off, of course I'm not sure I'd bet on the Titans to beat even the Colts B-team, but it's a wild card you'll have available

• Upvote 1

Im not sure I would take the Jags in this spot, or the Giants, they both suck lol. Plus Im backed in to a corner next week and pretty much have to take the Giants should I be lucky enough to move on....Heres How I have it shaking out so far with whats remaining....IF we stick with Vikings this week

Week 14

Lions over Bucs at Home

Vikes over Jets at Home

Week 15

Chiefs over Raiders at Home

Giants over Skins at Home (I know, very very risky, but my options are limited and we did win by 30 earlier in the season at Washington)

Week 16 (Have to start picking 3 teams)

Packers over Bucs on the Road

Eagles over Skins on the Road

Browns over Panther on the Road or someone in the Titans At Jags game

Week 17

Cowboys over skins on the Road

Texans over Jags at Home

Falcons over Panthers at Home

oochy....that's actually very valuable information. Thank you very much for that man, maybe allows me to use Texans this week now?

Not sure if I'd bet on the Cards beating KC. I think their pass rushers are gonna force the Cards into some ugly turnovers. Vikings over Jets is a safe bet seeing as how the Vikings don't have the most talent, but they're not the mess the Jets are. Not sure I'd pick them to beat anyone from here on out.

Also with your Green Bay pick over TB, Green Bay has dropped road games to the Bucs in the past. Not sure what it is but it's like they're Rodgers' kryptonite. Maybe Cards over St. Louis is a good time to save Green Bay and use the Cards.

• Upvote 1

Thanks brock.

Yeah I will definitely do more research regarding the packers and other future picks should I be fortunate enough to get to that position.

My main concern right now is basically risking a chance at what could potentially be half a million dollars by putting too much faith in the Vikings. I mean the Jets are a debacle, but as a Giant fan I hate everything about the Jets so I don't know if Im underestimating them or not lol

Thanks brock.

Yeah I will definitely do more research regarding the packers and other future picks should I be fortunate enough to get to that position.

My main concern right now is basically risking a chance at what could potentially be half a million dollars by putting too much faith in the Vikings. I mean the Jets are a debacle, but as a Giant fan I hate everything about the Jets so I don't know if Im underestimating them or not lol

You definitely have a lot on the line and I'm sorry the Bengals gave you a shocker lol. I think the Vikings offense is easily overmatched by the Jets, and that is what scares me. Do you know how many other guys still have the Pack at hand? Odds are other people already used them and are running on fumes now.

• Upvote 1

If it affects anyones train of thought, now that all the spreads are out the Lions and Vikings have the 2nd and 3rd largest spread, respectively, of teams we have available this week

Packers -11 VS ATL

Detroit -10 VS TB

Vikings -6 VS NYJ

Hopefully you didn't use up the rest of your luck in this.

quick tip for week 17 since you're looking that far ahead, the Titans are hosting the Colts and the Colts likely won't have anything to play for (Den and NE both have a game and the tiebreaker over them and if they beat the Texans in two weeks they'll clinch the division) and they have a long history of taking week 17 off, of course I'm not sure I'd bet on the Titans to beat even the Colts B-team, but it's a wild card you'll have available

I would like to officially retract this suggestion, at this point I wouldn't pick us to beat William & Mary