Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

2014: Your Team Awards

Offensive MVP
RB Marshawn Lynch (from strictly a statistics perspective).

Defensive MVP
FS Earl Thomas

Rookie of the Year
RT Justin Britt

Most Improved
OG JR Sweezy

Biggest Disappointment
WR/KR Percy Harvin

Best Newcomer (Free Agent Signing)
DT Kevin Williams

Mr. Overrated
WR/KR Percy Harvin

Mr. Underrated
MLB Bobby Wagner (plz plz re-sign)
Edited by BC

Performed incredibly underwhelming for a guy labeled the second best receiver in the league.

A.J has been struggling with that toe injury throughout the year and was out for 4 games. Even considering that, no way is A.J Green overrated. He still performed like an elite wide out this season.

A.J has been struggling with that toe injury throughout the year and was out for 4 games. Even considering that, no way is A.J Green overrated. He still performed like an elite wide out this season.

A toe injury is a decline in performance nonetheless. Is Green a top 10 receiver? Yes. Is he worthy of the media saying he's #2? No. Going on that basis, he is overrated.

There is no way to definitively say who the top receivers are. The elite level WRs are interchangeable, at this point. It's not that they're all great at the exact same things--it's that they have such varying skill sets that it's nearly impossible to choose a top receiver.

Is AJ Green among that elite list? Without question.

This is off the the top of my head, let me know if I forget anybody

Calvin

Dez

DeMaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Gordon

All interchangeable. None definitively better than the others

One more year of production and they're there:

ODB

Watkins

Edited by BwareDWare94

This is off the the top of my head, let me know if I forget anybody

antoniobrown5.jpg

• Upvote 2

:Saints:

Offensive MVP

RB Mark Ingram When we fed him the ball our offense actually looked decent. When we didn't feed him the ball Drew ran for his life or forced throws.

Defensive MVP

CB Keenen Lewis Still our only cornerback worth a damn, Had some semi bad games but still 10 times better than anyone else we threw out there.

Rookie of the Year

WR Brandin Cooks despite the season ending injury was leading most rookies WR in offensive categories. Hope he improves next year

Most Improved

LT Terron Armstead Easily our best offensive lineman and the only tru bright spot on the line this year. Made great strides from his rookie season last year

Biggest Disappointment

The middle interior of the offensive line and everyone on defense not named Keenen Lewis

None, all of them got injured and none really contributed before their injury

Mr. Overrated

TE JImmy Graham but but but he is the best tight end in the game bullshit, he can't block he always has some kind of injury as an excuse and unless he leaps over the first defender he is usually down on first contact and even leaping doesn't guarentee he isn't downed by the first defender

Mr. Underrated
RB Pierre Thomas as usual most of the smart people on this board know him and don't think of him as underrated, but for those that don't he is the most consistent RB we have in the passing game and running game and pass block.

antoniobrown5.jpg

I've been singing his praises all year and somehow forgot to list him. Edited by BwareDWare94

Offensive MVP:

Jamaal Charles/Travis Kelce-I hate doing co-MVP, but I felt like I had to. Charles didn't have a normal beast year, and if not for Kelce there would have been zero passing game to speak of. Kudos to the kid.

Defensive MVP:Justin Houston - obvious choices are obvious. I think he just got another sack while I was typing this.

Most improved: Knile Davis- It's mostly just due to getting playing time, but the way he ran this year was nothing short of impressive. Sophomore stunner right there.

Biggest disappointment:Dwayne Bowe- this one isn't even close for me, consisting I expected nothing from Eric Fisher and got exactly that. Bowe went from underrated over achiever to overrated under achiever with one pen stroke. Love the guy, but he's not earning that contact.

Best newcomer: Hussein Abdullah - the guy just flat out stepped up. The secondary was supposed to be a glaring weakness, and thanks in large part to this guy it held up nicely for the most part.

Most overrated:Alex Smith - I like the guy. I really do, and I applaud his effort. The fact is though that his glaring weaknesses are at this point seemingly insurmountable. Chase Daniel made me sad by playing so much more effectively in that SD game. He didn't do anything special, and still the offense just looked better worth him in the game. I'm not saying Chase for pres or anything. I'm just saying smh at Smith's contract.

Most underrated: Sean Smith - with his lunch pail persona and the emergence of others, Smith has been lately forgotten. While he's no all pro, he's very solid. He gets burned sometimes, but almost everyone does. Just showing a forgotten starter some love.

ROY: DeAnthony Thomas - It took a minute, but he showed me enough to be happy with the pick. His touches were limited, but his all purpose skill set can't be denied. He's lightning in a bottle, and he can find ways to keep the chains moving too.

• Upvote 2

Offensive MVP
TE Greg Olsen

Defensive MVP
MLB Luke Kuechly

Rookie of the Year
CB Bene Benewikere

Most Improved
CB Josh Norman

Biggest Disappointment
LT Byron Bell, RBs not staying healthy