Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Dolphins to sign Suh to $114M deal with $60M guaranteed

Per Rotoworld.com:

Sources tell Yahoo Sports as many as 10 teams are prepared to make "titanic pitches" to impending free agent Ndamukong Suh.
Per reporter Charles Robinson, that includes the Jaguars, Browns and Raiders, who are projected to have the most cap space this offseason. The Jets and Falcons could also be in the mix. Robinson reports the Lions are open to the franchise tag even though it would cost an otherworldly $26.7 million. The Lions would have to undertake all sorts of cap wizardry to make that number work. Detroit knows it would be foolish to let Suh get away, but the financial particulars make it a real possibility. Jan 6 - 1:32 PM
Source: Yahoo Sports

I really hope all these mentions of the Jags are just, "They've got money to spend, add them to the list."

I kinda hope he does go to Jacksonville, so his career can just die off into obscurity... But he won't.. He's going to go to a big market in a ll likelihiood.

As much as this smells like a massive free agency bust waiting to happen, Suh isn't a contract year guy. He's been one of the league's better DTs for a few years now, and with the way he plays the game, I really don't think he does it for the money. He obviously wants to get paid for the player he thinks he is, but I don't think he's gonna ship it in wherever he goes, necessarily.

• Upvote 1

I hope he signs a big deal and finds out he needs microfracture surgery, loses all of his athletic ability, and is out of the league within 3 years.

• Downvote 7

I hope he signs a big deal and finds out he needs microfracture surgery, loses all of his athletic ability, and is out of the league within 3 years.

Well-damn-gif.gif

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Haynesworth 2.0?

How anyone can hate on Suh at this point is beyond me. I just don't get the hate or people calling him overrated. The guy is a legit great player. Legit. Great. Any team that can bring him in would be lucky to do so. I wish the Chiefs were a real possibility for a Suh landing pad.

Probably because he's a dirty player.

• Upvote 2

How anyone can hate on Suh at this point is beyond me. I just don't get the hate or people calling him overrated. The guy is a legit great player. Legit. Great. Any team that can bring him in would be lucky to do so. I wish the Chiefs were a real possibility for a Suh landing pad.

I don't hate the player. I hate the individual.

How can you not hate the individual?

Because you don't actually fucking know him.

Have you sat down and had lunch with Suh?

As they say, character is on display on the battlefield. I don't need to have lunch with him. I've heard enough about him to know what I need to know. Huge bully and drunk at Nebraska (from actual Nebraska students involved with athletics), fatass child as an NFL player who can't seem to keep himself from doing stupid, absurd things.

He's a fucking prick. No ifs, ands, ors.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Haynesworth 2.0?

Probably because he's a dirty player.

Is he really though? Is he really a "dirty player?" I hear everyone say that, but I've seen no proof of dirty PLAY. I've seen him cleanly and routinely take on double teams and destroy competition. I've seen him hit QB's too hard. I've seen him do extra stuff after the whistle, and yeah he gets carried away sometimes. Still, he's never paralyzed a guy with a cheap shot or anything *cough Warren Sapp cough* Sapp is fucking adored and fawned over.

I don't hate the player. I hate the individual.

How can you not hate the individual?

Everything I've heard about the guy points to the contrary. He's stand-up in the community and loved in his locker room. He doesn't get along with his opponents, and that's a bad thing? Pls stahp.

As they say, character is on display on the battlefield. I don't need to have lunch with him. I've heard enough about him to know what I need to know. Huge bully and drunk at Nebraska (from actual Nebraska students involved with athletics), fatass child as an NFL player who can't seem to keep himself from doing stupid, absurd things.

He's a fucking prick. No ifs, ands, ors.

Wait a minute. You're telling me a college kid who was probably the most well known popular guy on campus was an asshole with a drinking problem? Well knock me over with a feather. Come on son.

Is he really though? Is he really a "dirty player?" I hear everyone say that, but I've seen no proof of dirty PLAY. I've seen him cleanly and routinely take on double teams and destroy competition. I've seen him hit QB's too hard. I've seen him do extra stuff after the whistle, and yeah he gets carried away sometimes. Still, he's never paralyzed a guy with a cheap shot or anything *cough Warren Sapp cough* Sapp is fucking adored and fawned over.

Everything I've heard about the guy points to the contrary. He's stand-up in the community and loved in his locker room. He doesn't get along with his opponents, and that's a bad thing? Pls stahp.

Wait a minute. You're telling me a college kid who was probably the most well known popular guy on campus was an asshole with a drinking problem? Well knock me over with a feather. Come on son.

EVERYBODY AT THIS WEBSITE KNOWS WARREN SAPP IS A FUCKING CHUMP.

Wow... Didn't even see this the first time through the thread... You have out-eviled Suh with one statement. This is more despicable than anything Suh has done or said in football. Wishing a career ending injury on the guy? Pretty low, man. What did Suh do to you?

• Upvote 1

Is he a bad individual like Terrell Suggs is a bad individual? No. But we know what kind of individual he is based on the things he willingly chooses to do on the field.

Is he a bad individual like Terrell Suggs is a bad individual? No. But we know what kind of individual he is based on the things he willingly chooses to do on the field.

Like what? Like stomping on a dude who wouldn't let go of his leg? Like backing up onto a QB? Like playing too rough with franchise QB's? I really don't know what he's done, even on the field, that's any worse than most other guys. He's just really good and really big and doesn't really go out of his way to hide anything.

The cameras are going to find him. At this point, they're just looking for a reason to bust this guy down. What he does off the field though, when the cameras AREN'T on him, that's what shows character. When did that rule change just because you don't like the guy?

Guest Phailadelphia

No proof of dirty play?? He was just suspended for stomping on Aaron Rodgers' foot, and that wasn't even the first time he's been fined or suspended for dirty play. How have you seen no proof? He's notorious for it.

I think the problem is that people are just going to both extremes and not leaving room for anything other than what they believe. Is Suh a dirty player? You better believe it. But does he do some good things for his community and help out with a lot of really good programs? Ya, he does. He can do some of those good things while being a total douche bag on the field. It's not all or nothing in either direction.

It's not like I am one to defend him, either... So that isn't what this is. Ha. I am glad he will be leaving Detroit because I hate playing against him. Not because he is a dominant DT, but because I fear for those cheap shots each and every time we take the field against him.

@Bware Not arguing he hasn't misbehaved on the field, but judging an individual by how they act on the field is both ignorant and in poor taste. I personally don't know Suh, so I cannot praise him nor insult him as an individual. I don't see how you're in a better position to do the same.

No proof of dirty play?? He was just suspended for stomping on Aaron Rodgers' foot, and that wasn't even the first time he's been fined or suspended for dirty play. How have you seen no proof? He's notorious for it.

Because the things he's gotten in trouble for have little or nothing to do with his actual play. He can be a jack ass, for sure. A dirty player though? I'm not going that far. As for the Rodgers thing, that was overturned. He never even looked back at him. I'm juSt saying that there are other actual, much worse, dirty players. I don't look at Suh as this Gotham super villain. Edited by B-isforBowe