Favre4Ever

Bills Hire Rex Ryan as Next Head Coach

Reports are coming out that he really preferred the Falcons and 49ers gig (of course) and held out as long as he could before he took what was currently on the table.

He apparently was waiting to see if the Falcons/49ers were going to call him for a second interview, but didn't want to get screwed over because he waited too long.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-fickle-falcons-led-rex-ryan-bills-job-article-1.2074037

Aw man, him in San Fran would've been amazing.

I hope they have a plan for what to do at quarterback rather than EJ Manuel and some mediocre FA signing. They should be really solid on defense but this team is going to be as frustrating to watch as the Jets, and if they don't do anything to help their case its just going to be another painful Rex show.

I'll give it 3 years.

Edited by BC

Aw man, him in San Fran would've been amazing.

We would pretty much max out to the early Rex Ryan Jets. While that isn't bad or anything, rather not keep falling short.

We would pretty much max out to the early Rex Ryan Jets. While that isn't bad or anything, rather not keep falling short.

And that was with Sanchez being a turnover machine. Say what you want about Kaep, but he's nowhere near that bad.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

Don't see this as a good fit for Buffalo, still shocked that their coach exercised his out option!

The Buffalo News reports Bills owner Terry Pegula told coach Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley they will be fired if Buffalo does not reach the playoffs next season.

Buffalo entered the season with high hopes, but the defense collapsed and the team missed the playoffs for the 16th season in a row. There were some high points, as Buffalo finally found a respectable quarterback in Tyrod Taylor and started to see how good Sammy Watkins can be, but there is still a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. In a division featuring the Patriots and Jets, it will be tough for Buffalo to make a playoff push next year.
Source: Buffalo News

they were a .500 team this year, playoffs isn't that much of a jump, it's also funny that they cite the fact that they're in the same division as the Jets when the Bills swept the Jets this year

Edited by oochymp

they were a .500 team this year, playoffs isn't that much of a jump, it's also funny that they cite the fact that they're in the same division as the Jets when the Bills swept the Jets this year

I think it's just stating that the Jets are a good team they are going to have to compete with for the division/for a playoff spot. I mean the Jets went 10-6 this year, it'd be hard to say the Bills were a better team overall just because they squeaked out two victories (Ravens swept the Steelers and Rams swept the Seahawks too).

I think it's just stating that the Jets are a good team they are going to have to compete with for the division/for a playoff spot. I mean the Jets went 10-6 this year, it'd be hard to say the Bills were a better team overall just because they squeaked out two victories (Ravens swept the Steelers and Rams swept the Seahawks too).

fair enough, just the way they said it made it seem like they didn't think the Bills could possibly compete with the Jets when really the teams are pretty close