Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao confirmed

SportsCenter

BREAKING: It's on. Floyd Mayweather announces that he'll fight Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

SportsCenter @SportsCenter

Floyd Mayweather (-275) opens as almost a 3-to-1 favorite vs. Manny Pacquiao (+235).

User Actions

Floyd Mayweather announces fight with a photo of the signed contract. (via @FloydMayweather/Shots)

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/568914418483924992

Someone check the accuracy of that signature tho...

This fight's too late, but I'm still interested to see it.

Discuss.

Floyd by UD.

Not muh hope for boxing once Floyd retires. Pacman really has no shot against Floyd unless he lands a haymaker early

Edited by Bucman

Tbh this fight is only happening because Floyd is too much of a pussy and knows that Amir Khan would break his face with his speed.

Although unbeaten, Floyd has always struggled against left handed speed punchers, I know that Pacman doesn't have the speed he once did, I would still say that he gives Mayweather a rough night. Still I think this will be a Mayweather UD.

Tbh this fight is only happening because...

giphy.gif

Amir Khan? Are you serious, Bangy?

HauntingLeftElver.gif

• Upvote 2

:lolbangyfail: lives again

So we had to wait until Pacquiao was so far out of his prime that he'll almost surely lose?

Pass. This isn't the big deal it would have been, initially, if Mayweather wouldn't have pushed the blood draw on fight day. I'm not excited to see Floyd win and see the analysts celebrate him when, had this fight happened 3-4 years ago, Manny would have torn him apart.

:lolbangyfail: lives again

Amir Khan? Are you serious, Bangy?

HauntingLeftElver.gif

giphy.gif

Not a Bangy fail just my opinion. Khan has improved a lot since he actually decided to leave the party boy lifestyle and live of untapped talent to training his ass off and taking this seriously. Although he hasn't lost before Mayweather's biggest weakness is southpaws with hand speed.

Khan has the fighting style that would really trouble Floyd espically after the Devon performance where he showed he actually realizes that eating punches to the chin is not the way forward. I just feel that Amir could beat him, probably me being a homer but still it would be a great fight.

Edited by Bangy

I feel that Amir might give Floyd trouble for a few rounds at best before the master of adjustments settles down and wins by an easy UD vs him. I mean, even the best of southpaws he's faced that gave him problems when he was younger, he was still able to stay out of harm's way (for the most part), adjust, and win in easy fashion. The southpaws that gave him the most problems happened a loooong time ago (Zab, Chop-Chop), and some recently that took some rounds from him but ended up losing decisively.

There is no one that can beat him now right now, IMO. He's pretty much fighting at his peak, even given his age. I don't like him and hope he loses to Pac, but I can't deny his greatness and domination right now. It's unreal.

I'd give Amir maybe 3 rounds if he fought Floyd at best, all early ones, if they were to eventually fight. And if I'm wrong, I'll be just as happy as you, Bangy.

Edited by BLUE

99 dollars for the HD version of this PPV. WTF?

I'm going to a bar to watch.