Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Panthers bring in Michael Oher

Panthers signed OT Michael Oher to a two-year contract.

Turning 29 in May, Oher has been a disaster as both a pass and run blocker the past few seasons. The lowly Titans cut him in February, after just one season into a "four-year, $20 million" deal. The Panthers will be in trouble if they end up counting on Oher to make starts. He's best suited as a swing tackle.

yeah, anyone who couldn't cut it on the Titans last year probably doesn't belong on a roster

Can't possibly be worse than Byron Bell. I refuse to believe that.

I think most Titans or Ravens fans would say the same about any comparison to Oher, so I guess time will tell

PFF agrees with you, for whatever it's worth, though they have both graded like trash.

JLFsJ9j.png

KVJov92.png

If Oher had played all season he would have been on pace for -26.9.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Oher's always been trash, but I remember when a LARGE contingency of TGP thought he was a premier OT.

He looked decent as a RT in his first few starts, but then he moved to LT and was never the same. Holding out for a hero I guess.

I almost wonder if sliding over to guard would better suit him. From everything I have read about Oher, his biggest problem is his footwork and his inability to keep guys from getting around the outside of him. Why not slide him to guard where he can utilize his strength and just concentrate on keeping bigger guys in front of him?

I'm not football analyst but if a guy has played like garbage, it won't hurt to move him around.

I almost wonder if sliding over to guard would better suit him. From everything I have read about Oher, his biggest problem is his footwork and his inability to keep guys from getting around the outside of him. Why not slide him to guard where he can utilize his strength and just concentrate on keeping bigger guys in front of him?

I'm not football analyst but if a guy has played like garbage, it won't hurt to move him around.

He doesn't have any strength, either.