Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

PQS (Personal Quirks Series): Your Odd Food Quirks

If I have more than one item on my plate at a time or whatever, I'll eat one bite of each at a time. I'm almost fanatical about it. If I have a burger, fries, and a drink, I'll take a bite of a the burger, eat a fry or 2, then take a drink. I repeat it until something is gone. haha.

Oh, another weird thing that I am awful with: "saving the best for last". I don't like to eat all of one item first, but I will eat most of what I like least and toward the end I start to ration out individual bites that I deem "best".

For example, say I'm eating pasta with chicken, mushrooms, alfredo, melted mozzarella cheese, and a side of peas. I'll eat a lot of the peas first, then eat the pasta as normal and slowly finish off the peas. Then as I get close to the end I will start sorting out bites that have a few noodles, some mushrooms, chicken, and the shit that has the melted cheese attached will go with the "better" bites. The last couple bites end up being large bites with a lot of mushrooms and cheese or whatever part of the dish is my favorite.

I often shoot myself in the foot, though, as I start to get full and all of the "best" parts are left and I can't eat them. :yao:

• Upvote 2

If I have more than one item on my plate at a time or whatever, I'll eat one bite of each at a time. I'm almost fanatical about it. If I have a burger, fries, and a drink, I'll take a bite of a the burger, eat a fry or 2, then take a drink. I repeat it until something is gone. haha.

I usually prioritize certain dishes if there are multiple. Like.... If you have a steak, potatoes, and corn.. I am going to (mostly) eat the corn first... Then the potatoes... then the steak. Because I always want to save the best for last and make that last bite is a good one.

EDIT: omg.. Zack and I are the same person.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

This is a good one. I notice that I wipe my hands/mouth WAY too often. I can't stand eating buffalo wings at a restaurant.

you should try what I do. Use one hand for wings and keep the other one dry. Just accept that the hand will be a mess and don't wipe or wash it at all until you're done eating.

Ever since I heard of the meat umbrella trick for eating chicken wings, I've used it religiously. Also I am known for notoriously eating all of the flat wings first before going for the drumlettes.

The drummies are better though. They have like nuggets of deliciousness attached to them on one side near the top (fat end)

• Upvote 1

Condiments hater to the extreme, like I eat mostly fish (cod), salmon, whole wheat bagels, rice, deviled eggs, and protein shakes with nothing else really added into the mix. Occasional lemon on the fish and honey bbq pulled pork on top of a bagel is as done up as I do it. I can't handle any one else making my food for the most part. Having a well prepared basic fresh clean meal sits tons better than something with gnarly amounts of addicting mayo/dressing/sauce that ends up being overfilling, addicting, and just counterproductive.

Edited by BC

I love vegetables and roughage in general. I can eat a head of lettuce like an apple. Sometimes for lunch I just eat like 3 or 4 raw potatoes with some salt on them. Someone was talking about cutting the stalks of broccoli, I just eat the whole thing. I think what i like about it is that it takes a long time to eat it, makes me feel fuller or something. I've eaten apples whole my entire life, cyanide seeds and all, still alive :shrug: Not the stem.

I fucking LOVE cold italian food. Like leftovers out of the fridge. Might be a stoner thing but I can eat leftover spaghetti all night right out of the tupperware. Pizza, raviolli, alfredo, w/e. Cold meatballs, mah gawd. That's probably not that weird, but those canned chef-boyardee things that you can open and microwave, sometimes I just open them and eat them out of the can. It doesn't taste any different. It's just not hot, and they're already pre-cooked so w/e. Don't dirty up a dish either :smug:

Oooo shit, cold sauerkraut too. I used to almost have an addiction for it. A few years ago, my mom told me she used to eat tons of left-over sauerkraut when she was pregnant with me. :badass: crazy.

• Upvote 1