Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

PQS (Personal Quirks Series): Your Odd Food Quirks

I find it prudent to the longevity of this community that we learn as much as possible about each other as individuals. Due to this, let me introduce to you the Personal Quirks Series. Some of these will be more silly than anything, such as this initial quirk, but I think it could be a fun way to connect everybody to each other's personalities. Here are mine.

1. For cheap boxed pizza, I like to put some yellow mustard on it if I don't have any good hot sauce. I find it draws out all of the flavors and adds a necessary dimension to improve the meal.

2. I love putting some kind of fried potato on burgers and sandwiches. Be it regular french fries or tator tots or my personal favorite--seasoned waffle fries.

3. If I'm not satisfied with the quality or cooking of a steak, I'll dip it in any kind of Texas barbecue sauce I can get my hands on. As far as mass produced is concerned, I generally use Famous Dave's Texas Pit sauce. Texas barbecue sauce is less sweet, the tomato flavor is more drawn out, and it's peppery. I do prefer steaks simply seasoned and cooked to medium rare, but this is one way I improve a lesser cut or poor cook job (more often than not my own).

4. I like to add different things to each batch of chili I make. One time it'll be corn, the next mushrooms. I've yet to find the perfect chili recipe, so I always make minor adjustments to my basic recipe.

5. My sauce/broth for chili is spicy bloody mary mixer. It adds a nice flavor and helps make my batch unique to others.

6. I like corn on tacos and in taco salads

7. Along with standard mayo and mustard on things like club and sub sandwiches, I like a touch of ketchup on there, as well.

What about the rest of you?

Idk if it counts as a quirk but I always eat my food separately. Unless it's like chicken & rice etc.. For example say I get McDonalds. I always eat the burger first and than the fries afterwards.

Nothing too out of the ordinary toppings wise. Well I do put old bay on french fries & sometimes popcorn. Lol

Idk if it counts as a quirk but I always eat my food separately. Unless it's like chicken & rice etc.. For example say I get McDonalds. I always eat the burger first and than the fries afterwards.

Nothing too out of the ordinary toppings wise. Well I do put old bay on french fries & sometimes popcorn. Lol

old bay?

old bay?

x_Old_Bay_Seasoning.gif

You use bloody mary mix for your chili base.. Fail. Do you thicken it up with tomato paste at least?

I put in enough beef, veggies, beans, to compensate. It's thick enough. I prefer chili somewhat soupy, anyway. I like when the sauce adds good flavor. The Bloody Mary mixer has to be spicy, though. The regular shit is bland unless you know how to touch it up (which I do when it's all that's available).

Why not just spice your own chili / make your own. No good chili can be made that lazily.

Why not just spice your own chili / make your own. No good chili can be made that lazily.

I do add my own spices and whatnot. It's not just throwing shit in a kettle and letting it simmer lol. When I have time to start with a roux, I do.

I loathe condiments and dressings. Some BBQ is good. Bleu cheese and Caesar are the only two dressings I like and they have to be high quality.

Over the past few years I've started eating almost exclusively organic food. Soda, candy, and most things with added sugar (90% of what's on the shelves) taste like shit to me now.

• Upvote 1

Ketchup sucks. I used to love it, but I refuse to eat it on anything these days.

• Upvote 1

I thought I was the only one who didn't care for condiments. Lol. I will use yellow mustard on tenderloins and brats, only like 2 BBQ sauces that are made at local restaurants, and only eat caesar or italian dressings, lol. Ketchup, other BBQ sauce, mayo, ranch, anything else... Nasty. Back when I ate more fast food, could eat that stuff on their garbage 'food', and that was the only time I would ever eat ketchup.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Ketchup sucks. I used to love it, but I refuse to eat it on anything these days.

Also hate ketchup. One of the few things I won't eat.

For the most part I can't stand any form of "junk" food. Whenever my brother has poptarts it makes me wanna vomit just seeing it. I usually eat something based with meat and cheese, like a sandwich or wrap. It infuriates me to go get a sandwich and my brother has eaten all the cheese plain. I also love cereal, see: Bowl of cheerios nearly every day.

I can drink coffee on occasion or maybe every month or so I'll get a glass of juice but I'm usually a strictly water guy.

I can't stand ketchup. The site of it makes me wanna puke. Ill put mustard on my hamburgers and thats about it.

I'm a pretty picky eater, and I am the definition of a creature by habit.

1. I HATE vegetables. All vegetables.

2. I hate condiments on all my food.

3. I'm in love with bread. All kinds of bread. Haha.

Focaccia is incredible

I'm really not too picky, I won't eat mushrooms or raw tomatoes but that's it, I'm fine with tomatoes if they're cooked into something, like sauce or chili or soup, but I can't stand sliced tomatoes like a lot of people do on burgers or sandwiches, mushrooms I won't eat in any form, part of it is the idea of eating fungus, but I'm also just not a big fan of the texture

I'm a pretty picky eater, and I am the definition of a creature by habit.

1. I HATE vegetables. All vegetables.

2. I hate condiments on all my food.

3. I'm in love with bread. All kinds of bread. Haha.

1 and 3 are not that quirky, pretty normal.

With vegetables, I've found the best way to eat them for me is just to eat them by themselves. Like as their own meal with no other food. If you eat them with other food it just draws out the suffering and makes the whole meal shitty. If you dedicate a meal to vegetables then you can just shove them in your face and you become numb to the taste a third of the way in. So you get your vegetables in the most painless way possible. I hate people that like vegetables.

The only quirk I can think of for myself is sometimes I think food tastes better cold. I often order a chicken parm sub and put it in the fridge to sit over night and eat it cold the next day. Also do that with cheese steaks lol. Also I put ketchup on my cheese steaks which some people say is weird.

• Upvote 1

I aspire to eat very strange foods but I rarely get around to it.

I hate pickles on sandwiches. Or really in anything. They are awesome plain though.

Everything tastes better in a wrap.

Everything.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't count if you've ripped it off the stem first.

Bredy: Cold cheesesteaks and chicken parm subs would be nasty. Yuck. Not a fan of food that should be hot being eaten cold...not even pizza tbh.

GA: I'm exactly the same about pickles.

- I cut the stems off my broccoli (although I'm trying not to since that's where most of the nutrients are)

- If I'm eating a sub or burger, I've been told I pick it up, take a bite, then put it back down. And a lot of the times I'll clean my hands if they're messy even throughout this process even though they're just going to get messy again. Lol another habit I should break...I go through a lot of napkins. >_>

- If I'm eating a sub or burger, I've been told I pick it up, take a bite, then put it back down. And a lot of the times I'll clean my hands if they're messy even throughout this process even though they're just going to get messy again. Lol another habit I should break...I go through a lot of napkins. >_>

This is a good one. I notice that I wipe my hands/mouth WAY too often. I can't stand eating buffalo wings at a restaurant.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel