oochymp

Hall of Fame Nominees Announced

Anyone ever go to the HOF ceremonies before? Anyone know how I would go about getting tickets?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1744/brett-favre

Former Packers QB Brett Favre was one of four players elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

One of the greatest quarterbacks in league history, Favre was inducted his first year of eligibility. Drafted by the Falcons, he played 16 years with the Packers before finishing his career with the Jets and Minnesota. A six-time All Pro, Favre owns multiple NFL records, including most starts (298), pass completions (6,300), and is tied with Peyton Manning with 186 career wins. He ranks second all-time in pass yards (71,838) and touchdowns (528). Favre is joined by Kevin Greene, Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace, coach Tony Dungy, Seniors nominees Dick Stanfel and Ken Stabler, and contributor Eddie DeBartolo as members of the 2016 Hall of Fame class. Terrell Owens, Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, and Steve Atwater were among the candidates not selected.

Edited by FartWaffles

I'm not sure I'll get over Tony Dungy being a hall of fame coach.

Tony Dungy.

Hall of Famer.

Crazy stuff.

• Upvote 1

‏@AdamSchefter

First-time eligibles for HOF Class of 2017 include:

S Brian Dawkins

QB Donovan McNabb

DE Jason Taylor

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

WR Hines Ward

Tony Dungy doesn't belong in the Hall. Granted, my opinion doesn't mean much,,, Favre, Green, Pace, and Harrison is a pretty ridiculous class. Then comes Gollum.

Tony Dungy? Def doesn't belong

But R.I.P and tribute to Stabler, Roll Tide and go :Raiders:

shockingly my entire list of five created at the first nominee list all made it to the finalist list :notbad:

not so shockingly, only two will be inducted this year

it's not a bad list, Dungy is a little questionable but not so much that I'm mad about it

having said that, I don't like seeing Pace get in ahead of Jacoby and I don't like Harrison getting in ahead of TO

and that's a great list of first year eligibles for next year, making it that much tougher for those who missed out, my way too early picks for next year: Dawkins, Taylor, Tomlinson, TO, and Jacoby (but at this point Jacoby will probably have to wait until he's eligible for a senior nomination)

• Upvote 1

Someone explain to me why TO wasn't first ballot???

He's arguably the 2nd best WR ever.

• Upvote 2

Here's the reasoning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnlqCygGN0

Hopefully they take this into consideration when Moss is eligible...next season? Maybe not quite the "cancer" that T.O. was, but every team was thrilled to be rid of him, he even played on 3 teams in one season back in '10.

They won't though.

hearing that just makes me wonder who the longest discussion was about, my guess: Terrell Davis or Kurt Warner

on a related note, anyone else wish there was more insight into at least who the next few guys were to the Committee? the baseball HOF releases the percentages for every player voted on, obviously it's a different process so I don't know that there's anything comparable in this selection process, but it'd be interesting to see more of the Committee's thought process at least in regards to the finalists

I don't really care about anything that guy said. Piss poor reasoning IMO. Every team that got rid of TO saw their offense plummet after he left. Call him a cancer in the locker room if you want, but none of us will ever know the real stories behind what happened. Especially in Philly. A lot of that just doesn't add up.

But what we do know, and the stats back it up, is that on the field TO could do it all, and do it well. It's a disgrace to the sport to say one of the best players ever at his position doesn't deserve 1st ballot because of ALLEGED shortcomings in the locker rooms. None of this was ever proven. Locker room antics or not, give me TO over Marvin any day of the week, and twice on Sundays, when it counted the most.

• Upvote 2

Someone explain to me why TO wasn't first ballot???

He's arguably the 2nd best WR ever.

He's no Sterling Sharpe