oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

When it comes to Russian goal-scorers in NHL history, “Alexander the Great” is about to become Alexander the Greatest.
Alex Ovechkin has 483 NHL goals, tied with Sergei Fedorov for first place among Russian-born players. Ovechkin can break the record Tuesday night when the Capitals visit the Red Wings (7:30 p.m., CSN+).
“Obviously it’s a huge honor to pass all the great names in Russian hockey,” Ovechkin said. “To be No. 1, it’s huge.”
By coincidence, Fedorov will be in attendance Tuesday night with the Red Wings honoring the six-time All-Star one night after his induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Ovechkin long admired Fedorov while growing up in Moscow, and the two were teammates in Washington from February 2008 through the 2008-09 season.

this could make for a great moment tonight, I remember when Ray Allen passed Reggie Miller for the NBA record in three point shots in a game Reggie was calling for TNT and what a great moment that was, hopefully we get a similar moment tonight, though because it's hockey it might have to happen in the lockerroom

Ha, that's pretty sweet:

I remember something similar to that just last year (?)

I remember something similar to that just last year (?)

I don't remember if it did lol

Lightning got their shit kicked in by the Sabres tonight.

Not surprised at all they're struggling to sustain their success from last year. Reminds me of when they came a game short of making the SCF and then laid a fucking egg the following season in 2011-12 lol.

• Upvote 1

I've been dying for a line of Landy, Mack, Dutchy and now it's a reality. Flyers suck so I'm not going to overreact. So much speeeeed.

Duchene!

Duchene!

He is playing out of his freakin' mind right now! I've been one of his harshest critics, but I'm willing to eat some crow. Obviously it will be hard to keep his pace going, but more than anything I just don't want him to do his usual disappearing act.

He is playing out of his freakin' mind right now! I've been one of his harshest critics, but I'm willing to eat some crow. Obviously it will be hard to keep his pace going, but more than anything I just don't want him to do his usual disappearing act.

Yeah, he's never scored 30 goals before. Just want him to get at least 65 + points. 30 G, 35 apples. :D

• Upvote 2

OK, shocking result of the week: Leafs defeating the Predators after Nashville scored 7 vs. Ottawa. Hell of an effort by the Leafs.

Duchene trade rumors, Landeskog suspended :notamused:

Ovi king of the Russian snipers. Goddamn Stars keep winning though. Better than Minnesota is how I'll look at it.

Avs pls, don't see how this team can make the playoffs

FUCK YES

Duchene you sexy fuck

• Upvote 1

"Fuck you, you're getting a fucking embellish---" is what i hear. Anyway, finally we beat Minnesota

Varly looking better. Offense needs to pick it up a little. Pittsburgh on Wednesday then a tough road trip again against more Central division foes

• Upvote 1

"Fuck you, you're getting a fucking embellish---"

listening again I think you're right, either way the two f-bombs is what's hilarious

listening again I think you're right, either way the two f-bombs is what's hilarious

:yep: Neal's reputation is bad as a diver so good for the refs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/pascal-dupuis-forced-to-end-nhl-career-due-to-medical-condition-203809151.html

:(

Pascal Dupuis has a blood clot condition that's forcing him to retire. He's on the downside of his career now but for a long time he was one of my favorite Pens. They don't make too many great grinders like him anymore. Got to meet him at a signing event a few years ago.