Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Texans claim Brandon Weeden off waivers

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20151118-report-qb-brandon-weeden-claimed-by-texans-day-after-release-from-cowboys.ece

Report: QB Brandon Weeden claimed by Texans day after release from Cowboys

Brandon Weeden doesn't need to worry about moving across the country to find a new job.

Just across the state.

The former Cowboys quarterback, who was released by Dallas on Tuesday morning, was picked up by the Houston Texans on Wednesday afternoon, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Weeden, who was 0-4 as a starter in place of Tony Romo the past two seasons, joins a murky quarterback picture in Houston. Starter Brian Hoyer suffered a concussion Monday and is still questionable for Sunday's game. T.J. Yates and Zac Dysert are Houston's other quarterback options.

Weeden led the Cowboys to a Week 2 win at Philadelphia after Romo fractured his left collarbone in the third quarter, though things didn't go as planned the rest of the season.

Weeden followed with three consecutive losses as the starter for the Cowboys and was replaced during the club's bye week by veteran Matt Cassel.

The writing was on the wall for Weeden's future with the Cowboys once the club replaced him with Cassel because his contract was up after the season.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

I'm so sorry

Just really hoping Yates doesn't go down vs. the Jets...

Also JD happy? Texans cut Jumal Rolle to make room for Weeden.

Zac Dysert is just better though...

Zac Dysert is just better though...

I'm guessing they wanted to have a QB with actual game experience. :shrug:

Even though the experience is atrocious...

it's a good thing your head coach is a QB guru

• Upvote 1

Just really hoping Yates doesn't go down vs. the Jets...

Also JD happy? Texans cut Jumal Rolle to make room for Weeden.

Packers probably don't care at this point.. They aren't much a fan of guys who get poached -- usually. I wouldn't mind it, especially with some of our injuries in the secondary.

Texans owner Bob McNair is adamant that the team must improve at quarterback.

"There are a number of ... college quarterbacks coming out and I think we have a good chance at getting one of them," McNair said. "There are four or five of them who look like they have enough talent and size and athletic ability. I don't know any reason why we wouldn't be able to do it." The Texans pick at No. 22 overall. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has them taking Cal QB Jared Goff in his latest mock draft. The Texans met with North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz at the Senior Bowl, and have "made inquiries" about Memphis' Paxton Lynch.

We already knew the Texans were in the market for a QB. This doesn't really change that at all. Ha. The only real question is... Which one are they going to fall in love with and which one do they chase?

Of course they need to improve at quarterback, but more importantly, they need to improve in the coaching decisions department. Just when it looked like they had the strong-armed QB they might need to win a playoff game, they go back to noodle-armed, dumb as a box of rocks Brian Hoyer. Look, Brandon Weeden wasn't going to win a Super Bowl for them, but he certainly would have made that KC game more interesting. Brian Hoyer needs to disappear from football, and quickly.

I would love it if Wentz fell to them. He'd start immediately.