Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Season 7

Davos is getting his shank hand ready.

Davos is getting his shank hand ready.

Spoilers, bro!

That episode was not that bad. Campin pls. You were probably just salty from playing a shit game prior to watching. :kobe:

Well we figured out where the budget went... god damn! The cinematography was fucking aces, with the Davos finding the pyre in the sunrise, the wicked Jon staring down the Bolton cavalry, the part after where he's just one man armying that shit. Fuck that whole scene was so fricking intense, claustrophobic, and morbid. Power shot of Jon, Tormund and Wun Wun just being like "Yeah let's go murder some fucking Boltons" and Ramsay getting exactly what he fucking deserved. I don't mind that the battle went pretty much exactly as planned by the narrative arc because it was just executed so fucking well that it doesn't matter.

Tyrion got some time to shine this episode, which is always good to see, nice for him to finally have some characters to bounce off of. Let's see if the King's Landings trials will live up to this episode in terms of wow factor.

Kill the Legend, Become the Legend.

Jon Snow can now say "I Killed FIDDY MEN!"

Very predictable

But fuck me that cut to Littlefinger on the hill with his smug grin was so fulfilling and then seeing the calvary run through the Bolton army.... :fgm:

Would have loved to see Sansa deliver the killing blow, she has become very likable. Complete 180 this season.

R.I.P. Jon's horse.

Rickon should've ran in zig-zags.

Wun Wun... :(

Dat battle doe.

Petyr da gawd.

Ramsay's death didn't get enough screen time.

Dany riding teh dagron!

Grey Worm kills two birds with one swipe.

Tyrion hints at Mad Queen Cersei theory.

Yara and Dany scene got me half chubbed.

Davos gon kill Melisandre.

:megusta:

Watching him stroll up on Ramsay and proceeding to beat his face in was extremely satisfying.

A lot of the battle stuff was disorienting and uncomfortable. Which of course was done on purpose and they sure as hell achieved it.

• Upvote 1

SERPENTINE, MOTHERFUCKER, SERPENTINE

Yeah, Rickon just running in a straight line was hilarious. I was like... come on man, you got some much space out there. Was waiting for him to Barry Sanders his way back to Jon and Co.

As others stated, it was pretty predictable. We saw Sansa send the letter last episode (or was it 2 episodes ago?) and like 3/4 of the way through the battle I was just like.. Hey wait, we haven't seen Sansa at all... And boom. Even though you knew what was going to happen it was still so satisfying.

The Vale and House Arryn to the rescue, woot. Speaking of which, I have determined that House Arryn has the best banner in all of the Seven Kingdoms. Bad ass.

Wish Wun Wun didn't have to die. I mean, they were going to take the castle either way... but as Razor pointed out it was a huge kind of moment when the soldiers of the Vale decimated the Bolton army and Jon / Tormund / Wun Wun were ready to fuck some shit up and finish it for good. Kind of had to keep that momentum going, I suppose.

I almost wish the stuff in Mereen was part of last weeks episode. It was so well done and so fantastic but was kind of overshadowed by Bastard Bowl. Mother of Dragons discussing terms with Yara was great.. But that scene with the masters was one of the best in the series in my opinion. Just so good.

Grey Worm was the low key MVP of that episode, one shot, two kills.

Like Razor said, cinematography was on it this episode. I screen capped that Davos morning scene from the trailer last week, knew that'd end up being a dope shot. But also I loved the score of the start of the battles. That one shot where you can only see the horses and just the mens feet on their sides so it's a low angle and its kind of panning in slow motion with those slow horns groaning >>>>

Fire.

It wasn't as powerful but Wun Wun did have a bit of Hodor moment. His final purpose was to retake Winterfell. :kobe:

Gregor Clegane, Attorney at Law.

damn, the img won't work. Boo.

Edited by RazorStar

That episode made me extremely uncomfortable the whole time. I thought I was about to lose epic red head wilding dude whose name I can never remember, Davos and Wun Wun all in the span of about ten minutes.

Was pretty sure Jon was going to make it, I thought for a minute there he'd be buried under the bodies and find his way out later.

On that note, fuck Jon so much for not listening to Sansa. Got manipulated by Ramsay so easily and predictably, and lost a great deal of men that he now no longer has to fight the Others. Jon's forces got halved with that fight, now its down to Dany, no way can he stop the White Walkers. He had a slim to none chance anyway, of course.

"I don't know anything about battles but I know you're fucking stupid so please please don't fuck this up like you always do."

"Sansa you don't know anything about battles! I'm the battle man!"

TWELVE HOURS LATER

"I've made a terrible mistake."

• Upvote 2

Jon has always been the emotional one. Very little surprise there, ha.

So yeah, that was pretty awesome. Surprised Tormund and Davos both made it out alive, figured one of them was history. I guess Rickon and Hagrid dying was kinda sad.

Hey why didn't Ramsey shoot Jon instead of Wun Wun?

Could say the same for when he was going to save his brother

• Upvote 1