Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Season 7

Dany still looks pretty unstoppable. She lost part of her fleet and it's still not even really clear how much of it she lost. As for how Euron knew where they were, we don't know how far they even got from Dragon Stone. He might have been headed there when he saw her fleet. He had to in order to bring Cercei her "gif." Remember he's supposed to be this incredible ship captain too and his whole crew has sailed around the world with him so I'm sure they have scouts and maybe somebody spotted a bunch of ships.

Also to your point about Euron being too OP, idk he really didn't take all that much damage in the battle. He might have gotten cut a couple times with a knife, but the guy Bron killed in Season 2, Vardis Egan took a shit load of damage, he just couldn't touch Bron but the dude was a tank. How about how OP Yara was. She's 130lb woman who got smacked with a battle axe and it barely seemed to effect her lol. Even if it doesn't cut you, getting hit by someone with that great a size/strength discrepancy is not going to end well lol.

I think this episode is less about taking Dany down a notch and more about testing whether she's a conquerer or a ruler. The Mad Queen or The Breaker of Chains. That weapon they have...I mean, I guess it could kill a dragon but how the hell do they plan on hitting one with that thing? Not only do dragons fly and fly pretty fast they're also intelligent, as much so or more than humans. She still has the biggest army, she still has Dragons and really there is no reasonable hope of beating her. It's like Tyrion said though, does she want to be the Queen of Ashes? They've been teasing this angle for a while now. The longest this war can last is the rest of the season which I could definitely see. They like to save stuff like Night King confrontations and epic battles for the end of the season.

Dany still looks pretty unstoppable. She lost part of her fleet and it's still not even really clear how much of it she lost. As for how Euron knew where they were, we don't know how far they even got from Dragon Stone. He might have been headed there when he saw her fleet. He had to in order to bring Cercei her "gif." Remember he's supposed to be this incredible ship captain too and his whole crew has sailed around the world with him so I'm sure they have scouts and maybe somebody spotted a bunch of ships.

Also to your point about Euron being too OP, idk he really didn't take all that much damage in the battle. He might have gotten cut a couple times with a knife, but the guy Bron killed in Season 2, Vardis Egan took a shit load of damage, he just couldn't touch Bron but the dude was a tank. How about how OP Yara was. She's 130lb woman who got smacked with a battle axe and it barely seemed to effect her lol. Even if it doesn't cut you, getting hit by someone with that great a size/strength discrepancy is not going to end well lol.

I think this episode is less about taking Dany down a notch and more about testing whether she's a conquerer or a ruler. The Mad Queen or The Breaker of Chains. That weapon they have...I mean, I guess it could kill a dragon but how the hell do they plan on hitting one with that thing? Not only do dragons fly and fly pretty fast they're also intelligent, as much so or more than humans. She still has the biggest army, she still has Dragons and really there is no reasonable hope of beating her. It's like Tyrion said though, does she want to be the Queen of Ashes? They've been teasing this angle for a while now. The longest this war can last is the rest of the season which I could definitely see. They like to save stuff like Night King confrontations and epic battles for the end of the season.

Yeah but Dragonstone is right outside Blackwater Bay, King's Landing is as far into it as you can get... And Euron hit the leading ship of the Greyjoy fleet... in the dark without being noticed by any of the other ships. The only thing that actually kind of makes sense is that the timelines are all screwed up and Euron left King's Landing wayyyy before Yara left Dragonstone .. And I am not exactly buying that. lol.. The Greyjoys (which I understand Euron is as well) are supposed to be the best on the seas... And you're telling me that they got completely sneak attacked by maybe the biggest ship ever and then didn't put up really any fight whatsoever.. I mean did they even take down one of euron's ships? I don't think so... And how did Euron get his ships into Blackwater Bay without being detected by dany at dragonstone?So.... euron sailed into Blackwater Bay right in front of dany.... Sailed out right in front of Dany... then turned around to take her fleet head on, then proceeded to sail right back in front of Dany a third time to get back to King's Landing. Dumb. lol

And Dany does have the biggest army, but part of it just got obliterated by one guy... another piece is headed to King's Landing... it seems like Jamie is going to occupy the rest of the south and Highgarden / Tyrell's so I doubt they will be marching to King's Landing. All of a sudden, what is Dany left with? Sure she has some dragons, but if Cersei can utilize that weapon AND if Euron brings her Dragonbinder? fuck the Dragons, man. lol. It could all be misleading., but I think Dnay is destined to lose one of her dragons and even two. I find it feasible to think Cersei can take at least one out, and maybe the undead take one out too. Imagine the Night's King raising one of Dany's dragons. Oh shit.

Also, at this point what is Theon's purpose? Pretty much everyone in the show has something to do.. Theon doesn't. I am afraid he's going to end up playing a bigger part than he deserves,. Hopefully not though.

Edited by Banned4Ever

Yara was sitting in her cabin trying to fuck Elaria, meanwhile Euron is making moves lol.

Yara was sitting in her cabin trying to fuck Elaria, meanwhile Euron is making moves lol.

The former was making moves too :smug:

The spear launcher is based on the legend of the Dornish killing one of Aegon's dragons (I believe it was Miraxes, who his more beloved sister-wive rode) by hitting it in the eye with a spear as it tried to fly over the Dornish mountains. The spear that killed that dragon had to hit it right in the eye socket to get through the skull effectively.

Either Balerion's skull is weakened or dragons are WAY less OP than the book lore would let us believe. I'm gonna bet on Cersei's hand being trumped by the power of the dragons.

Remember, Aegon didn't take Westeros with Westerosi, Dothraki, Unsullied, and three dragons. He did it solely with dragons. The power of dragons annihilated the entirety of the old Reach house in King Mern and his family. The family that took over after that house died was Tyrell.

Let's say Cersei hits one and kills it.

It certainly won't be Dae's most powerful dragon. It'll be a weaker one that just gets caught by a fluke spear.

As for Euron annihilating the Yara fleet.

Euron was already setting out to go find something from King's Landing. He's legitimately the greatest captain to ever sail the seas, if we're to believe the stories. It's not hard to guess that Euron would crush an inexperienced captain in Yara, and someone who has rarely ever sailed IIRC in Theon. Remember, Yara didn't take that much of a part in reaving, and Theon was in Winterfell most of his life.

Btw I don't think that battle was at dragonstone. As far as I could tell it was out at sea.

TL;DR Dragons still torch the fuck out of King's Landing and Jon mines dragonglass all the same.

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

Also, at this point what is Theon's purpose? Pretty much everyone in the show has something to do.. Theon doesn't. I am afraid he's going to end up playing a bigger part than he deserves,. Hopefully not though.

THIS. Credit to Alfie Allen for good acting but I cannot stand any scene with Theon at this point. I don't really get his purpose anymore, hopefully he dies at sea.

Theon is gonna run back to winterfell because he realizes that he was never a greyjoy, because greyjoys are stupid cunts, and he at least has a shred of survival instinct hahaha.

The spear launcher is based on the legend of the Dornish killing one of Aegon's dragons (I believe it was Miraxes, who his more beloved sister-wive rode) by hitting it in the eye with a spear as it tried to fly over the Dornish mountains. The spear that killed that dragon had to hit it right in the eye socket to get through the skull effectively.

Either Balerion's skull is weakened or dragons are WAY less OP than the book lore would let us believe. I'm gonna bet on Cersei's hand being trumped by the power of the dragons.

Remember, Aegon didn't take Westeros with Westerosi, Dothraki, Unsullied, and three dragons. He did it solely with dragons. The power of dragons annihilated the entirety of the old Reach house in King Mern and his family. The family that took over after that house died was Tyrell.

Let's say Cersei hits one and kills it.

It certainly won't be Dae's most powerful dragon. It'll be a weaker one that just gets caught by a fluke spear.

As for Euron annihilating the Yara fleet.

Euron was already setting out to go find something from King's Landing. He's legitimately the greatest captain to ever sail the seas, if we're to believe the stories. It's not hard to guess that Euron would crush an inexperienced captain in Yara, and someone who has rarely ever sailed IIRC in Theon. Remember, Yara didn't take that much of a part in reaving, and Theon was in Winterfell most of his life.

Btw I don't think that battle was at dragonstone. As far as I could tell it was out at sea.

TL;DR Dragons still torch the fuck out of King's Landing and Jon mines dragonglass all the same.

It was my understanding that this scorpion is bigger, better, and stronger than the ones that were used by the Dornish. I may be wrong though, Dany and her babies may fly up to Kings Landing and the arrows bounce right off, idk. Lol

Dany basically conquered Slaver's Bay with Dragons almost exclusively and most of that was before they were even big. They can be killed of course but how many of those scorpion's do they have? I imagine it would be hard to hit them. That one giant with the bow and arrow would have a way better shot because he can actually aim the fucking thing and hit a moving target. Cercie will have to lead them into a trap, which again, will not be that easy. Dragon's are smart.

I concur with Favre's assessment. Dany is going to lose two dragons. One to Cersei, and one to the Walkers, and my money is actually on all three going down, and Dany herself having to kill one of them.

The theory is that the Night King has a dragon of his own, btw, that is slumbering under the Wall.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Man, I never thought about Dany's dragons becoming part of the zombie army. When/If that happens, that's game over, isn't it?

The Night King might get one or even two but imo there is no way anyone else does.

I concur with Favre's assessment. Dany is going to lose two dragons. One to Cersei, and one to the Night's Watch, and my money is actually on all three going down, and Dany herself having to kill one of them.

The theory is that the Night King has a dragon of his own, btw, that is slumbering under the Wall.

Now that is interesting.

Re: Sean and Slaver's Bay.. that's true but they also weren't nearly as prepared as Cersei and Qyburn are going to be -- they have more time, more resources, and more cunning to get something done. I guess just in my mind, I don't see why they would do all this work to make it SEEM like Cersei has a plan for the dragons if literally nothing happens but they make fools of themselves. I mean, it could turn out that way, but I will be pretty disappointed if it does. Cersei has to at least quasi-maim one of the dragons, otherwise I think they wasted a lot of airtime.. lol.

And don't forget, Dany had Rhaegal and Viserion locked chained up for a long while, which stunted their growth.. So while they can definitely do some damage, they are weaker than they should be....

Y'all are a bunch of nerds.

Y'all are a bunch of nerds.

Nerd with us, vinny.

I'm not really sure that means much... I mean the Stag is still on Kings Landing... is Robert being risen from the dead to reclaim the throne ? Lmao.

Could be though, there was a reference to waves freezing over or something wasn't there ?

Cersie is a Boratheon technically and her children being Bastard's is a rumor still.

Showrunners confirmed there is a Nymeria superpack, which we probably could have guessed by the scene last week and by the fact that GRR Martin has been hinting at it for a while too.

I thought it was already confirmed in the books, actually.

As far as the White Walkers getting past the Wall, the Night King has found the Horn of Winter IMO.

And it will obliterate the wall. So there will be no wall for them to get past, lol.

Edited by Thanatos

saw this idea on a youtube video so I'll bring it here. Power rankings of fighters in the show/books. Gonna go with people who were alive in the time line that the show is in though to make it a little easier.

1. Baristan Selmy

2. Oberyn Martel

3. The Mountain

4. Drogo

5. Daario Naharis

6. Bronn

7. The Halfhand

8. Jaimie (both hands)

9. Brienne

10. The Hound

11. Syrio Forrel

12. Jorah Mormont

13. Mance Rayder

14. Tormond

15. Jon Snow (could definitely end up being higher on this list by the end)

16. Grey Worm

18. Euron Greyjoy (just started the 4th book so he might be too low)

19. Thoros

20. Strong Belwas

21. Great Jon Umber

22. Small Jon Umber

23. Ramsey Bolton

24. Stannis Boratheon

25. Meera Reed

Edited by seanbrock

Putting Oberyn above The Mountain is a little odd.

Oberyn beat the Mountain, he just showboated and didn't finish him because he wanted a confession.