Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2016 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Erm well now any chance I can take a team?

Wouldn't be a draft with out me....

You can take the Redskins

• Upvote 1

You can take the Redskins

Thanks Born.

If you're all cool with that? Then I'm in

I really like Fart's pick, the Saints letting go the long-time Colston...and trading Kenny Stills....and trading Jimmy G.....the receiving corps is very depleted. The top wideout at a bargain in the draft and a strong need.

• Upvote 1

Erm well now any chance I can take a team?

Wouldn't be a draft with out me....

Well it's already too late to trade 3/4s of your draft picks to get Buckner... :lol:

Well it's already too late to trade 3/4s of your draft picks to get Buckner... :lol:

Says who? :smug:

Vin and Razor taking fucking Ogbah and Floyd then Campin wipes the floor with Spence at #19. :cigar: Beat that ass Camp

• Upvote 1

Spence is trash in the run game. Can barely hold his ground, and he lacks the length to dominate on the edge in the league.

Floyd is 10x more explosive and 5x more flexible where as Spence is a little stiff.

Ogbah also has incredible size and better hand technique than Spence. If you are talking about getting after the QB then Ogbah beats out Spence, not to mention Ogbah has better run stopping ability which he will only get better at.

Ogbah from what I saw gets absolutely demolished when trying to rush the passer. Was getting bullied by some pretty mediocre competition at tackle. Also had trouble getting off blockers to get the ball-carrier. In general didn't seem like a hustle player on tape.

Floyd just never stood out in the slightest. Dude looked like he was going half the speed of the rest of the guys on the field. Didn't have the explosiveness you're talking about when I watched him. Couldn't get past blockers. Seemed very average in the run game as well.

Even though Spence played against easier competition he absolutely shredded on his way to the quarterback. Consistently broke double teams and sprinted the QB down. In the run game I'd say he's not as big of an anchor as Ogbah but he's much more likely to make a play on the ball carrier. The only thing dragging Spence down IMO is his off the field issues. On the field he's probably the best pure pass rusher of the draft.

Edited by Chernobyl426

You talking about a guy that had a sack in almost every game this year in Ogbah. Watch him against Baylor or Oklahoma. He is raw and needs to develop more, but has way more tools than Spence.

And not sure what you are watching on Floyd that you see him moving half-speed. Watch him against Auburn. I gave him the highest rating in his get-off. He is average in the run game, but this is a guy who has a very light frame and will get bigger. Not to mention he played half the time as a stand up LB...that is athleticism and talent.

Spence I have to disagree. I seen double teams put him 10yds down the field and that's not even D-1 competition. And his pass rush is mostly about speed. his body lean and flexibility is average. He has long arms, but being 6'2 isn't going to be easy getting around the edge in the league.

Edited by butta54

Spence would be great as a 3-4 OLB. He is pretty bad at setting the edge, and is garbage against the run, but I agree with Chern about his pass rushing ability. IDK about best pure rusher, but I certainly think he's better then Ogbah,..

Like the Lawson pick, Dmac. I was thinking about him for Dolphins too :yep:

He was the default pick after ATL decided to be an asshole and grab Ragland

Spence would be great as a 3-4 OLB. He is pretty bad at setting the edge, and is garbage against the run, but I agree with Chern about his pass rushing ability. IDK about best pure rusher, but I certainly think he's better then Ogbah,..

I think the only guy with an argument as a better pure pass rusher is Nkemdiche and he's not as consistent as Spence. Talent-wise I'd probably say Nkemdiche is better but he just doesn't show it as well.

Ogbah probably would do best packing on weight and transitioning to 3-4 DE. He's not quick enough to get around the edge and actually have an impact trying to get to the QB on a consistent basis. One sack every game is a very misleading stat. It's not about what he does once a game, it's about what he does play to play. He's a decent run-stuffer and I think that's what he needs to build his game around.

Idk about that. I think what you see from Spence on tape is very misleading. Ogbah is absolutely better as a 4-3 DE, his get-off is inconsistent, but he flashed great explosion which usually means his slower get off is something to do with scheme. But when he has had a chance to pin his ears back and go he has shown the speed to get around the corner. Especially if he is a LE going against the slower RTs of the league. On top of that he ran a 4.63 which probably confirms what I suspected about scheme dictating him not over-penetrating.

• Upvote 1

Idk about that. I think what you see from Spence on tape is very misleading. Ogbah is absolutely better as a 4-3 DE, his get-off is inconsistent, but he flashed great explosion which usually means his slower get off is something to do with scheme. But when he has had a chance to pin his ears back and go he has shown the speed to get around the corner. Especially if he is a LE going against the slower RTs of the league. On top of that he ran a 4.63 which probably confirms what I suspected about scheme dictating him not over-penetrating.

Fair enough. He seemed to be hesitant about going after the QB. He seemed to get bullied by the LTs he went up against in the tape I watched though. Gets stood up too easy.

Yup, drafted him for Rex's 3-4 Bills :yep: and I almost took Ragland before Charles did instead of Rankins as well. Ragland and Decker were in play on that pick.

Edited by CampinWithShaddyWarbucks

tumblr_nrdwqeoGfC1uzkeboo1_500.gif

Anthony Barr (Sam) Eric Kendricks (Mike) Darron Lee (Will)

:clap:

• Upvote 1

Bengals trade:

Eagles trade:

Edited by Chernobyl426

Trade: BC -> Butta55

:Seahawks: receive: #25 overall

:Steelers: receiver: #26 overall + Seattle 5th round compensatory pick