Bangy

2016 Baseball Thread

Kinda sad cunt that we traded Frazier and more for Miller. But if we manage to win the WS, I guess it will be worth.

Lucroy wouldve been a great add. We still need to find at least a better back up catcher. Fucking Perez is like 1-22 on the year and that one hit he got thrown out at 2nd base.

lol Yankees lost 2/3 of that filthy pen. Miller is probably the best of the 3 IMO.

Holy shit.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-jose-fernandez-killed-boating-accident-sunday-game-braves-canceled-20160925-story.html

Marlins ace Jose Fernandez died in a boating accident early Sunday morning, a source confirmed to the Sun Sentinel.

The team, in a statement confirming Fernandez's death, canceled its home game Sunday against the Atlanta Braves.

“The Miami Marlins organization is devastated by the tragic loss of José Fernández,” the statement said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very difficult time.”

Andy Slater of 940-AM WINZ was first to report Fernandez’s death.

:(

https://twitter.com/iamjoonlee/status/780037200994000896

Life kinda sucks sometimes.

Edited by Vin

Wow. :(

Has a baseball career as promising as Jose's was, ever been ended this soon by death? I know that Angels pitcher died a while back. But Jose was well on his way to a HOF career.

I wouldn't think so.

This would be like Antonio Brown dying or something. Jesus. :(

Does he deserve the Gale Sayers treatment when it comes to the HOF? Sayers stats weren't really HOF worthy. He was mostly inducted for what could have been.

I don't know. As sad as it is I've never liked the idea of putting someone in based on what could have been (although I completely agree he would've done it). At the same time I would completely understand if they did it. Maybe they can honor him with some sort of memorial at the HOF but not actually elect him to the HOF?

In other news, Indians are one win away from clinching the AL Central. Hopefully they just get it done and out of the way tonight in Detroit with Kluber on the mound.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I don't know. As sad as it is I've never liked the idea of putting someone in based on what could have been (although I completely agree he would've done it). At the same time I would completely understand if they did it. Maybe they can honor him with some sort of memorial at the HOF but not actually elect him to the HOF?

In other news, Indians are one win away from clinching the AL Central. Hopefully they just get it done and out of the way tonight in Detroit with Kluber on the mound.

Indians now need to focus on the #1 seed. We have a decent shot at it. But tonight looks like an L already.

Indians now need to focus on the #1 seed. We have a decent shot at it. But tonight looks like an L already.

We didn't play any of our starters last night. I think Terry is content with where we are. Truth is, it'll be hard to pass Texas and Boston as we have to have a better record than them (they both have the tiebreaker over us). Not to say we should not try to win but I don't think we're stressing about getting #1.

We didn't play any of our starters last night. I think Terry is content with where we are. Truth is, it'll be hard to pass Texas and Boston as we have to have a better record than them (they both have the tiebreaker over us). Not to say we should not try to win but I don't think we're stressing about getting #1.

Well Kluber is now hurt and out 7-10 days :notamused:

Well Kluber is now hurt and out 7-10 days :notamused:

Still in line to start Game 1 or Game 2 of the ALDS.

Sucks we might have to play a game on Monday because it might have playoff implications for Detroit...

Edited by JetsFan4Life

The Braves might suck...

But the past 50 or so games we have been a ball club that has put forth some effort and been playing .500 ball despite having a brutal pitching staff giving up the highest ERA in the majors.

Our offense and pitching have reversed roles and hopefully next season they can balance each other out. We have good prospects all around. Give it a few years and we will be back in contention.

The firing of Fredi G should have been done years upon years ago.

There's potential for a three way tie in both wild card races, I'm really hoping that at least one of those happens because that many play in games would be hilarious

Edited by oochymp

The Blue Jays are going with Stroman against the O's. Surprising considering his struggles against them this season.

I'm worried about the poor offense and bullpen issues. We can't afford to just sit on 1-3 runs and expect the pitching to carry us, especially with blown leads as of late.

Edited by BigBen07

Great. The AL WC game is on TBS... so I need a stream. Fucking garbage.

(editing here to avoid a triple post)

HOLY shit... my mind is STILL racing...

That was a hell of a game last night. Great pitching, defense and timely hitting. And Edwin with the walk off home run! :rock:

The only major negative thing is that fucking douche of a fan who threw that drink on the field. Hopefully this person is found and is banned from the stadium. That's two years in a row now something like this happened.

Now on to Texas for the ALDS. This is going to be interesting. Estrada gets the game 1 start, Happ game 2, Sanchez game 3 and Stroman in game 4 if it's necessary. (Which I hope not :D )

And for tonight, go Mets!

Edited by BigBen07

Great win last night. Going to be rough today though. Really killed the bullpen

Well so far Price's struggles in the playoffs are continuing. 4-0 Indians.

Jays up 2-0!!! Darvish was rocked!

This game got a little tense at the end there. But Osuna pulled through for the save!

I really hope Liriano is OK. Took a nasty shot off his neck :(

lolPrice

LMFAO RANGERS! BLUE JAYS ARE ALCS BOUND!

And how fitting is it that the same guy (Odor) who punched out Jose tosses the series away :lol:

"Rather be punched out in May than be knocked out in October" :dying:

EDIT: http://imgur.com/WOqtdez :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 1