Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Louisiana passes "Blue Lives Matter" law

For the billionth time, people need to understand that there is an actual organization called Black Lives Matter based on a movement . It's an organization with, real people, real chapters, real laws, and real values, real guiding principles that are laid out in black and white on a site, that any of you can freely visit. That were found by three queer back women and that continues to fight for the equality of blacks through peaceful change (Again, highlighted on their website and all their social media sites).

And yea, I support the organization, but they are disorganized, and frankly, very messy when it comes to properly planning gathers, etc.

Regardless, this organization sets up hundreds of PEACEFUL protests every year since they have been created, and these are considered *official* protests, that the organization stands behind. In these protests and marches, *peace* is stressed and violence is condemned via official statements by their social medias, etc. Black Lives Matter are not a hate group. Period. This is not, and shouldn't be a point to argue. It's beyond ridiculous, and arguably oppressive in nature especially within the framework of America and the racism embedded in it's DNA to call this group a hate group and compare it to KKK and groups alike. The New Black Panther Party is a hate group, with clear anti-white rhetoric, there's a difference.

Then there's #Blacklivematter, which is the greater movement and the hashtag, which was also created by the same three women along with the organization. This is a general phrase used by any and all blacks or people who stand in solidarity with black folks.

​Just because a black person, or a group of black people come together and yell "black lives matter!", it doesn't mean they are representing the organization, it simply means that they agree with the general premise of the saying, which is that in America, Black lives don't matter as much as whites. It's unfair to the group and all the work they do to blame them for it.

​Likewise, if an actual protest by BLM is happening and some black guy, or group of black people join the protest and act out, there's no logic behind faulting the organization for it, like they are the ones who asked these people to turn things violent. These people are acting alone and don't represent the principles of the organization.

This is no different then the actual religion of Islam, and the deranged people who hijack the religion and use it as an excuse to do messed up things. These people do not represent the faith of Islam, they are psychopaths who strawman a religion to excuse murder.

Regardless of whether anything I said actually matters or not, regardless of how violent a protest gets, there's something to be said about the reason why the protest is happening to begin with and pretending as if that's not important is part of the reason why this country has been slow to progress.

One group protests and riots because black people are disproportionately targeted by law enforcement and are the victims of a criminal justice system that was created to oppress them. Usually after an unarmed man's life is taken unnecessarily.

The other group protests because what? Fake oppression?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 2

Yeah he needs to be fired.I think he was most likely joking, but the stupidity of it all is astounding.

If he wasnt joking, then good god. You can't really jail him, but he needs to be fired either way.

WTF? Still on patrol?! He should be given paid vacation.

WTF? Still on patrol?! He should be given paid vacation.

I mean, if they can't fire him immediately, I'd rather he be off the streets until they do.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that one.

Were there no mitigating circumstances this guy isn't talking about?

The cop literally said he was going to murder him, did so, planted a gun, and it was all caught on tape/camera, and then was declared innocent?

How?

I can't believe that one.

Were there no mitigating circumstances this guy isn't talking about?

The cop literally said he was going to murder him, did so, planted a gun, and it was all caught on tape/camera, and then was declared innocent?

How?

The DA prosecuted it as first degree murder, which is obviously not true because thats premeditated. Obviously the cop didn't wake up with a plan to kill that guy. Then, when the judge had the chance to lower the charges, he chose not to.

There was no jury because the cop waived his right to trial by jury. Funny thing is, cops tend to do that. Coincidentally, they usually know the judge and DA and work with them regularly.

He didn't wake up with a plan, no, but him saying "Im going to murder that guy" and then doing so isnt considered premeditation? How far back do you have to premeditate it in order to qualify?

Edited by Thanatos

I mean, I wouldn't have shed any tears over him being convicted of that. It just seems likely that the DA intentionally charged him with a crime thats harder to prove so he wouldn't be found guilty.

Judge and prosecutor should be out of jobs (at the very least) and that cop should be in jail. Need some sort of committee or task force to review these cases to ensure cops aren't getting favorable conditions or something. It is one thing if there is grey area or it was just an obvious mistake. This was blatantly malicious and it is murder and falsifying evidence.

That's what I thought, so how on earth does it not apply here? Something just doesn't add up.

Maybe its that the justice system doesnt punish cops, especially when they kill black people.

• Downvote 1

You have a drug dealer thief with a weapon who consistently refuses police orders, rams police cruisers (nearly hitting officers), leads police on a 90 mph car chase endangering DOZENS of lives in the process... after he crashes, he still refuses multiple police orders to get out of the car...

There was NO EVIDENCE to suggest that the officer was lying about the alleged planting of a weapon and the judge explained that logically. Take Blots' video for example, its a massive lie.. The alleged weapon that was planted was a full sized revolver, not a rifle. It was allegedly found by the officer in between the seat and middle console, and then discharged and put on the passenger seat -- not the back seat like the video shows. Idk what the hell that video is or why the guy does that, I tried googling it but can't find much, somebody else may be able to.

There is "evidence" of the officer rummaging around in a bag in his cruiser and attorneys claim this is the moment the officer pulled a gun from that bag and went and planted it... Looking at the video (as noted by the judge), you don't see a MASSIVE revolver being taken from a bag. So to believe the officer pulled a revolver from that bag to plant it is to believe he can also turn objects invisible.

Yes, his outburst saying he was going to kill him is disturbing... But if that was actual premeditation and not just an outburst due to stress and tension.. Why did he ask Smith to put his hands up and get out of the car? Doesn't make sense.

Also, Blots, without evidence saying that its likely the DA intentionally put up larger charges to get the cop off is hilarious. I'd like to see evidence of that.

The judge made the right call, according to the law, in my mind. THE LAW -- your personal emotions or thoughts on cops or opinion on racial tensions in this country mean squat.

I am not necessarily saying this cop was fit to be a cop, that he was a good cop, that he didn't deserve a lesser charge. Maybe he was a shit human being.. Maybe he was a racist... maybe he was terrible at his job.

What I do know is that he didn't handle it 100% optimally. What I do know is that Anthony Smith was a piece of shit (doesn't inherently mean he deserved to die, of course) who disobeyed police orders at every turn. The situation could have been dissolved by the officer once at the scene right before he shoots but multiple times by Anthony Smith.. Smith made the choice to run from police, Smith made the choice to ram into police during his escape (a violent and aggressive act towards police usually doesn't end well, for the record), Smith made the choice to not get out of his car.

I have no doubt that if Smith surrenders to police upon them catching him dealing heroin in that parking lot that he is not dead today, but in prison for violating his probation amongst other things. Considering that Smith refused to get out of his car with a loaded weapon right next to him, I am less sure the same result occurs if the officer doesn't shoot.

EDIT:

I'd also like to state that all of the violent BLM protestors who are harming INNOCENT police, vandalizing homes and storefronts look really ignorant. Violence isn't an answer and gives everyone who is peacefully protesting a terrible name.

Edited by Olenna4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Thank you. I'm not saying I agree with everything you're saying here, but I knew it couldn't be as straight up black and white as it was being made out to be.

There is no way a dude was caught planting evidence on film after shooting a guy and then getting off.

And yes, I can completely see someone saying he's gonna have to kill this guy after everything the dude had already pulled. You could easily argue he was just seeing the writing on the wall, that he knew this guy wasn't going to surrender.

ELwTmMS.gif

That was my reaction when you posted a video that fabricated evidence. Lmao.

You know what's also kind of ironic ... this guy, is somebody who represents the people you defend when you say black people get unjust sentencing . Yet, this young kid got caught distributing drugs with weapons charges and was off. Free to roam, given probation.... so that he could go back to selling heroin. Sweet.

Everything is a non-issue unless it effects you personally.

Everything is a non-issue unless it effects you personally.

Did the chants hurt someone? How IS it an issue ?

Thank you. I'm not saying I agree with everything you're saying here, but I knew it couldn't be as straight up black and white as it was being made out to be.

There is no way a dude was caught planting evidence on film after shooting a guy and then getting off.

And yes, I can completely see someone saying he's gonna have to kill this guy after everything the dude had already pulled. You could easily argue he was just seeing the writing on the wall, that he knew this guy wasn't going to surrender.

That's one of my issues on the topic of police brutality. I can not say how many times I have seen liberal, blm, or w/e publications post videos like this or write up articles on these videos which either are edited or conveniently exclude key context just to push their agenda.

That's one of my issues on the topic of police brutality. I can not say how many times I have seen liberal, blm, or w/e publications post videos like this or write up articles on these videos which either are edited or conveniently exclude key context just to push their agenda.

Exactly. And its dumb to do an it undermines their point.

There is most certainly an issue with police brutality in this country. You don't have to twist the facts to make every single situation one where the cop is at fault in order to claim there is a problem with police brutality, and doing so makes your overall position weaker.