RazorStar

Minnesota trades for Sam Bradford.

This is one of those moments that I legit feel like I know better than an NFL-level general manager. Feels good man.

All the thoughts that should've been brought up already have been. Even if you're doing this as an insurance policy if Teddy can't get back... what kind of insurance policy is that? :lol:

I feel like the Vikings could've went out and gotten another playmaker or trench guy to help out Shaun Hill and/or the D with those picks and been much better served both in the short term and the long.

• Upvote 2

After some time to process this knob job that Rick Spielman and the Wilf family gave to the Eagles, I am undoubtedly furious about what the Vikings gave up for a weak-armed, weak-minded bust of a #1 pick. Bradford is supposed to have this cannon for an arm...has anybody watched him in the NFL? His arm has been shot since his shoulder injury. His passes have no velocity, and take forever to get to his targets. I don't care if he can "accurately place" them. I mean, for fuck's sake, I think Teddy's passes have more velocity than Bradford's. That is not a good thing.

And you can't convince me that Minnesota couldn't have negotiated for like....20 more minutes and the Eagles would have settled for something that didn't involve a fucking first round pick. Good god. This is worse than the Herschel Walker trade, in my opinion.

Nah, the only way it could match up is if Philly drafts well and wins 3 Super Bowls.

In terms of production, Bradford is pretty much the same as what Bridgewater was last year, and he takes care of the ball about as well as anyone in the NFL(4th in the NFL in int%), so I understand the trade for Bradford. Don't understand the amount they gave up, but if they felt Bridgewater's production could get them a championship, would make sense if they thought Bradford could too.

Peter King's MMQB column (which you should all read on a weekly basis) has a great breakdown of how the trade went down between Minny and Philly.

Thursday

Roseman, 8 p.m.: I’m not even thinking about it at the game. When we talked [earlier Thursday], I said to Rick, ‘Rick, this is going to be a premium.’ It had to include their first-round pick in 2017 [Philly had traded its 2017 in a package to be able to draft rookie quarterback Carson Wentz], plus something else. I didn’t think they’d consider that. We talked about it, but I wasn’t thinking it was very serious.

Friday

Roseman, 8 a.m.: I told Rick we were in the same place. I told him he’d have to knock us over.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson has left the team to be at the bedside of his gravely ill father.

Roseman: With all the roster decisions we’re having to make, and with Doug’s family situation, I just told Rick that unless we’re talking the one in ’17 and another first high pick, it’s useless to talk.

Late in the afternoon, Spielman offers the 2017 first-round pick.

The rest: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/04/sam-bradford-trade-minnesota-vikings-philadelphia-eagles-nfl

Edited by SteVo

Yeah, they're such good buddies, one fleecing the other.

He had the same injury that David Givens had. After that injury he couldn't walk right for years. That injury ended his career. I feel Teddy won't be back if they traded those high picks. Or at least not be back for a couple of seasons.

If Bradford can stay healthy, I'd like to see how this QB situation develops. Bridgewater can't be sitting easy right now after last nights game. I've always been an advocate for Bradford even during his Rams days. I always felt he was a victim of terrible team circumstances and bad luck with injuries. I've always felt as though he was capable of producing in this league. If he is able to stay healthy and play like he did last night, that deal would well be worth it. At this point, he can either prove a lot of nay sayers wrong or prove them right. I will be interested to see this play out. It's now or never Sammy.

Edited by Dutch