Vin

Panthers (-3) @ Broncos

I couldn't find any game previews.

I don't know what to do.

Panthers are gonna win, but I think I'd the Broncos to win, but I'm not sure.

Happy football.

:panthers: 31-14 against mediocre Semen and CJ.

Edited by 7-9

If the panthers score 30+ I'll pay pal you 5 dollars.

24-17 :Broncos:

Edited by theMileHighGuy

If the panthers score 30+ I'll pay pal you 5 dollars.

24-17 :Broncos:

I'm anticipating at least one pick six if not two. :p

Football is back, don't care who wins all that much. Thinking the Panthers do a little damage. Who knows.

:NFL:

Broncos declared RG Ty Sambrailo, QB Austin Davis, TE Jeff Heuerman, WR Bennie Fowler, DB Lorenzo Doss, OL Connor McGovern and DL Kyle Peko inactive for Week 1 against the Panthers.

Battling an elbow injury, Sambrailo has resumed practicing but isn't yet in game shape. He's week to week and questionable for Week 2. Michael Schofield should start in his absence against Carolina.

Cameron Artis-Payne is inactive for Week 1 against the Broncos.

Artis-Payne is a healthy scratch, meaning he's a bit farther down on the depth chart than realized. Were Jonathan Stewart ever to go down with injury, CAP would form a committee with Mike Tolbert and Fozzy Whittaker, but apparently he wouldn't necessarily lead it.
Also inactive for the Panthers are WR Brenton Bersin, WR Damiere Byrd, S Dean Marlowe, LB Jared Norris, OL Tyler Larsen and DE Lavar Edwards.

Siemien gonna get jerked off by media but did exact same thing Peyton did last year. Mediocre dump offs and a great defense win the game.

Edited by 7-9

Helps to have a kicker who can't kick a 50 yarder in Mile High.

Siemian was noticeably better than Peyton was last year. Denver moved the ball really well but shot themselves in the foot 3 times. That's not going to happen against most teams.

I have to give credit to Gary Kubiak for taking chances in order to give his young QB some confidence. Had Kony Ealy not made a great play on first and goal, Siemian has 2 TD passes tonight. Most coaches think "just get the score" in this situation but Kubiak gave his QB a chance to build momentum but it was taken away by a great defensive play.

That Denver defense, even without Jackson and Trevathan...goddamn.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Denver defense gave up what should have been the game winning FG drive, as well as a 90 yard TD drive and then a FG drive at the end of the half with no timeouts and less than 2 minutes.

Denver just constantly gets to play teams that shoot themselves in the foot over and over.

Siemian looked great. He's played 14 college games and 0 NFL experience prior to this game. He was calm and poised and wasn't afraid to use his athleticism. He did things Manning wouldn't have had a chance of doing... like the screen pass TD to CJ where he was totally under fire.

The defense was alright but it's obvious that we were missing Malik Jackson in the run game for sure. Carolina did a really good job taking Von out of the game for the most part too.

Denver defense gave up what should have been the game winning FG drive, as well as a 90 yard TD drive and then a FG drive at the end of the half with no timeouts and less than 2 minutes.

Denver just constantly gets to play teams that shoot themselves in the foot over and over.

Constantly? When something happens over and over something is usually the cause.

Usually. Not in this case. Denver did nothing to force a missed FG, there was no pressure, no block, nothing. Just a somewhat high snap done by Carolina. If they tip it, or get in his face, or put some sort of pressure on him, then yeah, that's a forced error. This was unforced.

Denver has a fantastic D. They force a lot of errors. You can't give them unforced ones to go along with it. And despite everything Denver's D did, if Gano could just hit a 50 yard FG in Mile High air, they lose.

Edited by Thanatos

Usually. Not in this case. Denver did nothing to force a missed FG, there was no pressure, no block, nothing. Just a somewhat high snap done by Carolina. If they tip it, or get in his face, or put some sort of pressure on him, then yeah, that's a forced error. This was unforced.

Denver has a fantastic D. They force a lot of errors. You can't give them unforced ones to go along with it. And despite everything Denver's D did, if Gano could just hit a 50 yard FG in Mile High air, they lose.

Definitely in this game. But that quote was suggesting that it happens all the time and that's the only reason we win any games.

Not the only reason, for sure. It is one of the main reasons why Denver won a bunch of close games last year instead of splitting them 50-50 as stats say you normally do though.

Also, this shit is fucking ridiculous.

Mn1z9Ld.jpg

The Brandon Marshall one is particularly egregious. He launches, leaves his feet, and leads with his helmet. Besides the Von hit in the middle of the pocket- which technically is still a PF-those are all blatant PFs and only the last one is called. Panthers need to raise hell with the league about letting people take these shots at Cam's head. You don't get to hit him like that just because he's a big guy.

Edited by Thanatos

Really don't get the Sieman love. Idk, we have some shitty corners and no WR went over 50 yards? And he threw two INTs?

I mean, if you're going with the caveat "It was his first game" then sure, he did some positive things. Lot of negative there as well though.

Did he even attempt a pass over 20 yards the entire game? I think a large part of why the Broncos offense struggled was they decided to play short game when Panthers have a loaded front seven. If you air it out deep you're gonna beat up on those corners and safeties. James Bradberry can't cover DT or Sanders.

8owskFU.gif

Eat a dick. Watch the fucking game and apply your metric sheet to Siemian. Poised and confident. Gary Kubiak called a conservative game with a green QB? NO WAY.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eat a dick. Watch the fucking game and apply your metric sheet to Siemian. Poised and confident. Gary Kubiak called a conservative game with a green QB? NO WAY.

I did watch the fucking game. Siemien was mediocre.

• Upvote 1

you know maybe if Denver's offense didn't shoot themselves in the foot over and over, a field goal would not have decided it

Edited by BJABY
  • Upvote 1

Siemian's arm strength is fine. I think Kubiak avoided Kurt Coleman with all these short passes. He was by no means great at QB but the difference between him and last year's Peyton was night and day. This was plenty good for a first NFL start but Denver absolutely has to let him throw downfield.

As a neutral fan and casual observer last night, I think Siemian was just OK. Turning the ball over twice against a team like the Panthers is usually going to lead to a loss, so I give him a C grade for his first game. But I will say this: if he improves at ALL over the course of the season, Denver is going to be fucking scary and might be the first time in a while to repeat.

My analysis.

One.

Harambe in his first ever meaningful NFL snaps looked very poised and confident, got rustled by pressure a few times but he was taking some heat at some times and fared well.

Two.

Both these teams are beatable. Neither one is really impressive, the Panthers defense looks pretty meh, and so does the Broncos except for third down situations. Denver's defense was getting ripped apart on misdirections and simple gap control. That's a discipline/experience thing and you could really see the Broncos missed Trevathan and Malik. Especially Malik, the Broncos generated very little interior pressure and allowed the Panthers to get to the second level on numerous runs.

Three.

Denver's offensive line has also improved. With Okung and Stephenson...It changes things up. Okung did very well in my opinion and Carolina's front 7 was getting after it, but their secondary is hideous. Missed tackles bad reads...it was all over the place.

Four.

Graham Gano is not a good kicker under pressure. I dunno why FG kickers do this but they know a TO is coming and still kick the worthless FG anyway. To me, that should be a penalty. I'm aware the guy missed it on the second try, but you're pretty much ok'ing a warmup kick.

Five.

The rule change that two unsportmanlike conducts is an automatic ejection is BULLSHIT. Taunting? Yeah that's going to get ugly in the season with dickbag refs. Unsportsmanlike is extremely subjective and the game in and of itself is going to get ugly sometimes. If you're going to throw people out for being in an absolute dogfight for 60 mins (esp in the trenches) you are just taking away/ruining the game more.

• Upvote 2