Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Yeah, there have been multiple reports done with very similar cost estimates as this one so I dont really buy rhetoric of the other side that this is only looking bad because its partially funded by the Koch Brothers.

Bernies people have never done a cost analysis themselves and I think theres an easy reason as to why that hasnt happened.

But youre totally right abot costs overall, weve had that discussion previously. Needs to be put into check.

I'm against paying doctors less money lol.

Doctors deserve every cent they make. It's medical insurance that is way out of hand.

Trump has completely fucked our relations with Iran. I think it's at the behest of Israel, not Putin and Russia. This is irrefutable proof that we need campaign finance reform. What Trump is doing isn't unprecedented imo, just very sloppy. I want progressives to turn this Russia narrative into ammunition to get money out of politics. That would be enormously popular and if you ran on that you would win elections. Force the issues into the conversation. Instead I fear that most elected Democrats will be competing for who can be the most hawkish in regards to Russia. Not good. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

Edited by seanbrock

Trump has completely fucked our relations with Iran. I think it's at the behest of Israel, not Putin and Russia. This is irrefutable proof that we need campaign finance reform. What Trump is doing isn't unprecedented imo, just very sloppy. I want progressives to turn this Russia narrative into ammunition to get money out of politics. That would be enormously popular and if you ran on that you would win elections. Force the issues into the conversation. Instead I fear that most elected Democrats will be competing for who can be the most hawkish in regards to Russia. Not good. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

So this is a serious question man. What is your beef with Democrats? I have read your statements, and God knows I agree with you, I'm no fan of the democratic party myself. however, it seems that you give that party an inordinate amount of attention, when they are just as evil as their counterparts.

All the problems facing us today are a direct result of the two-party system, and to a more significant degree gerrymandering. Again you're not going to get any argument out of me that we need campaign reform, and definitely need to eliminate the overwhelming majority of campaign Finance. I think they should all be given an equal amount of money, and that's what you get. No more packs, no more Super Pacs, and really bite this lobbying thing in the butt.

I'm not trying to argue with you, because I think your point is entirely valid, except for that our relations with Iran is at the behest of Israel. To be fair we've never really had great relations with Iran, so I don't think Israel is all of the sudden telling us how to dictate our foreign policy with Iran. It's been terrible going back decades. That said, everything else you said is on point, I just wonder why Republicans don't try as much IR from you as Democrats? And again, I'm not questioning which party you belong to come where your political beliefs, I'm just wondering why that is?

Doctors deserve every cent they make. It's medical insurance that is way out of hand.

I think that was tongue-in-cheek since his wife is a doctor, IIRC. :p

• Upvote 1

If you look at policy overall, Trump has really went out of his way to make sure were strengthening our relationship with Israel. A lot of Trumps people are major zionists.

I think that was tongue-in-cheek since his wife is a doctor, IIRC. :p

That and I read it wrong. Or he edited it. Not sure.

Why? So one of the leading donators to gun safety classes, hunters safety, conservation of wildlife,national parks, and forestry and wetlands, can go out...

Pass.

Contrary to popular belief the NRA doesn't kill people. Rest assured they will go nowhere, a LOT of their big donors donated. I just put a substantial sum in them to make sure I do my part as well as a lot of business owners.

People saying the NRA is responsible for gun deaths are the same kind of people who say planned Parenthood mass murder children.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because they've purchased enough of our representatives to ensure that American policies on the topic do not follow public opinion. When the voters go to vote on those representatives that are ignoring public opinion, the NRA and Co (AFP, Heritage, etc) run ads unrelated to the issue in an attempt to keep the rep in office. If they aren't successful, they just buy the next guy.

This is not the case with Planned Parenthood, where public opinion is indeed on PP's side.

• Upvote 1

Not really. 52 percent support access to guns over restrictions to them according to the pre research center as of 3 or 4 years ago. And 55 percent support PP according to the same people so we can infer that there are similar methodologies used and Gathering their data. So in reality the NRA is not anymore, or less, popular than planned parenthood.

Rand Paul is full of shit. He says a lot of things that I love and that I feel need to be said but whenever it comes down to vote time the guy falls right in line.

Rand Paul is full of shit. He says a lot of things that I love and that I feel need to be said but whenever it comes down to vote time the guy falls right in line.

He is like the republican version of Hillary...will say anything to get votes

I think youre describing a large majority of every politician ever. Politicians actually fighting for the things they run on isnt the norm.

There was an article I read quite a while ago, bt it goes into that issue. In a campaign the promises and rhetoric starts really broad to appeal to the largest amount of people. As their opponents drop out, as they gain supporters... the voters they are trying to reach becomes smaller and more defined politicians will then make their stances more specific and pointed to try to reach this smaller target group of voters.

There were actually a bunch of examples of politicians in that transition period flipping almost 180 degrees on some positions within the same campaign run and within only a month or so of their previous stance.

Because they've purchased enough of our representatives to ensure that American policies on the topic do not follow public opinion. When the voters go to vote on those representatives that are ignoring public opinion, the NRA and Co (AFP, Heritage, etc) run ads unrelated to the issue in an attempt to keep the rep in office. If they aren't successful, they just buy the next guy.

This is not the case with Planned Parenthood, where public opinion is indeed on PP's side.

Can you honestly say that you think our policies should follow public opinion when you look around and listen to all these idiots in the media and regular old citizens on social media blathering on and on about issues they don't really understand?

If we can somehow get through this period of utter mindlessness without severe consequences in terms of rights, we'll be very, very lucky.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I think youre describing a large majority of every politician ever. Politicians actually fighting for the things they run on isnt the norm.

There was an article I read quite a while ago, bt it goes into that issue. In a campaign the promises and rhetoric starts really broad to appeal to the largest amount of people. As their opponents drop out, as they gain supporters... the voters they are trying to reach becomes smaller and more defined politicians will then make their stances more specific and pointed to try to reach this smaller target group of voters.

There were actually a bunch of examples of politicians in that transition period flipping almost 180 degrees on some positions within the same campaign run and within only a month or so of their previous stance.

Him being different from a large majority of politicians is what makes him appealing.

:rofl:

Mueller's gonna be like, "Yeah, I don't need that interview anymore, I got everything I need out of twitter."

Also thanks for making me laugh, guys. Defending the NRA as promoters of safety and conservation, haha. Maybe twenty years ago, not today. They need to go, and anything that helps that along is welcome news. The sooner the NRA goes away, the better off this country will be.

Not sure where Ngata's getting his numbers, the polls I'm seeing show upwards of 60% that thinks more guns = less safe country, 65% that think the gun control laws should be stricter, and a net unfavorable rating of the NRA itself at 56-40 against. From the Pew Research Center. Even NRA members themselves thinks the upper leadership is wrong on several measure of gun control- 70-80% of the them think we should have stricter background checks. That's 70-80% of registered NRA members, not the general populace at large.

Bware's argument is particularly amazing. So the NRA buying off our politicians is a GOOD thing, because we shouldn't follow what the majority of the people want, instead we should follow what the people in charge of the NRA who use their money to buy off politicians want.

Edited by Thanatos

Not really. 52 percent support access to guns over restrictions to them according to the pre research center as of 3 or 4 years ago. And 55 percent support PP according to the same people so we can infer that there are similar methodologies used and Gathering their data. So in reality the NRA is not anymore, or less, popular than planned parenthood.

Polling consistently shows that the public overwhelmingly supports tightening regulations on background checks for firearm sales (always over 80% and often over 90), yet congress continues to sit on its hands.

Sure, I mean making them harder to get and making it harder for shitty people to get them is something we can all agree on.

That said an outright ban on most guns or restricting people from them based on arbitrary criteria by people with no knowledge of what they are talking is something most people resist.

Good thing trying to outright ban guns is nothing but a strawman argument brought up by the NRA to scare people into supporting them, then.

• Upvote 1

Fun fact: the NRA isn't a gun-rights organization, they're a gun manufacturer lobby. Their goal is to get regulation that leads to more guns being sold, nothing else.