Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I'm sure there was fuckery on both sides and I'm sure his administration was/is chummy with Russia and I'm sure they did hack during the election, but I guarantee you Trump loses and by a fucking landslide if he ran against Obama. We have our hands in A LOT of elections lol. I wouldn't be surprised if any number of countries weren't hacking us and aren't trying to every day as we are to them. Show me the proof of where the Russians won Trump the election. I don't think Trump is a Manchurian Candidate, I just think that he has a lot of corrupt business ties with Russia. Yeah, that's not good, but no matter who was running we were getting that unless it was like Sanders or Stein or something. Honestly, I'm just happy not to be going to war with Russia because it was looking like something serious might have been about to happen. I think this whole Russia thing is just the democrats way of distracting people from how much they fucking suck and it's not working but maybe after 4 years it will, idk.

Sean's response to anything trump does is basically, "FAKE NEWS!" or "But Hillary!" Maybe he can replace Spicer when he's fired.

I just am not for jumping to conclusions on shit that might not be there. If you want to talk about Trump being a shitty business man and not paying his workers, great. If you want to talk about him picking shitty supreme court justices or cabinet members, I'm all for it and I agree with you. I just think all of this shit is a huge reach until we see some actual proof. This just feels like fear mongering tactics. There is so much shit to trash Trump on. I'd rather talk about why he was working with this Manafort guy who was running ponzy schemes.

How many "coincidental" connections to Russia does it take before you start to think there might be something going on there?

How many "coincidental" connections to Russia does it take before you start to think there might be something going on there?

Why does it only matter when it's Trump? Our government, and the heads of our government are so intertwined with other governments around the world that stuff like this isn't new. No, it doesn't make it right or less bad... but shit like this has been going on forever. I do think that should change.

And to Sean's point , I don't think whatever they did, actually tilted the election in any way. I also like that these illegal hacks unveiled other illegal activities and corruption within our own government and politics system -- but people only care about Russia.

Anytime something big happens, they always try diverting your attention.

• Upvote 1

Kissing ass is hard work, Blots

Someone explain this to me...

For 7 years, the top priority for Republicans has been getting rid of Obamacare. That's all they've really wanted, is to just get rid of Obamacare, and everything will be fine.

Now, they have the Presidency, the House, and the Senate...and they can't get it done? What a fucking shitshow of a party. Can we just let the Republican Party collapse already?

• Upvote 1

If RyanCare passing would've counted as them getting it done, count me amongst those who are glad that they are inept.

• Upvote 1

Drain the swamp though, right?

If RyanCare passing would've counted as them getting it done, count me amongst those who are glad that they are inept.

That's also my point (somewhat). After 7 years, this is the best alternative they come up with?

The affordable care act was ALWAYS a republican idea lol. Nixon and Dole both preposed basically the same thing. That's why they can't prepose an alternative because they already basically got everything they wanted and now the corporate shills want to push it further and make it even more of a cash grab for the 1%. People always touted how many more people are covered under "Obamacare" which is technically true but what is covered?A lot of people that have insurance still can't afford care (ironic isn't it?). If forcing people to buy health care from insurance companies with zero consumer protection against price gauging and coverage slashing and zero pharma regulations is liberal then then so is defunding planned parenthood.

• Upvote 1

Again, disagree on the ACA. And it sure as hell is not a Republican idea lol. Just because a Republican put something forward that had some of the same points- and saying they were basically the same thing is just gross ignorance- does not mean the Republicans as a whole were for the ACA.

As far as it not working- I was unable to afford care beforehand and afterwards I was. And there are a ton of people in my same shoes. Don't paint this as black and white sean.

Different subject: You have any proof whatsoever that the US has gone into a democratic country and hacked one of the parties in an attempt to help the other?

Edited by Thanatos

Different subject: You have any proof whatsoever that the US has gone into a democratic country and hacked one of the parties in an attempt to help the other?

I dunno if "hacked" is the right word but the US has definitely orchestrated coups against democratically elected governments to prop up US-friendly regimes. Iran in the 1950s is a particularly bad one which can be directly traced to a lot of the current problems in the Middle East. Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Again, disagree on the ACA. And it sure as hell is not a Republican idea lol. Just because a Republican put something forward that had some of the same points- and saying they were basically the same thing is just gross ignorance- does not mean the Republicans as a whole were for the ACA.

As far as it not working- I was unable to afford care beforehand and afterwards I was. And there are a ton of people in my same shoes. Don't paint this as black and white sean.

Yeah blots hit the nail on the head honestly. We've done far far worse than hacking their computer systems, but come on you're fucking nuts if you don't think we're hacking other countries. We're probably hacking every relevant country in the world and honestly that's just basically the CIA's job. As far as what the CIA has done, I don't know. I don't have any proof but based on the fucked up shit that WE KNOW the CIA does(MK Ultra happened), I would say that it's far from a stretch.

That's a flat out military coup- that occurred in the 50s I might add.

Anywho, GOP health care bill soundly defeated, Repubs wouldn't even put it to a vote. And the Dems mocked them by chanting vote vote in the House.

Trump defeats are glorious, especially when he's trying to fuck over poor people.

That's a flat out military coup- that occurred in the 50s I might add.

Anywho, GOP health care bill soundly defeated, Repubs wouldn't even put it to a vote. And the Dems mocked them by chanting vote vote in the House.

Trump defeats are glorious, especially when he's trying to fuck over poor people.

I think when people said we've hacked other elections, they more mean that we've interfered in the affairs of other countries, which is undeniable. Not that any of this makes what Russia has (probably) done ok.

And yes, today was a great day for healthcare in the US, but the fight isn't over. The republicans are gonna be working on a new bill soon enough.

I think the idea that the Republican's didn't have an alternative to the ACA has got to be off base. These think tanks and lobbyist groups are CONSTATNLY drafting potential pieces of legislation. It was likely just a matter of picking the one who paid the most for their influence. These guys are the ones in the room playing the long game. They're planning decades in advance in many cases. I think they were likely caught off guard by Trump winning but I don't think the Republican's winning a majority in congress was that hard to predict considering how much of a fraud and let down Obama was.

You give waaaaaay too much credit to Congress. I know you like your conspiracy theories but Paul Ryan and co. are not planning decades in advance, lmao.

I also don't think you know how Congressional elections normally work during a presidential year. Whoever wins the White House nearly always wins a lot of seats in Congress, because of what is known as the "coat-tail" effect. Most people will simply vote down ballot for whatever party they put in the White House. So if Trump didn't win, there's a really good chance Republicans lose seats in Congress.

You give waaaaaay too much credit to Congress. I know you like your conspiracy theories but Paul Ryan and co. are not planning decades in advance, lmao.

I also don't think you know how Congressional elections normally work during a presidential year. Whoever wins the White House nearly always wins a lot of seats in Congress, because of what is known as the "coat-tail" effect. Most people will simply vote down ballot for whatever party they put in the White House. So if Trump didn't win, there's a really good chance Republicans lose seats in Congress.

The politicians aren't the one's planning decades in advance but people like the heritage foundation most certainly are. They're the one's who develop a lot of this legislation. It's dopes like Paul Ryan who put it up for vote. Guys like Paul Ryan are essentially just proxy's for groups like that.

Edited by seanbrock

Trump donated his 1st Qtr check to the Parks service today.

EDIT: Also, important to note that that legislation Trump/congress repealed in Blots' post wasn't even doing anything. it wasn't in effect because of lawsuits against it. Just like other pieces of legislation Obama put into place and Trump removed absolutely nothing changed from the day before Trump got rid of it to the day after.

Edited by Favre4Ever