Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Trump donated his 1st Qtr check to the Parks service today.

EDIT: Also, important to note that that legislation Trump/congress repealed in Blots' post wasn't even doing anything. it wasn't in effect because of lawsuits against it. Just like other pieces of legislation Obama put into place and Trump removed absolutely nothing changed from the day before Trump got rid of it to the day after.

So Trump decided to do a symbolic gesture to show how he feels about women. Great.

And as far as donating the salary goes, we don't have proof that he actually did (and probably never will get it) and even if he did, thats worth about a half day of security so his wife and kid can live in trump tower. What a sacrifice.

You advocate giving the government power to spend recklessly, then rage when tax money is used on a meaningless endeavor (Barron & Melania living in Trump tower). Surely you see the fault in your argument, right?

So Trump decided to do a symbolic gesture to show how he feels about women. Great.

And as far as donating the salary goes, we don't have proof that he actually did (and probably never will get it) and even if he did, thats worth about a half day of security so his wife and kid can live in trump tower. What a sacrifice.

We have proof.. Sean Spicer presented the check to the National park service yesterday. It was only for the 1st Qtr, mind you. And it was roughly $80k.. I realize relative to Trump's net worth, it's a small amount, but... What'd Obama or any other President do with their salary? If Hillary donated 80k to the National Parks, you'd probably have her anointed as a saint.. lol.

I am not a big fan of what Trump has done up to this point, but people are twisting him donating money into a bad thing? Really? Seems really petty to me.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The complaints about Trump could be substantive because the dude is a shady, self serving piece of shit. Unfortunately the media in this country is bought by the same people most of our politicians are so they focus on PC outrage so they can run a corporate democrat who will be largely the same as Trump but just much less brash.

We have proof.. Sean Spicer presented the check to the National park service yesterday. It was only for the 1st Qtr, mind you. And it was roughly $80k.. I realize relative to Trump's net worth, it's a small amount, but... What'd Obama or any other President do with their salary? If Hillary donated 80k to the National Parks, you'd probably have her anointed as a saint.. lol.

I am not a big fan of what Trump has done up to this point, but people are twisting him donating money into a bad thing? Really? Seems really petty to me.

Well it wouldn't be the first time Trump presented a big check at a ceremony and didn't pay. But even assuming he did, it falls a bit short given the massive cuts he wants to do to the national parks budget. I'd rather him keep the 78 thousand and leave the budget intact.

You advocate giving the government power to spend recklessly, then rage when tax money is used on a meaningless endeavor (Barron & Melania living in Trump tower). Surely you see the fault in your argument, right?

So giving poor people access to health care is equivalent to letting trumps wife and son stay in their penthouse condo in downtown New York at the taxpayer's expense?

What about Trump and the Republicans allowing our ISPs to spy on us and not tell us? That defensible, too?

Look, even Trump can occasionally do something good. Doesn't make up for the metric ton of indefensible actions he has taken.

• Upvote 1

So giving poor people access to health care is equivalent to letting trumps wife and son stay in their penthouse condo in downtown New York at the taxpayer's expense?

Allowing the government enough power to make reckless spending decisions, was more my point. Them wasting your money is an argument for limiting their funding, rather than complaining for re-adjusting spending habits.

Not to mention, Trump has cut something like 1 and a half million dollars from Interior funding, which helps support the national parks and their rangers. Woop de fucking doo, he donated 78k of it back.

Maybe if he wasn't such a colossal piece of shit in the first place and didn't cut money from science and education, and didn't appoint someone who doesn't even fucking believe in global warming, then maybe this gesture would actually mean something.

I'm not convinced that the government is so wildly less inefficient than the private sector, especially the corporate portion of it. I know this is dogma to some of you but have you actually even challenged this notion at all? I posted something about government waste vs. private sector waste in the health care industry that was ignored. Do we need to do all we can to curtail it especially when talking about defense? Sure, absolutely. I can get behind any budget cuts that trim some fat but just thoughtlessly slashing budgets without any thought is a lazy solution to a complicated problem.

I can tell you this, it's not a lazy solution for our legislators and their corporate sponsors who just keep getting richer and richer and richer.

Edited by seanbrock

With the cuts or not , they have 80k dollar more than they otherwise would have.

But guess what bleeding hearts don't care, nobody judges other people's money better than they do.

With the cuts or not , they have 80k dollar more than they otherwise would have.

But guess what bleeding hearts don't care, nobody judges other people's money better than they do.

I don't heap praise on someone who gives a dollar to a homeless person after he burned down the soup kitchen.

I actually started out willing to give Trump a chance, but I have to be honest, the more I read the more I hate the guy. I am not saying for a second I would prefer Hillary because I would not, I would just rather not have a president. I am not sure developed nations need a president anymore anyway, but that is just a crazy theory of mine. My original point was I cant stand Trump now.

• Upvote 2

Steve Bannon has been removed from the NSC. I don't know what to make of this but no way is it bad.

I am convinced that half of your statements on here are simply trolling. They have to be. You're smarter than that, man.

This is seriously like praising a guy who robbed you of a mil because he gave you 10k back.

Edited by Thanatos

Life for the average American was pretty shitty before these welfare programs and regulations if you look back from a historical prospective. When people aren't going bankrupt trying to pay for health care it's bette for everyone. I think there's a ton of issues with welfare. It presents a clear opportunity to train people for the new jobs that will be available and build our countries infrastructure but instead it actually punishes people who get jobs because they end up with less money to feed their family than they had before. I've said it before, if we invested our money instead of just throwing it at poverty.

Social security makes sense because it's like a mandatory pension program. If these people had nothing when they got old guess who would foot the bill for a lot of the people we didn't just let suffer, die or become homeless? There are many things we could do to improve things but taking money away from a program is just as dumb as throwing money at it and hoping it goes away. Poverty hurts the economy. It hurts you and it hurts me. It's not as easy to grasp as the extra couple grand you might have in your pocket yearly if you didn't have to pay the taxes but it's a complicated problem. The people who keep the most money from tax breaks are the people who hide their money, invest overseas and don't spend it. Income has to be redistributed to people who actually spend money. It helps everyone, especially small business.

I'm seeing the effects of it right now in construction. People are hurting man. People can't spend the money to get their bathroom re-done that could have even 5 years ago. People have to spend 300 her and there to repair their roof instead of replacing it like they probably should but they can't afford it so they spend more in the long run. We've been implimenting conservative economics for damn near 40 years and it's worked out great for the richest people in this country but most people's lives have gotten progressively worse save for the technological innovations that made the economy boom in the 90's.

Steve Bannon removed from the National Security Council

Devin Nunes stepping down from the Russia probe. Thank god. Even for a republican he's particularly scummy.

I really hope we aren't going after Syria...seems like the global eite want us more involved (and have for awhile) to set up a coup of some sort.

Call me crazy (I know you will), but I don't see any reason or gain that Assad would have for detonating a chemical weapon like that. Just doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1

It really doesn't, but the refugees and survivors are claiming there were planes that dropped the bombs, and the rebels simply don't have any air power.

I really don't see who else it could be, unless for some reason the survivors are lying.

Obvious answer would be the CIA and if you don't think the CIA would something like that then you're either naive or just ignorant to what we already know that the CIA has done.

• Downvote 2

Obvious answer would be the CIA and if you don't think the CIA would something like that then you're either naive or just ignorant to what we already know that the CIA has done.

I don't think they wouldn't do it for moral reasons, but I don't see why they'd do it. Trump wants to help Assad because that's what Russia wants. Makes no sense to make them look worse than they are.

That's assuming Trump is in the tank for Russia which I'm not entirely convinced that he is. I think Trump is in it for whatever benefits him and his the most. If he's getting a piece of that pipeline I absolutely think Trump would potentially go into Syria. Also something like this could very well be a move to force Trump's hand into going into Syria. It's hard for any of us to say from where we are tbh. The President runs the CIA and FBI but it doesn't seem like Trump does based on things he's been saying. This is a crazy time in this country.

Yeah, Trump was staying out of Syria but not because Russia is buddies with them IMO. We shouldn't be there, period. That's why he didn't move on em like a bitch sooner (sorry, had to).

But seriously this wreaks of false-flag ops -- to as Sean said, force the US / Trumps hand. I'm not ready to say it was us / the CIA quite yet though.