Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I really don't think this happens in any country where universal healthcare exists.

What does happen is you get on long waiting lists for things that everyone needs- like flu shots, check ups, physicals, etc.

I have multiple Canadian friends and this has been their experience as well. Try setting up a physical a week in advance? Good fucking luck.

But if you have an emergency, or a life threatening condition, they don't put you on a waiting list.

Think about the waiting list thing like this: The GOP solution is to have *less* people that can afford to get healthcare, which thus cuts down on the number of people who are waiting to be treated. They're literally leaving them by the wayside. Yeah, you're gonna have waiting lists for the little things, its a simple matter of number of patients per doctor. The only real solution for this to have more doctors, not less patients.

Is that the big problem we face in this country.. people not getting into emergency rooms or receiving care for life threatening injuries...?

No, in my opinion.

Edited by Favre4Ever

https://apnews.com/19772be1238e49fbb62c509a5b659b3d/Official:-Russia-knew-in-advance-of-Syrian-chemical-attack

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States has concluded Russia knew in advance of Syria's chemical weapons attack last week, a senior U.S. official said Monday.

The official said a drone operated by Russians was flying over a hospital as victims of the attack were rushing to get treatment. Hours after the drone left, a Russian-made fighter jet bombed the hospital in what American officials believe was an attempt to cover up the usage of chemical weapons.

The senior official said the U.S. has no proof of Russian involvement in the actual chemical attack in northern Syria.

But the official said the presence of the surveillance drone over the hospital couldn't have been a coincidence, and that Russia must have known the chemical weapons attack was coming and that victims were seeking treatment.

The official, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly on intelligence matters and demanded anonymity, didn't give precise timing for when the drone was in the area, where more than 80 people were killed. The official also didn't provide details for the military and intelligence information that form the basis of what the Pentagon now believes.

Another U.S. official cautioned that no final American determination has been made that Russia knew ahead of time that chemical weapons would be used. That official wasn't authorized to speak about internal administration deliberations and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The allegation of Russian foreknowledge is grave, even by the standards of the currently dismal U.S.-Russian relations.

Although Russia has steadfastly supported Syrian President Bashar Assad's government, and they've coordinated military attacks together, Washington has never previously accused Moscow of complicity in any attack that involved the gassing of innocent civilians, including children. The former Cold War foes even worked together in 2013 to remove and destroy more than 1,300 tons of Syrian chemical weapons and agents.

Until Monday, U.S. officials had said they weren't sure whether Russia or Syria operated the drone. The official said the U.S. is now convinced Russia controlled the drone. The official said it still isn't clear who was flying the jet that bombed the hospital, because the Syrians also fly Russian-made aircraft.

U.S. officials previously have said Russians routinely work with Syrians at the Shayrat air base where the attack is supposed to have originated. U.S. officials say the chemical weapons were stored there and that those elements add to the conclusion that Russia was complicit in the attack.

Last Thursday 59 Tomahawk missiles were fired on the government-controlled base in the United States' first direct military action against Assad's forces.

The U.S. has been focusing its military action in Syria on defeating the Islamic State group.

On Monday, Col. John J. Thomas, a U.S. military spokesman, said the U.S. has taken extra defensive precautions in Syria in case of possible retaliation against American forces for the cruise missile attack.

Thomas told reporters at the Pentagon that the increased emphasis on defensive measures to protect U.S. troops on the ground in Syria led to a slight and temporary decline in offensive U.S. airstrikes against IS in Syria.

There has been no Syrian retaliation so far for the cruise missile attack, which destroyed or rendered inoperable more than 20 Syria air force planes, he said.

Thomas said the U.S. intends to return to full offensive air operations against IS as soon as possible.

Pooty-Poot so silly.

Is that the big problem we face in this country.. people not getting into emergency rooms or receiving care for life threatening injuries...?

No, in my opinion.

I said condition- i.e. cancer or something like that. And yes, that is a big problem. Friend of mine- who is ex-military which makes this worse- pulled the goddamn staples out of the back of his head two weeks after surgery while I sat there ready to call 911 if needed because he couldn't afford the return trip.

It's fucking bullshit is what it is. I know the GOP has their collective head completely up their asshole on this one, but cmon, Favre. You can't sit there and tell me people need to make a decision like that, or a decision between their finances and their well-being. This isn't a new fancy car- or iphone- this is someone's life. Maybe it's not gonna kill 'em, but it will make their life miserable not to get their condition fixed. People spend thousands of dollar a year on drugs to keep their condition in check. Saying that's not a big problem in this country is fucking sad, man. You're just completely out of touch with people. It's a huge issue to constituents, and they are making their voices heard at these town halls and in protests. Just dismissing that out of hand like its not a big deal is cold as hell.

I shouldn't have to sit here and decide whether to get something worrisome checked out because I know I'll be throwing $500 down the toilet if nothing's wrong with it, but if I don't get it checked and it turns out to be bad, I may end up dying or being hospitalized for a long time.

It is far past time for the US to join the rest of the globe on this one. Healthcare is a right for every individual. You don't play math with people's lives. And fuck whoever thinks that you should.

Edited by Thanatos

The more you add to healthcare that is provided by the state, the more you're going to have issues with paying off the bills. That dilutes the system as a whole. If you push past making all emergency/life-threatening medical procedures or products state-subsidized, you open the door for much less effective spending, and worse allocation of public funding on healthcare.

Like I said, I'd be all for it. The IDEA of universal health care is great. But as I mentioned a few pages ago, I don't want something like Canada has. And honestly, we'd probably get it worse off then them. If 75% of our population still needs to pay out of pocket for additional care on top of their ~10% coming out of their paychecks, I want no part of that awesome system. Seems pointless to me.

I don't know when it will happen, maybe in 4-12 years when we have our next Democratic president... Democrats have slim (or maybe huge) advantages in both chambers, but still need a few moderates to join their cause... Dems want the whole shebang (which isn't guaranteed to be good).... Moderates want concessions and get them, then when are passing a bill that is even worse than bad. Granted, that is all theory crafting. Pointless hypotheticals, I suppose. Regardless.... Give me Puerto Rico or Colombia's versions of health care and you have me sold. Good luck getting to those levels of awesome, but it's something to shoot for.

And random...

This is for you Professor of Propaganda Brock:
17883769_10155572905631686_5201383001350

• Upvote 1

I wish the U.S. had what my country has. :yep:

Colombia keeping markets open and allowing for choice of provider is good, but it still mandates that everyone have health insurance. Just turn the system into a state fund that uses tax money to pay for mandatory procedures that risk the long term health and well-being of individuals. You shouldn't have a $5000 deductible forced upon you, and you shouldn't have a government subsidized plan that requires eliminating externalities forced upon you.

Obviously you can't entirely eliminate health insurance as an industry, but you can initiate reform by eliminating some of the more costly procedures. Would result in a lower deductible, or no deductible at all. Health insurance costs would lower as the only thing it's used for is purchasing prescriptions on things like antibiotics.

Edited by Chernobyl426

I can't post it now but just google Spicers comments today. He might not be the most malicious person but he has to be the most incompetent.

Got a question for ya cherry.

Are you also against forcing everyone to have auto insurance?

Got a question for ya cherry.

Are you also against forcing everyone to have auto insurance?

Not as much, no, because the system is largely used as a means of dealing with interactions between drivers. If I get into a wreck with you, and I'm at fault, you're going to be compensated for the accident. I can't speak as much to the impact of deductibles and the actual payment procedures for auto insurance, but I would argue that they differ significantly from the impact of those in the health industry.

My argument is moreso that it's ineffective to mandate insurance for everyone while also paying increased taxes to operate a state-subsidized system. The idea that eliminating those externalities that don't participate in health insurance will increase the revenue in the healthcare industry to pay for state care is ridiculous. Those groups are already unable to afford care at their desired price on their desired plan, so why obligate them to get health insurance or risk paying a fine?

It just bogs down the system with unnecessary involvement on the lesser scale of products and procedures. Mandating people have an insurance plan that requires a deductible and monthly payment, along with the tax burden of state subsidization, is just too much.

I can't post it now but just google Spicers comments today. He might not be the most malicious person but he has to be the most incompetent.

Semantics, really. I don't think Hitler ever used chemicals on the battlefield because he saw firsthand what they did during WW1.

Yeah, I don't think he meant it maliciously. You'd just expect the press secretary to know how to formulate an argument without metaphorically stepping on a rake.

I'd like to see Sean Spicer get through a press conference that doesn't require him to clarify statements afterward.

17799029_771571229668030_702752251144521

The fact that they're going after Tulsi Gabbard is really reinforcing my feeling of this whole Syria thing being bullshit. They want to try and primary her for meeting with Assad and for calling for an investigation? What's next? Some kind of made up link with the Russians?

The fact that they're going after Tulsi Gabbard is really reinforcing my feeling of this whole Syria thing being bullshit. They want to try and primary her for meeting with Assad and for calling for an investigation? What's next? Some kind of made up link with the Russians?

The best of people have to fight the hardest.

She doesn't fit their narrative, thinks for herself...

She's a danger to the status quo.

That's really disheartening. What is it about going to war that makes "liberals" fall in love?

That's really disheartening. What is it about going to war that makes "liberals" fall in love?

We've been lulled to sleep. They're not liberals. They're pro choice, pro gay rights but conservative on most other issues. Bernie Sanders like a traditional FDR democrat and everyone says he's crazy and far left.

I don't mind comments like these. It probably wasn't his intention, but to me it sounds like a little humility. I'd much rather hear this than him talking out his ass and making promises he either can't or won't keep.

NATO for example ... he shit all over NATO during the campaign, but now he's totally on board. No matter how much a candidate / president hates NATO, we aren't leaving ... lol. That's just reality.

Or the wall... the way he talked about building the wall was just so arrogant. I'm not totally against a border wal, but listening to him talk about it like it'd be so easy to get Mexico to pay for it ??? Please gag me.

Or with China... whether it's in regard to Korea or Taiwan or economics -- our relationship is so convoluted and complex that you can just make rash assumptions and talk like it's your way or the highway.

The world doesn't work like that Donald. So, when I see comments like the above, it makes me believe that he's starting to realize that.

Although, for the record I totally understand and won't argue with the people using it as ammo for how ignorant, unready, and unqualified he is for the position. I get that, just not the way I see it, personally.

Yeah in a vacuum the stances he changed his mind on yesterday are a good thing. It just shouldn't take being president to figure that out.

Donald apparently putting pressure on North Korea, and China helping to do so.

Don't joke about a water crisis, we already have bad stuff in the water. Fucking triggered.

The US has used the largest non-nuclear weapon we have on Afghanistan. First time that bomb has ever actually been used.