Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

" No fat shaming " doesn't fuck up our health, it just makes you us not pieces of shit.

By no fat shaming, I don't mean trying to prevent bullying. I mean shit like giving people who are so fat they can hardly walk scooters to ride around in at the store. That sort of shit needs to be frowned upon heavier.

All those chemicals, preservatives and hormones that are in food cannot be good and the FDA as we've seen with many many drugs does not study these chemicals enough. idk, I don't trust it at all. Maybe you guys do and that's your prerogative but the FDA hasn't done it's job in a long time. Don't be surprised when studies come out that link this stuff to cancer and diabetes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No healthcare plan without significant legislation forcing employers to cover mental healthcare will be sufficient for me.

No healthcare plan without significant legislation forcing employers to cover mental healthcare will be sufficient for me.

Good luck getting employers to hire full time employees then.

Just another reason why we should have universal health care. Obviously in order to do so we need to control the cost of health care which is exorbitant but that's far from impossible. I don't understand the logic behind saying that it's impossible to make sure that everyone has health care. Especially not when there are so many countries where it's guaranteed. We are the wealthiest nation in world history lol.

Edited by seanbrock

Good luck getting employers to hire full time employees then.

Pfft. Like they can put their companies at risk with PT help they can't trust. Want good employees? Fucking pay them.

Universal healthcare with mental health care would not be economically feasible. I covered that.

This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard holy shit. GMOs are fantastic. It's a means of mass producing food at a consistent rate with less chance of weather conditions or disease annihilating the crop. The obesity rate isn't bad because of GMOs. It's bad because as a nation we love our shitty fast food and have made overeating a socially acceptable choice. Also our culture of "no fat shaming!" fucks up our health too.

Not only that, but moving here opened my eyes to something that should have been painfully obvious.

If there is a store 3-4 blocks away, someone in the U.S. is going to drive to it. Here, everyone walks or rides their bikes. A 3-4 block walk takes 10-15 minutes depending on how fast you walk. People are lazy and there are too many bad excuses for it.

Pfft. Like they can put their companies at risk with PT help they can't trust. Want good employees? Fucking pay them.

Yeah well when the Nations largest employer is Walmart and the economy is moving more and more towards that direction they actually can tell a lot of those people to go fuck themselves. The top three employers in the country are Walmart, Yum Brands (KFC Taco Bell and Pizza Hut) and McDonald's.

That brings us to the minimum wage debate too. People say it's a bunch of teen agers working for these companies and that is a massive fallacy. These companies should be mandated to have a percentage of full time employees at the very least because they should NOT be allowed to pass off the costs of their staffing to the tax payers when they make exorbitant profits routinely. Outsourcing must also been severely punished. We need more protectionist policies in this country very badly..

Edited by seanbrock

Protectionism is a great way to fucking slaughter your economy. If you want to generate economic growth, decrease the taxes on businesses and encourage real economic prosperity.

Also, mandating the companies to have a certain percentage of full time employees + mandating health insurance is a sure-fire way to just make them go with a skeleton crew.

Depends on the degree of protectionism because if people get to the point where they're too broke and too far in debt to buy stuff and keep cash flowing in the economy, we're fucked. The way this is going right now it's going to impoverish like 90% of the country. Do you really think that's sustainable? Something must be done. Like I said, out 3 biggest employers are Walmart and fast food. We're in serious fucking trouble and it's getting worse and worse. Lowering corporate and business taxes does NOTHING to prevent outsourcing. We cannot and should not be competing with the labor of people living in 3rd world conditions.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lowering corporate and business taxes protects outsourcing by encouraging production in the United States. Companies have to pay a pretty decent amount to completely relocate overseas and are only going to do so if it's significantly cheaper. Lowering the business tax rate to a low enough level to compete with China makes it cheaper to just stay here.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Universal healthcare with mental health care would not be economically feasible. I covered that.

You are fucking ridiculous.

We're gonna need mental health coverage more than we already do with the way you encourage fat shaming

Edited by Banned4Ever

When someone is so fat that it looks like they have loaves of bread hanging off their arms when they raise them up, why should we tell them that "they're beautiful just the way they are."

We shouldn't. A. It's a lie--Noone actually thinks that. B. We shouldn't be so tolerant of morbid obesity in America, and we should stop assigning blame to the wrong things

Okay, let's take Colombia's system for example.

Colombia's public coverage is broken up into two pieces. Contributory regime and subsidized regime. The contributory regime is funded by an 11% payroll tax, whereas the subsidized regime is funded by a 1.5% tax revenue from national and local taxes combined.

"Members of both schemes have access to a package of specified benefits. The CR package, known as the POS (Plan Obligatorio de Salud), includes all levels of care, while the SR package, known as the POSS (Plan Obligatorio de Salud Subsidiado), covers most low-complexity care and catastrophic illnesses but provides only limited coverage for most hospital care and provides no short-term disability coverage. To fill the gap, the POSS is complemented by services provided by public hospitals, financed through direct payments to providers independent of what services they supply and of patients’ insurance status. According to the health reform law of 1993, those so-called supply-side subsidies should be transformed into demand-side subsides, where insurance is subsidized for beneficiaries and insurers pay providers for services actually delivered to their clients. The aim is to achieve universal coverage with the same benefits in both regimes."

This is a pretty solid idea when it comes to adequately providing care for both subsidized and unsubsidized individuals. However, the problems with American healthcare are still relevant here, although Colombia has masked it well by transferring the payments onto the insurance providers. The subsidized regime is still limited in terms of non-emergency operations or complex care, at least temporarily (until they can receive clearance from their insurer.)

I think the biggest thing to take away is that Colombia nails the fuck out of the insurance companies (I 100% agree with this) in terms of forcing them to pick up a reasonable amount, and largely by having state-controlled insurance companies that compete against each other. By having a gun over the head of insurance companies, they've been able to force coverage for all at a high level.

The ability to avoid high price markups on medical equipment, a very well-maintained insurance system, and a healthier society in general (13.7% obesity rate to our 33.9% in 2007) have led to a much more well-covered Colombian society.

:notbad:

Sources:

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/28/3/853.full

http://obesity.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004371

Precisely. This is an outstanding system and we could model ours after something like this and arguably come away with better health care than Colombia has. The markup on medical equipment is ridiculous. Going back to my $15 dollar neck brace if they were to cap the profit at 15 percent ? That would cut out the prices paid for medical supplies by more than 90% at the current average rate.

Another thing that could absolutely help us is to cap the amount you can get from malpractice suits and to throw out all claims of frivolity by attention seekers. This lowers the malpractice insurance rates, and then hammer the malpractice insurers to not be a bunch of douche bags.

Go after pharmaceutical companies and people like Martin Shkreli who decide to take an affordable drug but mark it up over 1000%. Make a cap on the profit they can make on prescription drugs, and dont charge over $100 on a saline bag when the things to make it cost less than $1. We just have the most greedy system and it can certainly be changed. I mean, it won't but it could.

When someone is so fat that it looks like they have loaves of bread hanging off their arms when they raise them up, why should we tell them that "they're beautiful just the way they are."

We shouldn't. A. It's a lie--Noone actually thinks that. B. We shouldn't be so tolerant of morbid obesity in America, and we should stop assigning blame to the wrong things

You insulting a fat person isn't going to cause them to make lifestyle changes. It'll just be mean.

• Upvote 2

You are fucking ridiculous.

Not if we're using anything close to our system, or even other first world country systems like Canada or countries in Scandinavia. The only country we've discussed that can feasibly do this is Colombia, which spends $569 per capita on healthcare annually.

One thing to note about that is that employees always choose their care provider in Colombia, at least from what I see. This means that insurance companies are simply fighting on completely even grounds for the exact same piece of pie. This consistency between insurers, and therefore coverages, is as close as you can get to doing universal care while still having insurance companies.

You have to factor in the culture and general health of the society as well when you consider not mental health, but physical health. As Sarge said, we have an entirely different culture from Colombia. We eat more and exercise less. We are generally more unhealthy.

We're gonna need mental health coverage more than we already do with the way you encourage fat shaming

Lmao did I strike something with you dude? I said our culture is too accepting of people who have severe obesity in terms of catering to them. There is a difference between calling a spade a spade and being a bully. I'm not saying go to obese people and shit talk them. I'm saying make a push as a society to make people value their health more.

• Upvote 1

You insulting a fat person isn't going to cause them to make lifestyle changes. It'll just be mean.

You're right, being mean will be JUST AS INEFFECTIVE as lying to them

I didn't tell you to say anything to them. Just don't be an asshole -- I don't see why that is so difficult. lol. And you being forced to be "tolerant" of something that is none of your damn business isn't asking too much either.

Has America forced you to be "tolerant" of homosexuality? Or "tolerant" of people that don't have white skin?

To be fair, homosexuality and skin color are not choices. Obesity is.

• Upvote 1

I didn't tell you to say anything to them. Just don't be an asshole -- I don't see why that is so difficult. lol. And you being forced to be "tolerant" of something that is none of your damn business isn't asking too much either.

Has America forced you to be "tolerant" of homosexuality? Or "tolerant" of people that don't have white skin?

For a lot of americans yes, america has forced a lot of people. Its not right that it wasnt accepted sooner, but its the truth.