Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Derrick Rose is about to be a Cav. Not a fan of this move by the Cavs, since he can't shoot, which makes him pretty limited in today's league.

But we'll see if he actually played a lot better last season then I thought, so this isn't the worst deal of all time.

He's more talented than anyone else they could've signed at the minimum. Might as well.

It really sucks injuries derailed his career. He was so fun to watch. He still has that body control around the hoop but man his explosiveness was next level, Westbrook type shit.

Source: 1 trade being discussed#Cavs get Melo/Bledsoe#Knicks get Kyrie/Chandler#Suns get Love/Frank

:Suicide:

That's an awesome trade for the Cave and Knick. Gotta believe that the Suns are getting some draft picks in that deal.

Fuck the Cavs and fuck Rose for signing with that cursed franchise.

Apparently the Cavs are trying t yank Josh Jackson from the suns as well. Lol if that happens.

From what I've seen the Suns consider Jackson to be untouchable.

• Upvote 1

I don't get the Josh Jackson love. He's Justice Winslow 2.0., which is great because his defensive potential is through the roof, but neither will ever be able to do anything meaningful on offense. You better have some damn special skills on offense if you can't shoot in 2017 if you want to be a relevant player on offense in the NBA.

I do not want the Wolves to even consider getting Kyrie. He will do almost nothing to fix our issues.

Yeah I would put LeBron ahead of Kobe too because he just makes everyone on his team better all while being one of the most prolific scorers ever. I'm sure he has a better true shooting percentage than Kobe ever did too. The ONE thing that Kobe has on LeBron is he never melted down in a playoff series like LeBron did against the Mavs.

Yeah I would put LeBron ahead of Kobe too because he just makes everyone on his team better all while being one of the most prolific scorers ever. I'm sure he has a better true shooting percentage than Kobe ever did too. The ONE thing that Kobe has on LeBron is he never melted down in a playoff series like LeBron did against the Mavs.

​I want to put LeBron over Kobe because he's physically more talented and capable of controlling a game more than Kobe, but Kobe was just one of the biggest crunch time killers of all time and it's hard to argue 5 rings to 3 currently. If LeBron can sneak another ring away from Golden State his case is a lot better.

Rings don't matter at this point. If Bron still had 0 it'd be a problem but Jordan's Bulls never played a team as good as they were in the Finals and Kobe's Lakers only played a better team once in the Celtics.

LeBron has had 2 Finals appearances where his team was superior. Mavs, Thunder. Yeah they lost to Dallas but it was year 1 in Miami and that Mavericks team gelled perfectly.

Every other time, either 5 out of 7 or 6 out of 8, LeBron has shown up with an inferior team. He doesn't choke. Team-wise he runs into superior competition.

I would argue that LeBron elevated his team twice over superior opponents to win Rings (GSW and SA). And he nearly led them to beat GSW in the first match up, too, but they ran out of gas, and Delly remembered he sucks after game 3.

Jordan and Kobe couldn't have done it either. LeBron is a better all-around player than both. At this point it's obvious, in my opinion.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Rings don't matter at this point. If Bron still had 0 it'd be a problem but Jordan's Bulls never played a team as good as they were in the Finals and Kobe's Lakers only played a better team once in the Celtics.

Kobe faced some really good teams in the western conference tho

Idk if I would say the Spurs were better than the Heat, man. I'd say the were pretty evenly matched though.

Kobe faced some really good teams in the western conference tho

​Kobe was like the complete opposite of LeBron in terms of his competition, had to get through a stacked conference for what was likely an easy Finals opponent. Whereas LeBron flies through a creampuff conference for a stacked opponent in the Finals.

The Pacers were awesome for 2-3 years, there. I often wonder if Danny Granger's scoring wouldn't have helped Indy had he never destroyed his knee.

The Pacers were awesome for 2-3 years, there. I often wonder if Danny Granger's scoring wouldn't have helped Indy had he never destroyed his knee.

​They have been the toughest foe LeBron has faced in the East since he left for Miami, but I wouldn't consider them better than any team LeBron has faced in the Finals during that stretch either.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/900135849819590656

Crazy haul for the Cavs to get for Kyrie, given how dry the market was. I can't believe the Celtics gave up all that.

The interesting thing is, LeBron is going to put a ton of pressure on the Cavs to trade the Nets pick for a current player, which I don't do if I'm Cleveland unless LeBron signs an extension first.

Kyrie Irving is so overrated, and after that trade request we know he has character issues too

Kyrie Irving is so overrated, and after that trade request we know he has character issues too

He deserves not to be LeBron bitch, there is no issue for him wanting to leave..

Yea idk if this is going to help the Cavs get anywhere close to the Warriors but it definitely is a step up imo when you think of what Crowder brings to the table as well.

More interesting though is the fact that many of the pieces that made last year's Celtics team good are no longer there.

• Upvote 1

He deserves not to be LeBron bitch, there is no issue for him wanting to leave..

Bullllshit. Kyrie Irving is not a championship level #1 option.

Bad trade for both teams

IT is worthless against the Warriors, Kyrie will cook IT.

For all of you hyping up Jae Crowder and what he brings defensively, you seem to forget that the Cavs lineup with him in an IT at the same time make 2 huge defensive liabilities... not to mention you still have Love, and Thompson who seemingly doesn't care.

Bad trade. Hopefully the Spurs and Rockets step it up.