Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

How can't your respect KD's ring? He played absolutely insane, he wasn't riding coattails or anything like that.

People want to get on him but he had a better overall Finals performance than Lebron ever has IMO.

Your hatred of LeBron leads you to say some really silly things in regard to him, man. I'd argue he was even better than KD was in these Finals, overall. There just wasn't a window for Cleveland to win it this year. No chance.

Excuse me, but have you heard the good news about our lord and savior Lonzo?

All jokes and hyperboles aside, I've been on the BBB bandwagon for a minute now. Despite my love for Lebron, and the fact there's no way that realistically, I hope Ball goes down as the greatest player of all time, or at least in Lakers history.

I'd have a BBB shirt already if it wasn't for the fact they cost my whole life savings.

• Upvote 1

I'm probably gonna buy a BBB shirt at some point. I'm a big Lonzo believer.

• Upvote 1

Didn't he ditch his own brand recently? Lol.

Don't spend 50$ (or more) on such low quality trash.

He ditched the shoes, or at least decided to wear a different brand, and I don't really blame him, they are kinda ugly imo.

Also about that meme...

UWBSh54.jpg?1

Come on Dmac, you are late with that one!

Summer league I know, but DSJ looks legit. Last week, I read an article dogging Josh Jackson from the Suns but honestly I have been pretty impressed with him. Smart player, good passer, and has all the tools to develop into a good player.

Didn't he ditch his own brand recently? Lol.

Don't spend 50$ (or more) on such low quality trash.

Your advice has been noted and ignored.

In a few weeks, I shall officially be a Big Baller.

• Upvote 2

I find it amusing people hate KD for what he did but not LeDocuhe. Lebron started the shit, KD perfected it with one shot and one kill.

A lot of people still don't like LeBron lol. Some people started liking him when he went back to Cleveland and brought the town their first title in like 50 years as an underdog, but he was pretty much universally hated while he was on the Heat and he was the most popular player in the league before he left Cleveland the fist time.

LeBron was also never going to win a title in Cleveland if they didn't get a few number 1 picks line they did when he left. They were never able to put the kind of team around him that Durant had in OKC. Dan Gilbert isn't even close to as good a GM as Presti lol.

Stop trying to re-write history, Cholly.

Edited by seanbrock

Anyone with a brain knows that Westbrook and Durant were never going to win a title together.

Westbrook is an MVP because of how much he needs the ball.

Durant is a champion because of his ability to score and distribute the ball as a better teammate.

Durant will probably win 4 more rings and at the end of the day he'll be a better player than LeDouche ever was.

Everybody knows Westbrook and Durant would have never won together? That's news to me lol. They were pretty damn close to knocking off the Warriors in the conference finals. They were already in the finals before that. It's not that easy to go to finals every year in the west lol. Westbrook also averaged double digit assists this past season so I'd say he's pretty ok at distributing the ball and Durant is a pretty good off ball player. Besides it's not like he didn't get his iso opportunities playing with Westbrook. They both produced at a pretty damn high level statistically together for their entire careers. You telling me the Thunder couldn't have added another player to beat the Warriors? That it would be impossible? Come on man, I know you don't believe that lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With the way the Thunder FO is.. they wanted to keep that core together and not bring in big FA's. Never would of happened and they never would've won with the two of them and the meh role players they had.

• Downvote 1

#NeverForget

tumblr_ngr6vxU3aJ1ro4c5vo1_400.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm not digging the new FO of the Magic already. Basically did nothing but add MORE players who can't shoot or score this offseason while keeping the old roster of crap that can't shoot or score. Then they go on TV and tell fans to be patient and that they have faith in these shitty players that got the last FO fired. It's one thing to try and sell me patience while tanking, but this team isn't tanking. We suck, but not badly enough to get a high draft pick. A lot of people talk about the 8th seed limbo being the worst place in the NBA, but that isn't true being stuck in middle of the lottery limbo is and that is where this organization is stuck. I love my Orlando Magic, but I'm afraid it will be a long time until this team is competitive and respectable again. But hey I'm sure there are more "defensive studs" with no ability to shoot whatsoever that we can add and help us go 30-52 next year....

With the way the Thunder FO is.. they wanted to keep that core together and not bring in big FA's. Never would of happened and they never would've won with the two of them and the meh role players they had.

You don't just spend big money on any FA though You don't want to spend too many assets to trade for the wrong player. Once you hand out max contracts and deplete your depth to do so you're completely married to that scenario. The Cavs have LeBron who is still the best player in the world. They have Love and Kyrie who aren't good defenders.They're locked in with a team that can't beat the Warriors.

Sb i'm all for wasting time having pointless arguments...

But anyone who doesn't have Lebron as a top 10 all time is not someone you should be spending time arguing that kinda topic with...

• Upvote 1

Kyrie requested a trade, hopefully the Cavs blow up

Kyrie and Davis involved in some sort of deal makes a lot of sense. Kyrie and Boogie is more appealing that Davis and Boogie. No idea how this works as far as salary cap goes.

:bronbron: might as well leave now instead of waiting til next year.

Edited by Vin

Kyrie and Davis involved in some sort of deal makes a lot of sense. Kyrie and Boogie is more appealing that Davis and Boogie. No idea how this works as far as salary cap goes.

​The Pelicans should be contracted if they trade Anthony Davis, he has potential to be the best player in the league when LeBron's reign is over and Cousins is a FA at the end of the year. Why would they keep the less talented player on a shorter contract?

​As for the Cavs, this may sound controversial but should they consider trading LeBron? If he is as gone as everyone acts, maybe get some assets instead of watch him leave again. I know it may be tough, but you aren't beating Golden State and the team is falling apart...

• Upvote 1

Suns hired James Jones as VP.. Lebrun to Phoenix !

Kyrie got tired of all this winning getting in the way of his stats.

As long as the Cavs can get a scorer in exchange with Irving, I really don't care about him wanting to get traded.

Or both Lebron and Kyrie could leave Cleveland and I can go back to hating them.

There's a report saying Knicks and Cavilers in trade Talks Melo-Irving plus a 3rd team

If the Knicks can manage to trade Melo for Kyrie in any way shape or form lol holy shit. What role does a 3rd team play though, maybe the Knicks have to find a team with picks for the Cavs but then what do the Cavs give them? JR Smith lol? Outside of their big 3 the Cave have nothing to offer. Maybe the Knicks are willing to take on a contract that expires in a couple years? I wouldn't think so because they'll be trying to bring in big ticket free agents to go with their two new young stars. Maybe somebody would take that French PG they just drafted.

Maybe the Celtics should be in on this. They obviously like Thomas to some degree but maybe one of those picks in their war chest and Thomas for Kyrie? I think Ainge will get too greedy and end up allowing himself to outbid again.

Edited by seanbrock

​The Pelicans should be contracted if they trade Anthony Davis, he has potential to be the best player in the league when LeBron's reign is over and Cousins is a FA at the end of the year. Why would they keep the less talented player on a shorter contract?

​As for the Cavs, this may sound controversial but should they consider trading LeBron? If he is as gone as everyone acts, maybe get some assets instead of watch him leave again. I know it may be tough, but you aren't beating Golden State and the team is falling apart...

Yeah if there is a Davis/Kryie trade the Pelicans better get a lot more than just Kyrie (and Kryie is probably my favorite player in the league). Davis just signed that extension last season too didn't he? If anything it'll definitely be Boogie going over there.

As for Lebron getting traded that's not a bad idea but he has a no-trade clause so he'd have to approve it. And then what does that do to the Cavalier fan base moving forward? Do they resent Kryie for basically forcing Lebron out?

Honestly, when it's all said and done I think Kyrie will still be on this team come October. I'm just not sure I can see a team putting together an offer that entices Cleveland enough to make the move.

Edited by JetsFan4Life