Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

John Brown's future in question.

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians questioned John Brown's place on the team if he is not able to overcome his sickle-cell issues.

Arians said he does not "have any choice" but to wait on Brown to fully recover, but even then the coach is not sure Brown can contribute. "If he can’t run long enough (after he returns)," Arians said, "you’ve got to replace him." The coach has never been one to mince words, but this is a particularly harsh comment considering the illness Brown is battling. Still, Arians is clearly at his wit's end with his receiver group, and it would not be surprising if changes are on the horizon. Brown is a risky pick in the ninth round.

I expect Brown will make it through. Sickle cell is no joke, though.

Interesting take by Arians though.

See I thought he was dealing with a hamstring issue now and that they had gotten to a point where his sickle cell was manageable.

Seems like they could just IR him? :think:

I remember Ryan Clark had the same issue and couldn't play in Denver, sucks that he's in the same division as the Broncos

He's not though, he's in the NFC West. But still, that's pretty rough sledding for the Cards.

He's not though, he's in the NFC West. But still, that's pretty rough sledding for the Cards.

Shit, wrong west division, my bad, not sure what I wad thinking there

John Brown is a really frustrating player. He was supposed to take off and be some kind of stud but he definitely is not.

John Brown is a really frustrating player. He was supposed to take off and be some kind of stud but he definitely is not.

Well when you have Carson Palmer throwing to you....

Doesn't help he's injured every other week...