Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Your team's best candidate for end of season awards

I did this last year and thought it was a fun way to give others on the site people to watch for teams we don't follow as closely, here are my picks for the Titans:

MVP - Marcus Mariota - easy answer, but putting anyone else here would be disingenuous, he's probably the only person I'm going to list that actually has a legitimate shot at the award

OPOTY - Delanie Walker - has this award ever gone to a TE? Wikipedia says no, Jerry Rice won it twice otherwise it's been all QBs and RBs, but I don't care, this offense is going to run through Walker so he gets the nod here

DPOTY - Jurrell Casey - sorry, going with the easy player again, and probably the only defensive player on the Titans most fans can name (referring to fans not on this board obviously) but he's far and away our best defensive player, so like with my MVP pick anyone else would just be disingenuous, Kevin Byard would be my second pick because he's gonna key a huge turnaround in our secondary this season

OROTY - Corey Davis - I thought hard about going with Taywan Taylor here, he's been looking really good while Davis has been dealing with a hammy issue, but Davis is just too explosive to not be the pick here

DROTY - Jayon Brown - Adoree' Jackson would be the easy pick here, but corners typically start slow and Dick LeBeau doesn't like giving them too much, so I'm going with Brown who's been a monster in training camp and fills a hole in the middle of the defense

CBPOTY - Marcus Mariota - we were really lucky with injuries last season so Mariota is the only player coming off of something substantial enough to even be eligible here

• Upvote 1

MVP: Cam Newton.

OPotY: Cam Newton.

DPotY: Luke Kuechly.

ORotY: Christian McCaffrey. If J-Stew goes down with an injury, I think this is very plausible.

DRotY: Daeshon Hall. Would need someone ahead of him to get hurt. And to be significantly better than I think he is.

CBPotY: Luke Kuechly.

Edited by Thanatos

MVP: Carson Wentz. If we have a good year he'll be the main reason why.

OPoY: Carson Wentz. I don't see any RB or WR having a good enough year to come close.

DPoY: Fletcher Cox. Could be a DE like Graham (sacks, sacks, sacks), but I gotta go with our best defensive player here.

ORoY: Mack Hollins. This is a longshot.

DRoY: Derek Barnett. Obvious choice.

CPoY: Jason Kelce. We don't have any strong injury-based contenders, but Kelce sucked last year.

• Upvote 1

MVP: Von Miller

OPOTY: DeMaryius Thomas

DPOTY: Von Miller

OROTY: Garrett Bolles (I guess?)

DROTY: DeMarcus Walker

Comeback Player: Jamaal Charles

MVP: Carson Wentz

OPOY: Alshon Jeffery

DPOY: Jordan Hicks

OROY: Mack Hollins

DROY: Derek Barnett

CBPOY: Ron Brooks? idk lol

MVP: Khalil Mack - I think you guys are in for a new terror. Mack hasn't even hit his ceiling yet...

OPotY: Derek Carr

DPotY: Khalil Mack

ORotY: Really no valid candidates here... unless Elijah Hood gets reps. Which I doubt.

DRotY: Obi Melifonwu - He's going to be the difference maker for our defense. Covering TE's, stopping the run playing in the slot.

CBPotY: Lee Smith - The best blocking TE in the NFL returns and he's going to help pave the way for Marshawn Lynch... I guess you could include Derek Carr too.

MVP: Todd Gurley

OPotY: Todd Gurley

DPotY: Aaron Donald

CBPotY: Jared Goff

ORotY: Gerald Everett

DRotY: John Johnson