130/201, 1,679 yards, 14 TD, 5 INT

64.7% completion

279.8 yards per game

8.4 YPA

7.0% TD

2.5% INT

2.80 TD/INT ratio

103.6 rating

The Jags game was a bunch of weird tipped shit and him slinging it to try and come back. He's still playing amazingly while having to pacify AB and Bryant, having a billion drops, and not having a RT for much of the season.

• Upvote 2

He's openly contemplated retirement. I don't know how much the physical side is being put into question as much as the mental side is. Does he want to keep going? Doesn't hurt that the Steelers have the best RB and WR in the league.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the ability has ever been in question, but over the past 3-5 season he has thrown bad interceptions more often than I remember. I don't how much higher the interception totals were on the seasons. It was more the timing of them.

Do you think it's possible that they were hiding some of the playbook earlier in the season? Not really hiding it. I should say more like waiting until now to unleash it. I mean Brown and Bell have been insane for a while now. They were talented enough to do this in the first half of the season, but they really didn't. Those two have been good all year, but something feels different now... hard to explain.

I have noticed the last few weeks Ben has been using the no-huddle more. We know he has always been dangerous with that, and if it continues, we should see more success with it. But I think there is something else happening too with our base offense. I'd be curious to go back and watch the Jags and Bears games and then watch the last 2 weeks to see if there are any scheme/personnel differences.

• Upvote 1

I kinda feel like the quality of teams since the Jags has helped. Not much there outside of Lions/Chiefs.

I think Ben himself was also possibly taking it easier earlier in the season. He's usually good for missing a game or 2 every season for one reason or another. Maybe they didn't want that to happen this year. This may have been by design by Haley and Ben, or just Ben himself putting on the limits.

He looks way different the last 2 weeks. He wasn't running at all in the first half of the season. The last 2 weeks he has picked up a few first downs on the ground at least. Maybe he also decided before the Titans game that he's done after this year, and he's going to give it his all the rest of the way.

Yeah I watched this game against Green Bay and he looked a lot better than he did when I watched the Steelers play the Lions. Steelers play makers left a lot of yards and possibly points on the field too with all those drops.

I think Ben himself was also possibly taking it easier earlier in the season. He's usually good for missing a game or 2 every season for one reason or another. Maybe they didn't want that to happen this year. This may have been by design by Haley and Ben, or just Ben himself putting on the limits.

He looks way different the last 2 weeks. He wasn't running at all in the first half of the season. The last 2 weeks he has picked up a few first downs on the ground at least. Maybe he also decided before the Titans game that he's done after this year, and he's going to give it his all the rest of the way.

Another theory: He wasn't totally in game shape (physically, mentally, etc) and after a few weeks of playing he has found his stride. Or in typical Ben fashion, playing through an undisclosed injury.

Do have to disagree w/ Zack on the Jags game...he was forcing passes left and right.

Whatever has happened, it looks like our offense has woken up. We need our secondary to tighten up because all these blown coverages really need to stop.

Steelers could’ve been hiding there PB from NE, to beat the Pats it’s simple keep Brady on the sideline for has one by as possible ..

Steelers could’ve been hiding there PB from NE, to beat the Pats it’s simple keep Brady on the sideline for has one by as possible ..

If the Steelers secondary is healthy they have the defense to beat the Pats too. Their front 7 is highly slept on. How did the Steelers end up with TJ Watt? Fuckers lol

He's openly contemplated retirement. I don't know how much the physical side is being put into question as much as the mental side is. Does he want to keep going? Doesn't hurt that the Steelers have the best RB and WR in the league.

I think Zack mentioned it before but a big part of the reason why I think the game has been stressing Ben mentally is for all the talent the Steelers have at the skill positions, there are also a lot of diva personalities. Bell, Brown and Bryant are all selfish players. Yet another failure by Tomlin imo.

• Upvote 2