#1 FartWaffles

FartWaffles

Mr. Invisible

• Elite Members
  • 5,560 posts
  • NFL Team: Texans

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

http://www.rotoworld...4/brandin-cooks

Rams acquired WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick from the Patriots in exchange for first- and sixth-round picks.

The out-of-nowhere move lands the Rams their Sammy Watkins replacement, and also takes them out of the running for Odell Beckham. Now armed with the Nos. 23 and 31 picks, perhaps the Pats will make a play for the Giants' superstar. It's the second straight offseason Cooks has been dealt, both times for a first-rounder. He remained boom-or-bust in the Patriots' crowded receiver corps last season but posted a 65/1,082/7 line while averaging a career-high 16.6 yards per catch. Headed into the final year of his rookie contract, Cooks is still only 24. Fighting for targets with Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp while downgrading from Tom Brady to Jared Goff, Cooks might be best treated as a WR3 in offseason drafts.

Fartwaffles is my Hero.

#2 BC

BC

PICture me rollin :smug:

• Members
  • 8,116 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • NCAA Team(s): UW
  • NFL Team: Seahawks

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

what the shit

you know... it usually doesn't work when teams overhaul stars like this

Edited by Zack_of_Steel, 12 April 2018 - 01:46 AM.

Thanatos : (05 November 2017 - 05:34 PM)I kinda wish I was a hawks fan, must be nice to know your QB is going to pull some bullshit magic horseshoe out of his ass in the second half

#3 DalaiLama4Ever

DalaiLama4Ever

Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

• Owner+
  • 46,087 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Iowa State
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

How good is Brandin Cooks really ? Meh. 

Also, I know OBJ's "antics' get blown up by the media and aren't usually as bad as they are made out to be.. But he is still a pretty uh... free spirit. Come to Daddy Bill

I defer all football takes to Seanbrock

due to his superior football 

knowledge.

#4 Spread Eagle

Spread Eagle

Pay Him

• TGP Prime+
  • 11,725 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Bama, Cuse
  • NFL Team: Raiders

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:31 PM

How good is Brandin Cooks really ? Meh. 

Also, I know OBJ's "antics' get blown up by the media and aren't usually as bad as they are made out to be.. But he is still a pretty uh... free spirit. Come to Daddy Bill

When properly utilized he's one of the best WR's out there.

Sean Payton has shown flashes of it. McVay if he keeps on the upward trend could def make it work. Especially with Gurley and Kupp.

Rams have put pressure on themselves to succeed within the next two years....preferably this year. If they don't do it. Contracts get absolutely maddening as they won't retain all these players.

MACK.png

giphy.gifNVicdLN.png

#5 Chernobyl426

Chernobyl426

Mr. Clean

• Members
  • 6,043 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Colorado School of Mines
  • NFL Team: Rams

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:41 AM

This is getting fucking annoying. Traded a 2 for Watkins last year and didn't resign him. Might as well have gotten one mediocre season out of a 2 and then cut him. Now trading a 1? If Cooks doesn't get resigned IMMEDIATELY I'm gonna have to reconsider Rams fandom. 

Posted Image
Fucking Goon
Los Angeles Rams Fan
TGP Resident Scout
God-tier armchair GM
Posted Image

#6 DalaiLama4Ever

DalaiLama4Ever

Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

• Owner+
  • 46,087 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Iowa State
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

When properly utilized he's one of the best WR's out there.

Sean Payton has shown flashes of it. McVay if he keeps on the upward trend could def make it work. Especially with Gurley and Kupp.

Rams have put pressure on themselves to succeed within the next two years....preferably this year. If they don't do it. Contracts get absolutely maddening as they won't retain all these players.

Is he really though? I am not saying he's bad. He's had some solid seasons. But "for one of the best WRs", he seems to be more valued as draft capital than an actual WR.

I defer all football takes to Seanbrock

due to his superior football 

knowledge.

#7 PhilElliot

PhilElliot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,565 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Penn State
  • NFL Team: Rams

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

what the shit

you know... it usually doesn't work when teams overhaul stars like this

LOLOL the Rams are winning even if this guy is on the sidelines the entire time.
Jesus christ, you people can't see the forest through the trees.
Rams move to LA and everything/story/player, rains down on them. They already have a top defense in league now.
At worst they are already in second round or conference championship next season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users