GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

I almost puked when he drank his own urine. I have a pretty weak gag reflex... But man... Nasty.

That part was pretty sick, but what about..

When he was cutting his arm off with a pocket knife? That was intense. I almost passed out.

Oh, and I've been having a Harry Potter marathon. First time I've seen them, ever.

Transformers: Dark of The Moon. I fucking loved it. It really blows that other two films out of the damn water. Seriously good movie.

Bad Teacher. Bad movie. Horrible. Terrible. An insult to everyone with an IQ above 50. I feel sorry for Jason Segel for having anything to do with this movie. I have pretty much lost all faith in comedies from here on out. I laughed ONE time at ONE line that nobody else thought was funny.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Michael Bay promises a summer blockbuster with a plethora of explosions and flying machine parts. And he most certainly delivers with Dark of the Moon. Admittedly, the script is awful. And yes Shia LaBeouf is still a big headed punk... And yes, the female lead is still beyond awful (although, slightly better than Megan Fox)... And yes, Tyrese still can't act. But who is buying a ticket to Transformers looking for character development and depth within the script? I will tell you who.... Trendy movie critics who want to look hip by dissing this film. I've got news for you Mr. and Mrs. Trendy Movie Critic, you aren't intelligent because you witness and tear apart the obvious. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was fun, enthralling, and action packed. And I loved it.

Salt

I watched it with my sister, she said it was one of the worst movies she's ever seen, I said it was amazing. She's a boss.

And I saw Transformer 3 again for the 3rd time last night... Big robots with guns and swords ftw.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Daybreakers

There aren't too many good vampire movies out there any more. So it was a pleasant surprise to see this one surpass all expectations. It has a star studded cast with Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, and Sam Neill and they all play their parts amazingly. It takes the vampire plot and puts a unique view on it. I enjoyed it a lot, and it's definitely worth your time. It's on Netflix Instant, too... Which is a plus.

Fellowship and Two Towers extended editions Blu-Ray

Fellowship and Two Towers extended editions Blu-Ray

In the same day? Same sitting?! :ohmy:

In the same day? Same sitting?! :ohmy:

Started at 10:45pm and finished at 4:30am. I need a whole day for ROTK though. Shit is like 260 minutes long.

The new Transformers flick - Yep, explosions and machine parts, really, really dug the action sequences, but the main character needs an ass whoopin...he was a little bitch in the first part of the movie.

Saw it at the IMAX in 3D, and that opening ass shot was just POW!

Sucker Punch. Even worse than I thought it would be.

Sucker Punch. Even worse than I thought it would be.

They have been pitching it hard on Pay-Per-View in my area recently. Is it not even worth 99c ? I've heard a lot of things about it, mostly bad. ha

And... Has anyone gone to see Larry Crowne yet?

They have been pitching it hard on Pay-Per-View in my area recently. Is it not even worth 99c ? I've heard a lot of things about it, mostly bad. ha

No it's not worth it or the time spent watching it. With the exception of the action sequences, which are basically video game cut scenes, there is nothing redeeming. The action sequences are kinda cool but not anything exceptional. Acting is terrible, story is non-existent but yet manages to be unreasonably depressing. Takes an awesome and thought provoking concept from Inception and makes it dull and simple.

Edited by GA_Eagle

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1180816p1.html

In light of the megabucks being raked in by Transformers: Dark of the Moon, it's inevitable that there will be a Transformers 4. But it will be a sequel without the star of the first three films, Shia LaBeouf, who has made it clear that he's done with the giant effin' robots series. So who does the rumor mill suggest might take over as the new star? None other than the boyfriend of Transformers 3 babe Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

You know him better as action icon Jason Statham.

jason-statham-20110520025653803.jpg - 20th Century FoxJason Statham in The Transporter 2.

Latino Review points out that ShowbizSpy claims Statham is in the running to play the lead in the next film. "It's clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction," according to the site. "Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie."

This could all be crap, mind you, but Statham's turns in The Transporter trilogy, The Italian Job and Death Race (which co-starred Transformers' Tyrese Gibson) show he's not averse to making action movies with cool cars in them.

If you watch Sucker Punch, watch the Director's Cut. The studio made Snyder cut about 23 minutes out of the movie and with those 20 minutes put back in the movie actually comes off much better.

Transformers with Jason Statham? Screw any sort of plot, that is going to be non-stop action with Statham eventually whipping Megatron's ass.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Ne trailer for the sequel to Sherlock Holmes

The Lincoln Lawyer. I honestly liked it quite a bit, save for having to explain what was happening to my (potential) girlfriend.

The Lincoln Lawyer. I honestly liked it quite a bit, save for having to explain what was happening to my (potential) girlfriend.

Damn, guess I'll be skipping this one then...I think that's why my wife is into action movies, so she doesn't have to pay attention to any sort of plot....

Even on those, I'm sometimes having to explain why Lone Wolf McQuaid want to kick the crap outta David Carradine...

Edited by Krawnka

Jarhead and Street Kings I thought they were both pretty great.

from my personal DVD collection:

last night Mrs Krusher and i watched A Simple Plan starring Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda.

i love movies filmed with lotza snow so yep i thought it was excellent.

Horrible Bosses

Hilarious. Comedy of the summer, and so far, of the year.

Just Go With It

A slightly better than usual Adam Sandler clunker.

Fracture

A good thriller with great on camera chemistry between the two leads (Gosling and Hopkins). Ending really sucked though.

IP Man

The standard for excellent martial arts movies. Epic Win.