GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

We Bought A Zoo

Better than I expected... Matt Damon and Colin Ford (who plays Damon's son) had absolutely stellar performances. Amazing talents, both of them. It was a little overly cheesy, and I wish it was aimed at a mature audience.

In Time

In Time carries an interesting premise, but it isn't enough to carry the film through its numerous shortcomings. The acting really faltered from all angles. The most convincing performance captured was that of Matthew Bomer, whose presence was short-lived. The cast also didn't have a whole lot to work with, the script left a lot to be desired, just as the movie did as a whole.

The Hit List (2011) Cuba Gooding Jr

If this was a joke, would it be funny?!? The Hit List suffers in many, if not all, areas of critique. One of which being the ultimate irony in that the film takes its self incredibly seriously, yet the final product is just flat out hilarious... Hilariously horrendous. The script, filled with cheesy one liners and non-sensical babble certainly doesn't help its cause.

And let's not forget one of the worst plot lines in the history of cinema. An average working guy has the worst day imaginable. He gets looked over for a promotion at his corporate job, some thugs want repayment on some bad "investments". and he comes home to find that his wife is sleeping with his best friend.

He proceeds to visit the local watering hole to drink away his sorrows, when he stumbles across a rogue government assassin. An assassin who has lost the will to live and instructs our down-on-his-luck protagonist to create a hit list consisting of five names. Our hero wakes up the next day to find that #5 on his list has been taken care of and immediately regrets everything and goes out to prevent the rest of the list from being completed.

And trust me, it sounds a lot more interesting than it actually is. To top it all off, the acting is fairly atrocious, which pains me to say as a huge Cuba Gooding Jr. fan.

If this movie was meant as a joke... I certainly never got the punchline.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

Absolutely loved it. They took a couple of the Moriarty/Sherlock conversations straight out of the book, and that was cool. Definitely better than the first one, IMO.

Due Date. I went into it not expecting much, so I was actually a little surprised. Not a hilarious comedy by any means, but it had enough funny moments to make me enjoy it.

Tangled. I actually really enjoyed the fuck out of it, but it reminded me of how much I miss my kids.

War Horse...

I generally despise movies surrounded around animals -- especially horses. But this was a really good one. It just screams oscar bait.... I don't know if I would go that far... But no complaints here.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Totally loved it. A really unique, trippy movie that's almost hard to explain without really getting into it, but it was fantastic and I need to watch it again to understand everything.

50/50. Just as good as I was hoping it would be. Wasn't sure how you could make a movie about cancer into a really funny comedy without making it awkward, but that's just what this movie is. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen are both incredible.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Totally loved it. A really unique, trippy movie that's almost hard to explain without really getting into it, but it was fantastic and I need to watch it again to understand everything.

!!

You hadn't see this one yet? One of my all-time favorite movies.

Win Win

Paul Giamatti is so epic.

Cowboys and Aliens.

Pretty great cast of characters shored up a kinda cliche plot.

Still a good, solid action movie.

Friends With Benefits.

I was in bed at like 3AM...decided to watch Netflix and that's the first thing I saw.

Wasn't bad but whatever. I usually don't get into those movies but it was okay I guess.

6/10 I suppose.

50/50 - Just as good as I thought it was going to be.

The Ides of March - REALLY good. George Clooney was as good as usual, Ryan Gosling was really really good and Philip Seymour Hoffman of course was awesome.

Contagion - I thought it was ok, but was def. disappointing. I guess it was officially a let down, IMO.

Reel Steal - Awesome. Watched it with my son. Better than I thought.

MoneyBall - AMAZING AMAZING movie. I don't remember if I mentioned it in this thread before, but damn what a great movie. HIGHLY recommend to anyone if you haven't already seen it.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1216826p1.html

Rather than following suit with the original film's R-rated rough-and-tumble mayhem, Simon West's upcoming sequel to The Expendables will be aiming for a PG-13 rating instead.

Why, you may ask? /Film provides the scoop. According to Chuck Norris, as per one of his conditions to signing on for the film, The Expendables 2 would be cleaning up its language for a more accessible rating.

Said the former Texas Ranger, "With The Expendables 2, you have a lot of hard language in there that means that means that young people won't be able to see it. I said, I don't do movies like that. I didn't do them in the past, I didn't do them on my TV series. I said, you have to cut out all the language, hardcore language or I can't do it. So they did, and Expendables is now a PG-13 film so kids can see it."

chucknorrispg13_1326997311.jpg - Lionsgate

Mind you, this was just a rumor until earlier today when Ain't It Cool News confirmed Norris's claims in a recent interview with producer-star Sylvester Stallone:

"The PG-13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry."

Dragonball: Evolution

What a shitload of ass...

Underworld: Awakening. Not as good as the first or third movies, but better than the second. I was kind of irritated that this one was left so wide fucking open. Obviously there will be more films forthcoming, but the other movies could have just been single films and ended fine. That is not the case with this one. Disappointing.

FullMetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa

Oh how I have missed the tv series. :(

If you watched or were a loyal fan of the TV show, you will absolutely love this adaptation to film. And who is a more bad ass character than Roy Mustang?

Red Tails and my review on Flixster.

*** / *****

Average. Not bad, but not spectacular. Red Tails does just OK in pretty much all categories, but does not exceed expectations in any of them. A story so riveting and of this magnitude wasn't given the justice it deserved. What should have been thrilling and motivational was more mundane and lethargic.

The script is probably the biggest culprit (Aaron McGruber and John Ridley), but direction (Anthony Hemingway) was definitely lack as well. The acting was above average for what they had to work with and Terrence Howard and David Oyelowo really put it all on the line.

So, while Red Tails was far from a complete failure, it definitely leaves you disappointed and wanting more. Chalk this up as one of those that "could have, should have" been better.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Pretty good movie, 4/5.

It's a little heavy on violence and sex for my taste, but apparently it's a damn good adaptation of the book. Now I just need to get it. :p

Edited by Thanatos19

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Pretty good movie, 4/5.

It's a little heavy on violence and sex for my taste, but apparently it's a damn good adaptation of the book. Now I just need to get it. :p

Too much violence and sex? Do you have penis? :wink:

Real Steel. It got a bit corny at times, but it was much better than I expected.

Too much violence and sex? Do you have penis? :wink:

When I'm watching a movie, there are certain things that make me a bit... well I just don't like watching them. GwtDT has a rape scene. I honestly can't watch that. I meant to say violence *in* sex, btw. Violence really doesn't bother me that much, I've watched the Walking Dead without so much as a blink. The only thing that ever got to me was the scene where they "needed more gore."

*slight spoilers*

Plus, I don't mind sex scenes as long as they are not gratuitous- thrown in there just because. And the first "true" sex scene, i.e. between consenting adults, just came out of the blue. It was like, guy gets grazed in the head with a bullet and suddenly the girl decides she wants to have sex- the same girl who was raped earlier in the movie. It just wasn't realistic to me- it didn't make sense in the context of the story.

Warrior: Has to be one of the best films I have watched in years. I love how they managed to make characters so different but yet making it so so hard to pick a favourite out of the two. Both have had hardships of different spectrum and it all ties in so nicely into the plot. I had heard it was good but that was an epic film.

Showdown in Little Tokyo and Mortal Kombat. :yep:

Finally got around to seeing Apocalypse Now.

Needed more Robert Duvall. :yep: