GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Not sure if awesome or awful.

The Woman in Black.

Though the plot was pretty average and there wasn't much acting going on, the movie was eerie and had enough scary moments to make it enjoyable. Solid creepy movie, IMO.

Not sure if awesome or awful.

Looks like Tarantino is just having fun, which means it will essentially be Kill Bill during the Civil War.

So...awesome.

Midnight in Paris.

Phenomenal. A light-hearted and witty approach to subject matter that is deeply philosophical. It makes you think... It makes you yearn to experience what you cannot.

I really really enjoyed Midnight in Paris.

Told Sarge to go see it, but I don't think he ever did.

I really really enjoyed Midnight in Paris.

Told Sarge to go see it, but I don't think he ever did.

Ya, I wasn't that excited to see it because honestly.. I didn't know what it was. But man, was it impressive. Just spectacular in every way.

The Divide is a fucking crazy horror movie. I'm sure most of you never heard of it (it was released in only 7 theaters), but just wow. Really weird combination of sci-fi and horror, and really messed up as well. :yep:

Watched both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today (saw the first one about a year ago; had yet to see Part 2.)

Part 2 might be the most darkly-shot movie I've ever seen. Geez people, cast some light spells or something.

Saw Prometheus last night. It was alright something about it just seemed a bit....off. Like it was missing something extra, I don't know. But it was a good enough flick for me to enjoy.

Between listening to some classic rock for 2 hours, or watch Adam Sandler suck dick for 90 minutes... Hmm. Tough one.

So, I went to see Rock of Ages. Nothing special, and them butchering some of my all time favorites didn't help. >_>

Here's the review I posted on RT.

Still was able to garner a 3/5 from me, however.

Everyone knew going into it that the sound track was going to be the films biggest selling point. The nostalgia and reminiscing of the good ol' days was just too good to pass up. And in that, Rock of Ages certainly succeeded... It made you crave for good old rock and roll. So much so that you wanted to leave the theater after two or three poorly done cabaret performances.

It is amazing how Rock of Ages can have such a talented cast from top to bottom -- excluding the lead roles. Tom Cruise, Paul Giamatti, Alec Baldwin, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bryan Cranston, Russel Brand... Diego Boneta? Pass.

Tom Cruise and his performance as the infamous and unpredictable Stacee Jaxx was refreshing to say the least. As was the quirky relationship between Baldwin and Brand.

I also have to mention that I was sorely disappointed by the teasing of, "Oh Sherry" by Steve Perry, and then never being delivered the hit single. Although... On second thought, it's probably better off that they didn't any further butcher my perception of classic rock.

It's probably better off you stay away from this rose, because it certainly has it's share of thorns. Hit up your old record collection or even Spotify instead.

Saw Prince of Persia today. Liked it a lot.

One of the better video game movies I have ever seen.. Although, their budget was HUUUUGE... And I would have preferred it to be rated like R and not put out by Disney... Would have been SOOOOO awesome.

One of the better video game movies I have ever seen.. Although, their budget was HUUUUGE... And I would have preferred it to be rated like R and not put out by Disney... Would have been SOOOOO awesome.

haha, yea, that pissed me off. When I see a movie made by disney it always kinda turns me off. And seeing how it was a video game first, I figured it wouldn't turn out right. But it was pretty good all things considered.

That's because video game movies have gotten a bad rap because Uwe Boll massacres them.

They have some great plotlines in some of the games that would make for epic movies.

Everybody's Fine

(or they will be if they avoid this title)

Film has every opportunity to be powerful and moving. They can often leave you yearning for more. That's what "Everybody's Fine" accomplishes -- but not in the way it wanted.

The script takes itself too seriously and remains uneventful throughout. Meanwhile, the plot is just one sad predictable confrontation after another until a tidy feel-good ribbon is wrapped around everything at the end.

Director and Writer Kirk Jones has to feel disappointed with this project. He wanted a heart-felt tear-jerker, but instead crafted a weary, drab, and cliched shell of what once was his vision.

For what it's worth... The cast was pretty darn solid, especially De Niro. But not even Bobby, Drew Barrymore, Sam Rockwell, or Kate Beckinsale could save this one.

Guest Phailadelphia

Saw 50/50 a couple nights ago. Bought it thinking it was just a comedy. I was wrong, but in a good way. JGL and Seth Rogen were both great. I watched Anonymous right afterwards but I was too preoccupied with other things to pay much attention to it.

District 9

• Upvote 1

Finally got around to watching Moneyball last night.

Pretty good movie. Although, some scenes lagged a bit, and I thought there was a bit too much emphasis put on Scott Hatteberg.

Night of the Living Dead. (1968)

Anchorman

Rock of Ages. This movie marked only the third time (Pulp Fiction and What's the Worst That Could Happen, being the other two) I have ever wanted walk out of movie. It was possibly the most horrible piece of shit excuse for a fucking movie since Pulp Fiction back in the 1990's. I went immediately in to see The Avengers for the third time, just to cleanse my brain. It was seriously terrible.

Madagascar 3

Terrible movie with a few bright spots, nowhere near as good as Madagascar 1, and somehow even worse than Madagascar 2. Don't waste your time or money.

Brave

Fantastic. Top-5 of Pixar movies, (although, really, all Pixar movies except Cars 2 were pretty damn good). A different feel, more of a drama than a comedy, but very well done.

Wild Wild West.

I watched that on TV tonight ^^ lol.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

**** / *****

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter does its best to mix the fantasy of vampire hunting with the reality of war and a nation divided by principle. The film is not nearly as "fun" or "silly" as some would expect by the title, and the result is a much more refined and polished end product.

Benjamin Walker sets a mighty fine precedent as Abe Lincoln. The veiled strength he portrays on the silver screen as both the leader of our nation by day and vampire hunter by night is unexpected, intriguing, and gratifying.

The supporting cast including Dominic Cooper as Lincoln's vampire hunting mentor, Anthony Mackie as the long-time best friend and side kick, and Jimmi Simpson as former employer and most trusted friend were all beyond excellent.

They are the pieces that complete the puzzle that is Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Add intense action sequences with smooth transitions and overall style and you have yourself a mighty fine film.

I know I am going to be in the minority as far as this film goes, but I will defend my position. IT is getting a lot of flak because it isn't nearly as fun or goofy as they expect a film to be about our 16th President as a vampire hunter.

But it's the serious tone that it takes that makes it so believable. So genuine... It mixes fantasy and reality very brilliantly...

The acting was, IMO, superb from top to bottom. It has smooth flow and great action sequences... I see this film as a piece of art.

Very well done, even though I KNOW a lot of people are going to hate it.