GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice.jpg

• Upvote 1

Iron Man 3. EASILY and I mean EASILY the best of the 3 movies. The first Iron Man is one of the most overrated movies of all time. The second one was a little better. The third is by far the best to me. I actually cared about the plot of the movie. It wasn't just about Iron Man looking cool blowing shit up and RDJ being sarcastic.

Iron Man 3. EASILY and I mean EASILY the best of the 3 movies. The first Iron Man is one of the most overrated movies of all time. The second one was a little better. The third is by far the best to me. I actually cared about the plot of the movie. It wasn't just about Iron Man looking cool blowing shit up and RDJ being sarcastic.

I generally agree, I just HATED how they handled the Mandarin. What a joke.

Anyway. 2 Gunz. Solid action flick, nothing special. Denzel and Mark Wahlberg have a nice chemistry and there are some real funny moments in a goofy kind of way. Enjoyable.

Drive.

Beautiful and Bloody. Also I loved the soundtrack. Just an absolute blast to watch.

• Upvote 1

Django: 8/10- Great movie, great story and character relationships. Some of the modern day music Quentin Tarentino used was annoying as with his sound effects that he does, but he puts his own signature twist on it. Still a good quality movie.

The Great Wizard of Oz 5/10- The story was just whack.

John Carter (for the 2nd time) 9.5/10- Great story, great characters with personality and depth, action, stunning visual effects, and a very creative, captivating, and intriguing story concept in general. Gambit was awesome.

Also, this new Thor movie looks good:

Edited by dutchff7

Trouble With The Curve. Some of the dialogue was pretty bad but it was ok 6/10

Oz the Great and Powerful - wasn't great but my kid liked it... i guess it can have a 5/10

The Conjuring.

:mellow:

I give it a 7/10, but not because I thought it was scary. It was moderately scary, but it just seemed like another movie that relied on pop-ups to startle us rather than provide a story and environment that actually gives you the creeps. It was good, but grossly overrated. People who seriously required help from a priest or a counselor are either weak-minded or lying about how scared they were.

I wasn't that scared by The Conjuring. It got the hair on my arms to raise a few times, but I never was truly scared. It was just a really fucked up movie, and I'm not getting the point of the doll. It felt like they were hyping that thing up for something and nothing really big actually happened. But this is the first legit horror movie I've watched in a long time, so I don't know if it is a part of a series or something.

Ya, it wasn't scary like people said it was going to be. The doll seemed to be forced into the movie. They started that stuff up at the beginning, with those interviews.. And then didn't go back to it... lol. They did show the doll numerous times, but I didn't understand the point of that. Ha

I thought it was a solid movie though. Nice story and plot as far horror movies go.

The Wolverine - 5/10 - That's a generous rating. My expectations weren't all that high going in and I ended up feeling justified in thinking that. It was basically another Hugh Jackman fan-fiction. I'm getting really tired of his stupid retconning and self-serving ass. If there's Jean Grey love interest stuff in DoFP I'm going to cry. I'm glad that the director and screen writers of this thing don't have anything to do with the next movie. The post-credits scene was pretty badass. I gave the movie an extra +1 because the Asian girl was super hot. Even though the love interest was sooo forced and she was like, 70 years younger than him.

Rise of the Guardians - 7/10 - Cool animated flick. Great visuals and good moral story. Pretty sick cast too with chris pine, alec Baldwin, hugh jackman, jude law, and isla fisher.

Ya, it wasn't scary like people said it was going to be. The doll seemed to be forced into the movie. They started that stuff up at the beginning, with those interviews.. And then didn't go back to it... lol. They did show the doll numerous times, but I didn't understand the point of that. Ha

The point of the Anabel Doll was just to give us an introduction into what those people did as a profession. It also gave us things to look for and what to expect in the movie. For example, they talked about how the doll itself wasn't necessarily possessed but was being used as a vassal by the demonic presence to gain access to the tenants' lives. This foreshadowed the entranced of Bathsheeba (sp?) with the music box.

I thought it was a solid movie though. Nice story and plot as far horror movies go.

Agreed. Still nothing compared to The Exorcist, which is the only movie I can look back on and say, "This had me scared... not startled from pop-ups, but scared."

L.A. Confidential

Aka Russell Crowe beats the shit out of everyone in the fucking movie.

Hitchcock.

Not bad not great either. Anthony Hopkins is pretty damn good as Hitchcock but the movie is just missing something.

He Got Game. One of my all-time favorite basketball films.

The Cabin in the Woods...it was interesting.

I thought that was the worst movie when I first watched it. I then learned it was a parody. Watching it again, I've since come to appreciate the movie. It did an effective job of mocking the horror industry without making itself too obvious, in my opinion.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I really liked it. Then again drama/comedy is my shit.

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - 5/10

Hmm, I like Percy Jackson. Although, I am very biased towards movies about or with the olympians and what not. I also don't mind watching movies at a younger audience, if that wasn't obvious. :shifty::laugh:

Hmm, I like Percy Jackson. Although, I am very biased towards movies about or with the olympians and what not. I also don't mind watching movies at a younger audience, if that wasn't obvious. :shifty::laugh:

I love mythology; I just think the execution in the movie was bad. I can't go into detail with my grievances with the battle, but I can say that the acting was pretty "meh" if not flat out atrocious from the antagonist cousin.

Oblivion.

Pretty entertaining. I'd give it 8/10.

I love mythology; I just think the execution in the movie was bad. I can't go into detail with my grievances with the battle, but I can say that the acting was pretty "meh" if not flat out atrocious from the antagonist cousin.

Ya, it isn't a great movie by any means.. And you probably won't even remember seeing it by the time next week rolls around, but I thought it was beautifully shot with great pacing and lots of action. The plot did have some holes and logic should be checked at the door, but still entertaining, IMO. They set it up for a really good 3rd installment.

The Butler.

Fantastic. As is with these types of movies, there seemed to be more political grandstanding than I would otherwise care for but hell, who cares... Look at this cast. Forrest Whitaker, who is one of the greatest actors of our age... Oprah was actually exceptional, believe it or not. Cuba Gooding Jr (who I love) didn't embarrass himself which is almost a miracle from God, Himself. Good performances from all the guys who played the Presidents (james marsden, robin williams, john cusack, alan rickman, leiv schreiber)... And David Oyelowo, who plays Whitaker and Winfrey's son was soooo good as well.

Not one of my favorite movies ever, but so damn classy. lol