GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Olympus Has Fallen.

A lot of liberties taken, but it's an action flick. I give it an 8/10, because I actually thought it was a pretty effective movie.

Finished the Cube trilogy finally. Cube and Cube Zero were good, HyperCube was garbage.

Olympus Has Fallen.

A lot of liberties taken, but it's an action flick. I give it an 8/10, because I actually thought it was a pretty effective movie.

Ew. It is a brainless action movie, but not a great one, IMO. :laugh: Did you also see White House Down? I didn't, but it looked practically identical. ha.

The Watch. I was under the impression that it was a comedy...yet I did not laugh even once. All of the "humor" was sex-related and I just don't find it funny at all. Terrible, terrible movie.

Ew. It is a brainless action movie, but not a great one, IMO. :laugh: Did you also see White House Down? I didn't, but it looked practically identical. ha.

I hate brainless action movies, but when they still manage to entertain me, I have to give them credit. I was picking apart the plot holes in the movie all the way through, but it was still intriguing and entertaining for me.

Pacific Rim. I hate myself for enjoying the crap out of this, but I did.

Cabin in the Woods. I'm not a big horror fan, but I definitely recommend it.

• Upvote 2

Monsters INC

Cabin in the Woods. I'm not a big horror fan, but I definitely recommend it.

I thought that was a very cliched movie at first; then, I learned it was a parody. It's so brilliant at parodying the horror genre, that I thought I was watching a movie trying to take itself seriously. I was impressed.

The Wolverine.

So-so action flick.

But... holy... that scene after the credits!

• Upvote 1

Skyfall. Another movie where you can poke holes in it all you want, but the performances are so convincing that you just get drawn into the movie. This one is a 9/10 for me, though it is far better than Olympus Has Fallen (which I gave an 8/10).

Also, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Never gets old.

I want to watch Flight again. The only thing holding me back is that I may not like it as much the second time through. I LOVED Flight, but it just doesn't seem like a movie I could LOVE two times through.

Hunger Games....

I hate Suzanne Collins and the rest of the team for ending the books and then the movie like this... GET OUT. Which means it was so awesome I wish it hadn't ended.

I was going to come in here exclaiming how this is shaping up to be one of my favorite trilogies of all time... Then I read they are splitting the final book into two movies. Those bastards.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

I loved it. Simple as that.

I watched 2:30 of filler and a minute-long preview for Hunger Games 3.

Hunger Games....

I hate Suzanne Collins and the rest of the team for ending the books and then the movie like this... GET OUT. Which means it was so awesome I wish it hadn't ended.

I was going to come in here exclaiming how this is shaping up to be one of my favorite trilogies of all time... Then I read they are splitting the final book into two movies. Those bastards.

Have you read all three books or are you watching the movies first?

I am reading the books before I see the movies, but I haven't read them in advance. Thus I read Book 1 a couple months before the movie came out. Read Catching Fire early October... Dunno what I am going to do with this last one though. After this.. I probably am just going to storm through the book.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after reading the 3rd one.

I have considered reading the books, but think it would be weird for me, as a 35 year old man, to buy books aimed at young adults.

I have considered reading the books, but think it would be weird for me, as a 35 year old man, to buy books aimed at young adults.

I am almost embarrassed to say that I didn't even know what the books were until the movies came out / were about to come out. I had heard of them before, but had absolutely no clue what they were at all. If I had, I would have definitely read them previously. Still deciding if I should delve into 3 or wait until next fall before Part 1 comes out.

Safety Not Guaranteed: It was definitely different. I really enjoyed it, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. It's a comedy/drama based on a guy who thinks he can time travel. I'll leave it at that.
  • Upvote 2

Safety Not Guaranteed: It was definitely different. I really enjoyed it, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. It's a comedy/drama based on a guy who thinks he can time travel. I'll leave it at that.

Loved that movie, in a really... Different kind of way. Ha. :D