GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

The last 30 minutes is just so much better than the rest of the movie... ha. IMO, anyway

Trainwreck: 7/10

A very funny comedy that feels like it lost itself as it got to the end. Movie was about 30min longer than it needed to be IMO. But great performances from a very interesting group of people, and a true Amy Schumer movie through and through.

The last 30 minutes is just so much better than the rest of the movie... ha. IMO, anyway

Which, really, is how things are supposed to be. I thought the pacing was alright. Despite the fact that his name is Ant-Man, ants should never be used again. Ever.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M

:notbad:

Edited by Vin

The Man from U.N.C.L.E: 10/10

Oh I loooove this movie. So many amazing scenes. Interesting story. Good action. Nice little twist. A few funny parts that were reallllly funny.

Most people might not know, but Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill were cast a long time ago to play Batman and Superman respectively in a Justice League movie that was never made. So in essence this is our true Batman vs Superman movie and the chemistry between the two was off the charts!

And remember...."take it like a pussy"

Jenny's Wedding: 6.5/10

A very important message, but can't help but feel a stronger cast would have taken this movie into Oscar talks.

Edited by butta54
  • Upvote 1

The music they chose to go with that trailer was just a terrible choice.

are they really going the stupid action movie route with Star Trek? don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good stupid action movie, but really? with that franchise?

And Vin thought they ruined Star Trek with the previous installments. If only he knew this was what the future held. Looks terrible. And that is coming from someone who thought Star Trek was gonna potentially hit one of my favorite movie series of all time. Maybe not anymore.....

Vin should be excited that it looks like they are going in the direction of super cheesy / throwback... The rest of us? Prepare for nothing.

Ya, I'm not looking forward to that new Star Trek at all. Maybe once I see Idris Elba in the trailers I'll change my mind.

You actually understood Mad Max enough to be able to use a gif from the movie correctly? You are one step ahead of me. I am still trying to figure out what the hell that movie was about.

You actually understood Mad Max enough to be able to use a gif from the movie correctly? You are one step ahead of me. I am still trying to figure out what the hell that movie was about.

Getting nominated for best picture though.

Kate McKinnon is the best.

EDIT:

2-John-Wick.gif

:megusta:

AND LOOK WHO ELSE IS BACK!

CWR07BUWwAAfYJl.jpg

CWS1LEzXIAEZKb2.jpg

CWS1LQEUYAE3VYj.jpg

:ooo: :ooo: :ooo:

Edited by Vin

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

I've been watching them for the very first time. Episode I was terrible but II and III have been good so I'm understanding why people like them lol

I dislike II because of the sappy romance and bad acting, but the clone stuff was awesome. Episode III was just great.

Episodes II and III both suck. I just never bought the way Anakin turned to the Dark Side, which kinda ruined the entire story arc for me.

Well, in Episode IV, Obi-Wan says Vader was "seduced by the Dark Side of the Force." But in Episodes II and III, we see that is was moreso Palpatine tricking Anakin into joining the Dark Side. It feels more like deception that seduction. Plus, a lot of that hinged on the love between Anakin and Padme, so it didn't help that every scene with the two of them was awfully written and acted.

Deceived would probably be the more appropriate word to use, but I think you could say Anakin was seduced by the Dark Side. The straw that broke the camel's back was Anakin believing he could save Padme if he turned. He was seduced into thinking he could have the power to save the love of his life, which was especially enticing since he couldn't save his mother. Both deceive and seduce fit, IMO.

As far as not being convinced by the love story/acting, I agree with you 1000%.

• Upvote 2

Agreed, the best romance scene between those two was when they were not even in the same place.

Horrible acting.

ghost-kate.0.jpg

ghost-leslie.0.jpg

ghost-melissa.0.jpg

ghost-kristen.0.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

9.5/10.

“It was very action-packed,” Pegg said of the trailer while speaking to Hey U Guys on Wednesday. “It was surprising. I find it to be kind of the marketing people saying, ‘Everybody come and see this film, it’s full of action and fun,’ when there’s a lot more to it than that.”
Pegg even admitted that he “didn’t love” the trailer, “because I know there’s a lot more to the film. There’s a lot more story and a lot more character stuff and a lot more what I would call Star Trek stuff.”
Still, he understands the realities of marketing big-budget movies. “They’ve got to bring a big audience in,” he said. “They’ve got to bang the drum. To the Star Trek fans, I’d say, ‘Hang in there, be patient.’”

well, that's at least somewhat reassuring