GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Going through the Lethal Weapons. Still need to finish the 1st one... keep falling asleep.

• Upvote 1

Cool, Cersei was in the first 300 before she was Cersei. It's cool to look back and see the rise of stars in other movies before they were relevant. I think Gerald Butler (Leonitas) carried 300 pretty hard. Not sure how this one will do. She portrayed such a strong and fiery woman in 300 too. And a pompous, evil, arrogant bitch in Game of Thrones. I fucking love Cersei.

Edited by dutchff7

On to Lethal Weapon 3

Saw This is the End twice in the past week. Saw it opening night with a couple of friends, then some more wanted to see it on Saturday so I joined them. Such a hilarious movie, some of the scenes are ridiculous. Watching it a 2nd time, you pick up on a lot of foreshadowing and the work they put into the movie, its not some plain old stupid crude humor comedy.

Dr. Stangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

The original black comedy. No doubt my favorite subgenre and one of my favorite directors. Good stuff.

Anyone ever see The Iceman? It looks good. Michael Shannon is the lead role and the role seems perfect for him. Here's the trailer:

The movie is centered around Richard Kuklinski. I read the biography written about him years ago and plan on rereading it before I see the movie. The man claimed to have killed Jimmy Hoffa but who hasn't. There's also a few documentaries that were done by HBO before he passed away. Very chilling stuff.

If it's done right the movie could be very good.

Edited by Barracuda

Saw This is the End twice in the past week. Saw it opening night with a couple of friends, then some more wanted to see it on Saturday so I joined them. Such a hilarious movie, some of the scenes are ridiculous. Watching it a 2nd time, you pick up on a lot of foreshadowing and the work they put into the movie, its not some plain old stupid crude humor comedy.

I saw it twice as well. So awesome. Haha. The fact that it was still extremely funny the 2nd time through syas all you need to know.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Oh yeah. Couldn't think of it but this one line I kept saying to myself made me think of it.

The Rock.

Miracle.

The True Story of USA Hockey Coach Herb Brooks (Kurt Russel) who took a team full of college amateurs and led them to a victory of the powerhouse Soviets in the 1980 Olympic Games.

Awesome film.

Edited by Bay

2. Cloud Atlas- This movie is very intriguing and seems like I would enjoy it very much.

I don't know if you've seen it by now, but I just finished watching it.

It is absolutely amazing. It's not difficult to follow, actually, I thought it was going to be.

"What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?"

The actors in this are incredible and the movie is worth watching if only for the old people trying to break out of a nursing home story.

I don't know if you've seen it by now, but I just finished watching it.

It is absolutely amazing. It's not difficult to follow, actually, I thought it was going to be.

"What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?"

The actors in this are incredible and the movie is worth watching if only for the old people trying to break out of a nursing home story.

No, I haven't seen it yet. I plan to check it out this weekend sometime. The previews showed a creative perspective of the movie. Seemed very interesting.

The movie is centered around Richard Kuklinski. I read the biography written about him years ago and plan on rereading it before I see the movie. The man claimed to have killed Jimmy Hoffa but who hasn't. There's also a few documentaries that were done by HBO before he passed away. Very chilling stuff.

If it's done right the movie could be very good.

I'll check those documentaries out. I enjoy watching that type of stuff. I'm also glad to see Michael Shannon getting more prominent roles. BoardWalk Empire really boasted him onto the main stage.

<--- Crazy motherfucker.

I have now been up for over 24 hours, including an 8 hour work day. After work I was up until around 9:45am (I usually go to bed by 9) when my girlfriend mentioned that one of our local theaters was doing some deal on Saturday mornings at 10am where you get a ticket, a popcorn, and a drink for $6. So I decided not to sleep and went to see This is the End. Fucking hilarious.

Instead of going to bed, we decided to drive and get some coffee and then headed back to watch World War Z. Fucking phenomenal and one of the most nerve-wracking movies I've watched.

Deliriously tired, but not wanting to forgo the three-peat, we stayed and watched The Purge. It was actually decent for what it was, which was surprising.

We had planned originally on staying for Man of Steel, but the movie started ten minutes before The Purge ended, so we left rather than staying for a fourth consecutive film.

Overall, I feel like my one day off a week was well spent. I'll probably try hitting four movies in a row at some point when there are four I'd like to see. I've never watched more than one in a day (at the theater).

• Upvote 1

For so long fans have been wondering exactly which role William Fichtner be acting in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 film.

Fichtner recently put all the questions to bed in a recent interview with Huffington Post by revealing his character as The Shredder! “I play Shredder. It is cool. It’s one of those things that came along where I thought, “Really? Let me think about this for a minute.” [Laughs] Then I was like, “Yeah, OK, this sounds like a journey.” I’m very glad that it worked out, I’m really glad that I’m doing it.”

Fichtner has a superb acting background and can definitely use his experience to move his audience, he especially can perform as a villain as he did in a number of bits.

The only issue fans would have with William Fichtner as Shredder would be the characters Asian decent. Or some would question Fichtner’s fighting ability as an martial artist, because Master Shredder is recognized forocious fighter.

See more at: http://teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/news/movies/william-fichtner-is-your-new-shredder#sthash.YREMhBlN.dpuf

Much Ado About Nothing. Delightful. Simply delightful.

Life of Pi.

Amazing! Should have won more awards than it did.

World War Z.

Has some good reviews, but I really did not like it.

Much Ado About Nothing. Delightful. Simply delightful.

My mom use to love that movie. Watched it all the time. The dialect is amazing.

I figure Stevo is talking about the new Joss Whedon adaptation. :D

I figure Stevo is talking about the new Joss Whedon adaptation. :D

:yep:

Better than Kenneth Brannaugh's version, in my opinion.

Star Trek: Into Darkness. Incredible. Definitely better than the first one. I absolutely loved it, thought it was Batman Begins great, maybe even Dark Knight great. I need to see it again.

I absolutely love inspirational movies and think this may be a good one. From the outside looking in, if Ashton's performance is good, I think this may be one of those Oscar Films.

Edited by dutchff7

bait.jpg

Man of Steel. I liked it.

Despicable Me 2 was really funny.

Also, I've been hooked on Asian movies lately...

- A Moment to Remember

- More Than Blue

- Secret (Jay Chou)

- Now and Forever

- Battle Royale

- The Man From Nowhere

- The Secret Reunion

That's just on Netflix. I've been looking up some great Asian movies, and I intend on watching some tonight.

Moonrise Kingdom

Probably the most... er.. heartwarming? Wes Anderson flick I've seen. Not sure if that's the right word but I liked it.

• Upvote 1

Moonrise Kingdom

Probably the most... er.. heartwarming? Wes Anderson flick I've seen. Not sure if that's the right word but I liked it.

It was really good in a very... quirky... kind of way, I thought. lol