GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

American Hustle.

9.8/10 simply because Louis never told us the point of the ice fishing story.

• Upvote 2

Thor 2.

Better than the first. :yep:

Need for Speed. Aaron Paul should really never act again unless it's as Jesse Pinkman. I have no desire to see any movie featuring him.

And randomly, there is this.

So I take it he's bad instead of just the movie being bad? That's unfortunate.

Maybe he'll be better in this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1712261/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Edited by Vin

Bushwhacked. :D

So I take it he's bad instead of just the movie being bad? That's unfortunate.

Maybe he'll be better in this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1712261/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

To be fair to him, everything about the movie was bad. The other actors were bad, the story was bad, the pacing was bad, even the race scenes were pretty bad (relative to what you would expect).

The only thing I really liked about the movie was the cars themselves were cool. They didn't use them very well, but just sitting there looking at them was nice. Lol.

EDIT

And LMAO at that casting list with Paul's name at the top. Damn, son.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Grown Ups 2.

What a jumbled mess of a movie. At least the first one felt like a movie. This one feels more like a bunch of skits just randomly thrown together. Some amusing parts, but pretty bad overall.

White House Down.

Expected it to suck. Actually turned out to be decent. Not great, but decent.

Pitch Perfect.

I gotta be honest....I fucking loved it. Seriously surprised by how good it ended up being. I avoided it figuring it was meant for teeny-boppers, however, it is decidedly NOT for kids at all.

• Upvote 2

I Spy.

Thor 2. Was ok. Better than the first but I still have trouble caring about anything in the movie except Loki.

Best character in the Thor universe (movie wise) is Heimdall. I want him to have his own movie. Idris Elba needs to be a super hero (Green Lantern, please).

Grown Ups 2.

What a jumbled mess of a movie. At least the first one felt like a movie. This one feels more like a bunch of skits just randomly thrown together. Some amusing parts, but pretty bad overall.

I give you mad props for sitting through that fucking mess of a film. I couldn't get much further than the first scence (with the deer), it was so...stupid isn't a strong enough word, but it is the one that jumps to mind.

American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street. Loved them both.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

While I loved it, I don't think it was close to as good as The Avengers. It did set up a few things that will clearly impact the next Avengers movie.

Agree with Chia. I thought it was MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Cap 1, but I still felt it didn't live up to the insane expectations set by some saying it was the best Marvel film ever. Still really great though. And as Chia kinda mentioned... The fact that it was such a great movie in it's own right but also will act as a catalyst and building block for future films is great.

Usually I would nitpick some of the actors or dialogue or plot... but I really had no problem with any of that.

The only thing I would have liked was for The Winter Soldier to re-mask himself after the...thing... He was so much more bad ass.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

• Upvote 1

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

LOVED IT!

I actually thought it was the best Marvel movie yet.

Although, regardless of whether you thought it was the best or really good/loved it, it's a win-win for us Marvel fans. It's just another really good installment that they have to top.

• Upvote 1

Bad Words. Okay comedy. It was a lot more lewd than I was expecting though, for some reason... Not sure why.

Free to Play. Documentary style movie following a couple of pro gamers during the big million dollar DOTA 2 tourney a couple years back. Very good movie.

12 Years A Slave. Very, very powerful, and definitely difficult to watch, but worth it. I was expecting sappy, overrated, overly sentimental Oscarbait, but I was pleasantly surprised. McQueen (one of my favorite directors) holds nothing back.

Watched Mr. Nobody on Netflix. It's about a man (Jared Leto) who can see all of his different paths in life based on the choices he makes. (parent he stays with, woman he marries, etc.)

I like that it's different and it really makes you question the whole "grand scheme" of human existence. It's definitely not a movie for everyone, but I really enjoyed it.

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm, you have me intrigued Mr. Fartwaffles. :think:

I saw Mr. Nobody too a few years ago. Definitely one of those movies that's so ambitious in it's scale it'll never please everyone. I dug it though. Great music choices as well and the contrast in DP's used between each point in his life was a great idea. :yep: