GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Got around to watching Star Wars Episode V. Enjoyed it a lot more than IV and was pleasantly surprised at the Vader/Luke fight and father revelation. It's hilarious to me that the iconic, "Luke...I am your father" line that's been repeated for centuries is not even correct or said with the cheesy inflection that everyone uses.

I'm excited to watch VI now, but I saw Vin mention that going IV, V, I, II, III, VI is a superior order. gf looked up the reasoning (I was afraid of spoilers) and said she agrees. I saw I-III when they were new and remember quite a bit of them, but I think I'll still do it Vin's way since it's supposed to be best.

• Upvote 2

Watched last year's Godzilla again over the weekend.

I have the strangest reactions to this movie. Like, I'll have emotional and giddy responses to this that I never get with anything else (or that normal people get with other movies).

I'm weird, man.

Wild: 6/10

Was sold as a mainly solo movie like Locke but wasn't exactly the case as a majority of the movie was with other characters. Very rich story and background, although I honestly didn't see an over the top performance by Witherspoon. Her being nominated for an Oscar is just more of old priveleged people loving to see other priveleged people pretend to be in some sort of drama.

Saw this recently, and I'd give it the same rating. Bonus points for Witherspoon bewbs.

Tucker and Dale v.s. Evil: 7.5/10

Really funny spin on the typical backwoods horror story. Some of the deaths I legit laughed out loud how ridiculous it was. There was one line the blonde bimbo says that floored me after the succession of actions. Great stuff. :lol:

Episodes I and II down. I remembered a lot more of those than I would've thought. Aniken was a little annoying bitch in II like I knew he'd be.

• Upvote 1

Godzilla, we have to cook!

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace = 5/10

Little kid Anakin, Jar Jar Binks, the podrace, and only two jedi battles throughout the whole thing (and one wasn't even good, just a one minute little snippet of Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul on Tatooine) made this one a 5.

Knocked out Episode III last night. I saw this one in theaters and I remembered generally liking it and being surprised. This time around wasn't much different, I actually really enjoyed it compared to I and II.

The movie had its problems, but I'd say it was my favorite. Aniken being dumb and falling for everything Sidious said at every turn was a bit unbelievable, but I guess if Darth P___ (forgot the name, but Darth Sidious's old master) had the power to create life with midichlorians, I'm sure Aniken was simply created to be a Sith and there wasn't much he could do but be manipulated. Pretty tragic.

Honestly, even if IV and V had had the same effects and such, I think I'd still have liked III the most, followed by V. Have to finish things up with VI this weekend and am pretty excited to see how it all turns out. Hoping that Vader fucks Sidious in the ass with a saber.

• Upvote 1

Its somewhat sad that despite not seeing anything Star Wars for many years, I know the answer to Zack's blank.

Darth Plagius. (sp?)

It is speculated that Plagius is simply Sidious though, so there is that.

• Upvote 1

Its somewhat sad that despite not seeing anything Star Wars for many years, I know the answer to Zack's blank.

Darth Plagius. (sp?)

It is speculated that Plagius is simply Sidious though, so there is that.

Yup, that's it. :yep: I thought I remembered after posting, but was afraid to go looking it up because I'm obsessively anti-spoiler.

idk why that would be speculated based on what Sidious said in III, but maybe there's more to it in VI. I think it'd be pretty lame if there wasn't some all-powerful Sith prior to Sidious, because he said "the Sith will rule the galaxy once more". I mean, yeah, there could have been other non-Plagius ones, but idk why he'd invent that story rather than just saying "I know everything and can create life, learn from me".

The Cobbler: 5/10

This movie had potential. Extremely goofy plot, but some of the execution was clever for another goofy Sandler movie. There was also small scenes here and there that really make you want more from Sandler.

Still Alice: 8/10

Great movie. Could have used a little more development about who Alice was before she started regressing. Amazing performance by Moore.

Two Night Stand: 6/10

Mostly white people being white. Not a very strong or believable plot. Not a very strong female lead. This movie is passable because of one reason….Miles Teller Da Gawd :towel:

Yup, that's it. :yep: I thought I remembered after posting, but was afraid to go looking it up because I'm obsessively anti-spoiler.

idk why that would be speculated based on what Sidious said in III, but maybe there's more to it in VI. I think it'd be pretty lame if there wasn't some all-powerful Sith prior to Sidious, because he said "the Sith will rule the galaxy once more". I mean, yeah, there could have been other non-Plagius ones, but idk why he'd invent that story rather than just saying "I know everything and can create life, learn from me".

Oh no, there's been a lot of Sith prior to Sidious. Darth Bane was the one that introduced the famous "rule of two"- one master, one apprentice.

In the KotOR games there's more Sith to fight there. Sith have been around nearly as long as the Jedi, or longer, depending on whose sources you believe.

Oh no, there's been a lot of Sith prior to Sidious. Darth Bane was the one that introduced the famous "rule of two"- one master, one apprentice.

In the KotOR games there's more Sith to fight there. Sith have been around nearly as long as the Jedi, or longer, depending on whose sources you believe.

Well, none of that stuff is canon, though. And I specifically meant one as powerful as Sidious claimed Plagius was. :yep:

According to Vin they blew up the continuity when Disney acquired Lucas Films, which is why I said none of it was canon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Bah. It's still canon, regardless of what Disney says. You can't just take something like the EU away.

Bah. It's still canon, regardless of what Disney says. You can't just take something like the EU away.

They can, though, because the movies will contradict all of EU.

• Upvote 1

Mad Max: Fury Road - 8.5/10

Pros:

If you're looking for action, this movie is what you're looking for. Out of the two hour run-time, I'd say about 15-20 minutes could be considered "slow"

All of the main cast are pretty great.

It's a spectacle. Not much CGI, so mostly everything is a practical effect.

Cons:

Needs more Tom Hardy. Charlize Theron is great, but I wasn't expecting the mainly secondary nature that Max has.

There's like, almost no story. It mostly works for what the movie is, but more certainly wouldn't hurt.

Needs more dialogue. Again, I suppose it mostly works given what the movie is, but again, it wouldn't hurt to have more.

There's some hilariously awful shots peppered throughout the movie (To me, anyway. Not everyone will feel the same) They're sped up in a way that remind me of like a black and white movie from the 30s and I hate them. It's a silly and over the top movie anyway, but these are really unnecessary

They can, though, because the movies will contradict all of EU.

I suppose my point is that just because Disney bought out Lucas doesn't render the books that were officially recognized as canon to be non-canon. I don't recognize their authority in the matter simply because they have money.

The movies, to me, will be an interesting parallel universe kind of thing, much like the new Star Trek movies.

Or the EU will be an interesting parallel universe thing and the three movie trilogies will be canon? Haha.

Just finished VI. Was pretty good, but Ewoks were ehh and Luke throwing down his saber instead of killing Sidious was kinda dumb. Can kill someone for good without "giving into the hatred", like, you know, all the other people he killed.

Pretty stoked for VII now. Will probably start watching The Clone Wars TV series, though the art style looks wack and it's 120+ fucking episodes, so I'm not too excited.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

Oh damn, Aaron Sorkin wrote the screenplay? Shit's getting real.

60 seconds of the trailer shit all over the entire movie that Ashton Kutcher did.

The Babadook

Find this on Netflix and watch it. It's a great horror film and I fucking detest most horror movies.

Fucking awesome movie.

And I bet you just saw it on Netflix and then decided to watch it. FOR SHAME.

Or the EU will be an interesting parallel universe thing and the three movie trilogies will be canon? Haha.

Just finished VI. Was pretty good, but Ewoks were ehh and Luke throwing down his saber instead of killing Sidious was kinda dumb. Can kill someone for good without "giving into the hatred", like, you know, all the other people he killed.

Pretty stoked for VII now. Will probably start watching The Clone Wars TV series, though the art style looks wack and it's 120+ fucking episodes, so I'm not too excited.

Watch the 2003 animated version. I think I'll like that one better, mostly because it's a movie in itself and it's 2D instead of 3D. Ive seen it before and it's got some pretty cool stuff in it.

Actually, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Wow, Sparty beat me to it. I actually watched that same link like 4 days ago, got really baked and watched it :lol: I heard it's better to watch than the 2008 or 120 episode series one Zack is talking about. It's a movie condensed version, different animation obviously too it's in Samurai Jack style but i think all the voices are the real actors.